Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:58 PM

21 posts, read 156,129 times

Advertisements

ok so i am 24 years old and i have never had a job before in my life. i am looking right now but no place is hireing me i am told its because after i hand in my application or resusme i do not call them back the next day and then repeat calling them back everyday untill i get the job or they say stop calling us you dont have the job. but honestly i do not know what to do because i am trying places like mcdonalds and even they wont hire me and i really really need a job badly and i have no idea how to get one since i have no money and if i go back to school it will just be a waste of time for me right now. i failed badly and i just dont know what to do. like how do i get a job at mcdonalds or walmart do i really have to call them up every day untill they say no and then move on to the next one. heck even dishwashers say oh u need exprence. well how am i supposed to get exprence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,742,040 times
Did you fail badly at school too? What is your highest degree?

I've run into a few jobs that only require a HS degree, because companies want a cheap candidate to hire. Occassionaly and very rarely these are Technical Writer jobs and Drafting.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,407,819 times
Lightbulb geez...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendhanbb View Post
ok so i am 24 years old and i have never had a job before in my life. i am looking right now but no place is hireing me i am told its because after i hand in my application or resusme i do not call them back the next day and then repeat calling them back everyday untill i get the job or they say stop calling us you dont have the job. but honestly i do not know what to do because i am trying places like mcdonalds and even they wont hire me and i really really need a job badly and i have no idea how to get one since i have no money and if i go back to school it will just be a waste of time for me right now. i failed badly and i just dont know what to do. like how do i get a job at mcdonalds or walmart do i really have to call them up every day untill they say no and then move on to the next one. heck even dishwashers say oh u need exprence. well how am i supposed to get exprence.
for starters lay off the coffee or whatever it is that has you going 500 mph. I can see your eyes spinning around in their sockets...
K

Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,493 times
Have you gone to college? If not, what have you been doing between hight school graduation and now?

6,345 posts, read 8,116,258 times
If your resume looks like your post, I would go back to school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Did you fail badly at school too? What is your highest degree?

I've run into a few jobs that only require a HS degree, because companies want a cheap candidate to hire. Occassionaly and very rarely these are Technical Writer jobs and Drafting.
i failed badly at school. yes the highest i have is high school right now. and yeah i mean i need a job at mcdonalds or walmart or something like that but i feel like when i do apply they already have enough people working there. like i said i have not tired calling them back which may be the mistake i am doing but what happens when all they do is say no. i really have no exprence do anything and i really need a job a teenager can do thats the best i can hope for right now.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
If your resume looks like your post, I would go back to school.
yeah well what am i supposed to do for money in the meantime.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
for starters lay off the coffee or whatever it is that has you going 500 mph. I can see your eyes spinning around in their sockets...
K
not having a job is what is making me go 500 mph. not being able to make money is what is making me go 500 mph. knowing i am really screwed and pathetic for my age is what is making me go this way.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,742,040 times
Well, you still didn't reply to what's your highest degree... Is it only H.S.? If your dumb and can't handle school and classes you just have to settle with no college degree, as college won't make you smart. You'll just have to get by with whatever a H.S. degree will get you. My H.S. buddies never went to college and yet they have kids or a house and I don't even have that and I got a top notch Mech Eng degree.

And if you can't even do well in school then college would just be a student loan debt trap that would hurt you.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendhanbb View Post
i failed badly at school. yes the highest i have is high school right now. and yeah i mean i need a job at mcdonalds or walmart or something like that but i feel like when i do apply they already have enough people working there. like i said i have not tired calling them back which may be the mistake i am doing but what happens when all they do is say no. i really have no exprence do anything and i really need a job a teenager can do thats the best i can hope for right now.
You graduated high school 6 years ago, right? What have you been doing since then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment