Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2018, 11:28 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I agree with you about the menus. I am not sure they even offer this anymore but last year they had this "burger" you could order. So I pointed to the menu and said I'll have one of those. She's like one of what? What bun? What meat? Apparently you just order the burger then order every single thing on it separately including the meat.
That is the artisan burger/chicken. You can get it one of two ways (toppings) and then at one point you could chose the bun but when I went Saturday I don't remember a specific bun option. Might be secret menu now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 11:57 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,907,803 times
Wow, alot of "CONTROVERSY" about McDonalds! lol
As for me and my family, it is what it is. We like the convenience. We like stopping in when we're on the road (when we need a meal NOW). The food is okay........we don't expect gourmet. The prices are fair. Our kids like the toys.
What else is there to say??
lol

Old 06-11-2018, 01:11 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I will not order food from a kiosk.

I prefer using their App and wait at the curb for them to deliver. my daughter loves their App. we just sit at the car and wait.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:03 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Are you comparing like to like? The standard Wendy's burger is more analogous to a Quarter Pounder than a regular McDonald's burger.
No it isn't. The wendys jr burger is slightly bigger than the Mcdonalds small burger...I think 1/8th of a pound vs 1/10th or something.

Mcdonalds quarter pounder is the same as Wendy's single or a whopper..a quarter pound.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:07 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
I hadn't eaten at a McDonalds in years - decades actually - until a couple of years ago when I moved to a place where the nearest grocery is miles and miles away. So exactly THREE times in the last 2 years I have stopped at McDonalds.

The first time I just got a regular cheeseburger and specified "Pickles and onions only".

When I got it home it had mustard all over it. OMG how disgusting mustard is! (To my tastebuds, I know tons of people love mustard but it tastes like sour and that's all to me)

So I couldn't actually taste the burger itself while I gagged it down.

Second time I got a Quarter Pounder with cheese, which is apparently the only way you can get them any more. I live about 1.5 miles from the McDs and it was stone cold by the time I got home with it. STONE cold, could not possibly have been even lukewarm when I picked it up. So I figured it tasted bad because it was cold.

Last time, I got a Quarter Pounder and it was still warm (not hot) 5 minutes later when I opened it up at home.

Still tasted super nasty. I will not be giving them another shot.

I don't know what they are putting in their so-called "hamburgers" these days, but it doesn't taste like anything that ought to be considered fit for human consumption. As I understand it, "pink slime" has been banned for human consumption, but whatever they are making those "burgers" out of, it must be as near to pink slime as they can legally skate.

McDs is losing money because they are pushing a vastly inferior product. Not because they have too many employees or are paying them "too much".

they just started using fresh beef, and to my knowledge, they don't use "pink slime". I just had two quarter pounders with cheese (had a buy one get one free coupon only reason I went) and they were hot and tasted decent. They are more heavily seasoned now then they used to be..some might think too salty, I don't.

the levels of hyperbole against McDonalds because it's the cool thing to do are astounding. Drive through food is junk, period

Old 06-11-2018, 02:25 PM

346 posts, read 551,110 times
He/she is mixing the "pink slime" with the chicken nuggets.

Fast food is junk food but is also convenient food. Not sure why some of you expect anything different. Whenever i go to a fast food place, I just want it fast and correct so that I can be on my way. If a kiosk ordering system or the App is going to get me what I want then so be it.

Not sure how and why this spun out to 12 pages of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
they just started using fresh beef, and to my knowledge, they don't use "pink slime". I just had two quarter pounders with cheese (had a buy one get one free coupon only reason I went) and they were hot and tasted decent. They are more heavily seasoned now then they used to be..some might think too salty, I don't.

the levels of hyperbole against McDonalds because it's the cool thing to do are astounding. Drive through food is junk, period

Old 06-11-2018, 04:36 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,347,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Here are your steps to success McDonald's. I'll be waiting for my check:

1. Improve the quality of the food. They have been increasingly taking shortcuts and using fillers or whatnot and the food just sucks now.

2. Cut back on your menu. Go back to what made you; burgers, fries, soft drinks, shakes.

Definitely this. I am old enough to remember McDonald's cutting their French fries fresh at the store (you could look through the window and watch them cut them). In-n-Out still does this.

They seem to realize that competitors who make fresher food are kicking their tails (hence the new Quarter Pounder with patties that are not frozen). Frankly, I didn't notice a huge difference in taste. It doesn't have the odd aftertaste that I get from Jack In the Box food, but it is strangely bland.

As far as the menu goes, they need to stop trying to be everything to all people. The more complex that the menu is, the longer it takes to fill orders and the harder it is for employees to learn.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:07 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Zero of these layoffs are coming from kiosks. They are corporate jobs, not retail jobs.

for now

Old 06-11-2018, 06:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
for now
A new Wendy's opened up with the kiosks installed. I've seen more people actually order from the cash registers than the kiosks. I use then unless I'm getting a frosty from m keychain, I'll use the kiosk because of the ability to see what is in a burger or not. This is the main reason I'm for kiosks as an option.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
I was talking about Big Mack and Quarter Pounder. The other burgers at the other restaurants seem more filling and bigger to me than those sandwiches.

Even though I am a senior citizen now, I retain my 20-something appetite. Yum!
McDonald's portions are huge compared to Jack in the Box. I bought a chicken sandwich there, it cost almost $4, when I got home I looked at the thing and thought ..dang that sure is a small piece of chicken so I weighed it - 1.8 ounces, hell the lettuce they piled in the thing weighed more than that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment