Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
I know my posts were long so you probably missed some parts of it. I didn't refuse to make the sacrifice. The military was my plan B. My plan A worked out so I didn't need to enlist. If it hadn't I would have joined.
Not trying to start world war three but as I previously mentioned the somewhat condescending tone in your long posts, it can be taken that way that you didn't want to the military, hated that being an option but still would use it as one if need be. Some can see it as a pot calling the kettle black situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 04:26 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,580 times
This topic is related to the one I started some time ago.

What's your life's goal regarding to work?

Some people on that thread admitted that their dream is to be able to do nothing. So, apparently, some people really do want to do absolutely nothing with their lives.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:10 PM

348 posts, read 847,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallahoohoo View Post
I see a lot of old people at work with an attitude that they'll just collect that paycheck until retirement then rely on social security after because there is nothing else going on for them short term career wise. It goes both ways.
Yes I have seen older people (near retirement age) in the office that would complain and gripe about everything and everybody under the sun. They would bad mouth people all the time and find something wrong with the company, the work, the receptionist, the customers, the copiers, the clerk down the hall. They have a smart mouth on them and be as two-faced and back-biting as all get go. Miserable, hard to work with......sometimes you just know when it's time for someone to......MOVE ON!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:35 PM

7,927 posts, read 7,823,402 times
On overtime...working off clock is wrong. If you get injured for any reason it will seriously screw up any workers compensation. Insurance policies are generally written to cover employees on the clock...not off clock.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:58 PM

28,680 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
On overtime...working off clock is wrong. If you get injured for any reason it will seriously screw up any workers compensation. Insurance policies are generally written to cover employees on the clock...not off clock.
In my case, working off the clock was sitting at home on the company laptop VPNed and doing server maintenance on Microsoft Tuesday nights.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:22 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,968,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Not trying to start world war three but as I previously mentioned the somewhat condescending tone in your long posts, it can be taken that way that you didn't want to the military, hated that being an option but still would use it as one if need be. Some can see it as a pot calling the kettle black situation.
Wasn't that exactly what I was saying in the first place? I didn't want to be in the military, hence it was my plan B. But as I stated before if someone wants to get ahead and act like an adult about it; they may have to do things they don't want to do. That's how you get ahead in life. It doesn't help to sit and complain about how the world is completely against you when your sitting at home doing nothing to fix it. If my plan A hadn't worked, I would have sucked it up and joined the military and done a damn good job in there because that's what it would have taken for me to get ahead.

I don't know if you noticed but none of my posts or threads I start are regarding any complaints I have about anything in my life. Because complaining doesn't get you anywhere in life. Doing something about it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment