Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 PM

57 posts, read 79,538 times

Advertisements

Those idiots in the employment office are costing the company money - money they could pay you, not to mention, money that those that consume their products pay for! Can't they get on the phone and contact the previous employers themselves? That's what they used to do when it was called, btw, an employment office (and had one fifth the number of people working in it).

I've heard of this junk about wanting to look up people's credit info...that alone is a crock. This is even more crazy. Tell 'em no, and be prepared to walk.

I can't believe what baloney people are putting up with these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 03:03 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,346,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
NO real way to verify that information? Really? The way the information is verified is by picking up the phone and asking your past employers, and that is part of just about every background check.
And just about all employers will verify this information.
again not at all true....lol

nice fear mongering try shady mc recruiterson

unless you are perhaps in your 20's and actually believe the things you see on tv or hear about on the internet, like the government actually having all kinds of buttons they can push to instantly bring up your past history.

sorry, I have been trying to setup a payment plan with the IRS for two years and even sent them a voided check and they still can't figure it out do you honestly think the IRS is sharing information with other parties when they can't even figure out their own systems and record keeping.

right!

all previous employers will do is say if you worked there or not.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:18 PM

10 Things to Know About Background Checks

I think this is pretty accurate -- except for education. No college is going to verify attendance but especially not transcripts without the written request from the former student. I have a hard time getting my own transcripts, a random company would have less luck than I do, the student. You will know if they are verifying your education because you will have to provide the transcripts (or the request and have them sent to the employer).

I don't mind sending transcripts, but rarley apply for jobs that ask for them as they are usually government and have 10 pages of requirements, essays, etc. and they have already hired someone from within, but I'm not against providing school transcripts at all, but its false to suggest they are easily obtained without express involvement from the former student.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:21 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,674,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
again not at all true....lol

nice fear mongering try shady mc recruiterson

unless you are perhaps in your 20's and actually believe the things you see on tv or hear about on the internet, like the government actually having all kinds of buttons they can push to instantly bring up your past history.

sorry, I have been trying to setup a payment plan with the IRS for two years and even sent them a voided check and they still can't figure it out do you honestly think the IRS is sharing information with other parties when they can't even figure out their own systems and record keeping.

right!

all previous employers will do is say if you worked there or not.
Get a clue(and this printed in the employee manual at my company which says "the only information we will give out about your employment is your salary, and dates of employment" and it's same with almost any company in America. This is how the information is verified. It's called a telephone.
If you were more than 16 and had a real job you would know this. I can't speak to your inability to do simple taxes like pay your taxes so I can't speak to that.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:24 PM

very few will give out your compensation. In fact most companies are protecting themselves by keeping that private. They don't want their competitors to know what they are paying their employees or their benefit packages. Unless the person has a serious desire to go off the grid and hurt the candidate with bad information, its unlikely human resources is giving out salary information willy nilly, its not in their best interests to do so, why the heck do they care how it affects a former employee with their new employer? they don't unless its personal, and even then they are unlikely to violate any confidentiality laws within their company even if motivated by deep hatred.

Old 03-08-2014, 03:37 PM

Can HR Verify Salary? | eHow

Old 03-08-2014, 03:39 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
Quote:
very few will give out your compensation. In fact most companies are protecting themselves by keeping that private. They don't want their competitors to know what they are paying their employees or their benefit packages. Unless the person has a serious desire to go off the grid and hurt the candidate with bad information, its unlikely human resources is giving out salary information willy nilly, its not in their best interests to do so, why the heck do they care how it affects a former employee with their new employer? they don't unless its personal, and even then they are unlikely to violate any confidentiality laws within their company even if motivated by deep hatred.
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Companies can and do verify salary information. As I stated a couple of days ago, when you sign the release that is contained in just about every job application in America, you are authorizing the release of that information.

Companies are not keeping compensation private, and there is no legal requirement for them to do so. More and more companies actually report your payroll details, right down to your periodic pay stub details, to services like TheWorkNumber.

What "confidentiality laws" are you talking about???

Old 03-08-2014, 03:40 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
Quote:
EHow??? That's your source??

Old 03-08-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Companies can and do verify salary information. As I stated a couple of days ago, when you sign the release that is contained in just about every job application in America, you are authorizing the release of that information.

Companies are not keeping compensation private, and there is no legal requirement for them to do so. More and more companies actually report your payroll details, right down to your periodic pay stub details, to services like TheWorkNumber.

What "confidentiality laws" are you talking about???
wow you are really working hard here. I'm done with you...good luck convincing everyone here to be frightened into handing over their w-2's for the past 10 years.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Did you ask if they would accept old job offer letters with listed salary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment