Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 04:24 PM

709 posts, read 656,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I just returned from a visit to Milwaukee. I lived in Milwaukee for years and it's still my favorite city, but it was weird to walk into a bar and be hit with smoke after living in a smoke free state. So it was back to the old routine of years ago when we got back to our friend's house at the end of the evening. Take off the stinky clothes and put them on the porch as they were too stinky for even the laundry pile. Then hit the shower at 3 a.m. even though we were both dog tired and didn't feel like showering ( especially since we already showered at 7 pm). Had to do it though as not to stink up the pillow and comforter with our ashtray-smelling hair.

Rude, stinky, intrusive habit. You'd think smokers would be polite enough to step outside, but no. So now we're going to make sure they do.
Too many laws? Sorry. The bottom twenty percent of our country is always doing things to cause discomfort and stress for the civilized people.
I say bring on more laws. I'll give up some of my freedom to ensure the Jerry Springer types aren't running around unchecked.

Thank God you left. We have enough pompous, self righteous pricks here; we don't need another one.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 PM

42 posts, read 145,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
Thank God you left. We have enough pompous, self righteous pricks here; we don't need another one.
I'm guessing you're referring to yourself?

Hm. Not often you find a person who's so self-loathing...

Old 05-14-2009, 08:13 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,889 times
Yes, I'm a thrilled that the ban passed. Too bad it won't go into affect for another year though.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:14 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,993,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCATONSVILLE View Post
Businesses will do what businesses will do...make as much money as they can.With that being said yes if the states where the smoking ban has allready been passed, and once AGAIN YES it has not hurt their business, had the ban reversed would they allow people to smoke in their bars again. You bet they would, most don't care about the other patrons it disturbs or their employees who must indure it, they only care about making money. Hell if drugs suddenly became legal I bet most of the bars would start selling them as well...does that make it right. It's funny but in nature the dumb, the weak, and the slow get weeded out early in life, but with humans we just put them on government subsidized programs and then have the pleasure of being annoyed by them.
So true.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:04 AM

261 posts, read 943,825 times
Quote:
I say bring on more laws. I'll give up some of my freedom to ensure the Jerry Springer types aren't running around unchecked.
Dito!

Old 05-15-2009, 05:06 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
The elitism dripping from this thread is telling. And sad.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:41 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The elitism dripping from this thread is telling. And sad.
Not really, we're average people who try to lead a life that isn't a burden to others. We respect other people and expect the same in return.

That and we don't want to stink-doesn't seem unreasonable.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:45 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
No, you don't respect other people or else you'd let them conduct their business in a way that meets the needs of their clientele instead of as you see fit to run their business for them. If you don't want to stink, then don't patronize private establishments where smoking is permitted.

Last edited by Drover; 05-15-2009 at 10:58 AM..

Old 05-15-2009, 10:57 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
You people are incredible! You can find stink all over! I come across plenty of stinky a$$ people when I go out to stores etc. and I can smell their nasty B.O./unclean smell from a distance, as well as countless non smokers gagable breaths. I seriously would like to rolf quite frequently

It's apparent some of you sanctimonious folks need to feel better about yourselves as smokers are one of the last groups you can pick apart and pigeon hole to fit your whiny perceptions. No one with a heart would feel the need to talk so smugly about a serious addiction that kills!

News flash to y'all, for what it's worth, some businesses in Madison did shut down because of the ban. Others reinvented themselves and added smoking porches. I hope some owners will come up with a way like SF, if they haven't already, where if workers are related and there is no food, they can remain a smoking establishment. I'm sure smokers would love to keep you anal retentatives out!!!

It's already been rumored in our newspaper that many of the smaller towns and individual owners will find a way around the ban. Who will enforce them? Good luck smoke nazi's...maybe you can buck up and create a watch group

Old 05-15-2009, 11:03 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Not really, we're average people who try to lead a life that isn't a burden to others. We respect other people and expect the same in return.

That and we don't want to stink-doesn't seem unreasonable.
How in the sam hill would you know that any of the above posters respect people in thier daily lives? Proof please?? This is the internet and the majority of us *don't* know each other!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin