Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather vacation?
Madrid 43 50.59%
Milan 9 10.59%
Toronto 9 10.59%
Sydney 24 28.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 06:46 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,921,206 times

Advertisements

BCN, Madrid and Rome lol... You smoking the same stuff as Usuariadildo - QC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 07:14 PM

570 posts, read 512,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Actually Chicago is solidly my second favourite city in the U.S behind NYC. It is big, bold and just has a lot of character and wonderful attributes. It is a solid city no doubt. However, It really doesn't stir the soul like say London, Paris, Bangkok, Tokyo, NYC and many others if you think about it. I say the same for Toronto - it is a great city to visit if you like a diverse breadth of urbanity but it isn't going to draw people like those cities either. Sydney does a better job than Toronto of doing that though in terms of urbanity, I wouldn't say Sydney trumps Toronto - I just think it is more atmospheric and has the beach thing going on but on the streets and raw urbanity - I don't think Sydney bests T.O. T.O is probably more gritty..

I dunno - does Sydney have bombed out graffiti alley's like this? Asking anyone really.

In this regard maybe Toronto is more like Melbourne!?

I've agreed with you in the past as well - that Australia in general has done better in marketing itself to the world. It is simply seen as a more exotic destination even though imo Canada is a more beautiful nation.
Are you for real? Do you think that is just a Toronto thing? Even Montreal has better street art than Toronto.

And this is in Sydney, not Melbourne

https://www.google.com.au/search?biw....0.rnC-13_IDuo

https://www.google.com.au/search?biw....0.1fO1Xd9yFdo

Old 05-31-2018, 07:30 PM

518 posts, read 399,686 times
Quote:
BCN, Madrid and Rome lol... You smoking the same stuff as Usuariadildo - QC?

I did not even mention Madrid
BCN = bostoncoolkidfashion?

Old 05-31-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuariodeldia View Post
Are you for real? Do you think that is just a Toronto thing? Even Montreal has better street art than Toronto.

And this is in Sydney, not Melbourne

https://www.google.com.au/search?biw....0.rnC-13_IDuo

https://www.google.com.au/search?biw....0.1fO1Xd9yFdo
Take a valium baby.. I didn't know so thanks for sharing. I didn't say bombed out graffiti was a Toronto thing - I just didnt' know Sydney had it - I thought Sydney was more sterile and banal and I thought that was more a Melbourne thing. I like the street art in both T.O and Montreal actually. I don't want to pick a side between those two cities - I love em both.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecOpec View Post
I did not even mention Madrid
BCN = bostoncoolkidfashion?
I don't know what i'm gonna do with you man.. Whatever, it is what it is and you are who you are and umm yeah who you are lol. I love my peeps or peeps who are multiple peeps all the same at the end of the day hahaha. Anyway no you didn't mention Madrid and you should - as much as I love BCN - Madrid is just on another level in so many ways.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I think the COL in Sydney and Toronto are essentially the same. Toronto is cheaper so that offsets lower salaries. I don't think this has much of an impact on the QOL in either city. You say 'worse' public transportation but you do realize Toronto is more than its subway lines - there is regional heavy rail, streetcars, busses etc. There is also a lot of transit construction going on right now actually - possibly the largest transit build in N.A and a full third TTC line is being constructed as we speak with Eglinton Crosstown.

Your hate on for Toronto is just shining here
Toronto isn’t not that really cheaper, they both have expensive housing. Prices in Canada are deceiving, Add taxes and tips and you are paying more for some stuff that over there. The minimum wage in Toronto is $14, while in Australia will be $18.93 from next month, and it’s the same for professional’s salaries, there’s a big gap. The streetcars are so slow and some of them are useless to use for disabled people. I don’t hate Toronto at all, I am just stating facts sweetheart. Its very overrated for what it is.

Last edited by usuariodeldia; 05-31-2018 at 08:34 PM..

Old 05-31-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Wait so because I haven't been to Sydney I have to acquiesce that the Opera House is a more impressive landmark than the CN Tower lol.. You smoking something good down there hun.. As I said, the CN Tower is 553 m tall and is an imposing structure. I'll take it and yes, it absolutely is a landmark for the city.

Most often there are cool things going on. It is first and foremost a meeting place for community events and concerts and there is nothing wrong with that. You clearly just got a grudge against the city. It is pretty evident to me. I mean complaining about paper tickets - really.. Just lame. As for MHA's on the streets in DT Toronto - a bit of a problem but they are mostly harmless. The homeless problem in Toronto is much less pronounced than many American cities - try going to S.F - it is much more pronounced there. Part of the reason is Toronto receives a lot more migration than other CAD cities so you get the winners and the losers unfortunately.

If you feel scared in Toronto you're a wimp - point blank!

P.S your wimpy tourist tower is NOT on the same level as the CN Tower. Even the Needle d Space needle is more attractive and imposing than that shorty ugly thing. Its almost as ugly as the opera house - but not quite. The CN Tower isn't pretty but she Is tall and imposing so she gets her did. At least she ain't pretendin to be some grand elegant structure like that fugly Opera House. The sails are ok but the base is just a grotesque slab.. They should have hid that thing behind the rather Sparse Sydney skyline.

P.S X2 - I would definitely visit the Sydney that City dude is presenting. Not the 'typical' reasons you are showing. He is a much better Ambassador for Sydney than you are. I hope you don't work for Sydney tourism board.
Yeah, you haven't been to the Opera house so you can’t say that a stupid tower is more impressive. I mentioned the paper tickets thing because the whole subway system is lame and old-school fashioned.

I never said I felt scared in Toronto at all, it’s one of the safest cities in the world, well, except that someone could run over you, but I was clearly referring to Madrid and Milan

Lol don’t come here darling! Stay in your ugly frozen city with a sea of highrises and a stupid tower as a point of reference and Torontians should be thankful towards the Quebecers who wanted independency and Toronto became what it is from the 70’s, otherwise Montreal would be today Canada’s largest city.

Last edited by usuariodeldia; 05-31-2018 at 08:38 PM..

Old 05-31-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Toronto isn’t not that really cheaper, they both have expensive housing. Prices in Canada are deceiving, Add taxes and tips and you are paying more for some stuff that over there. The minimum wage in Toronto is $14, while in Australia will be $18 from next month, and it’s the same for professional’s salaries, there’s a big gap. The streetcars are so slow and some of them are useless to use for disabled people. I don’t hate Toronto at all, I am just stating facts sweetheart. Its very overrated for what it is.
I don't think there is anything about either cities that equates to a higher QOL.. Now if weather is a big thing for you than yes - Toronto is not pleasant a good part of the year. I simply can't say otherwise. As for Streetcars - its an evolving situation. Some of the lines are slow for sure but there are lines with dedicated ROW and they are expanding. Lots of stuff going on in the transit world in T.O and the GTA - its not perfect by any stretch but is improving and evolving. As for T.O being overrated for 'what it is' - whatever that means - hey I've said that some cities are overrated. S.F imo is overrated. Chicago imo is a far more interesting destination and city in general but S.F gets way more international visitors - it is what it is. From what I see of Sydney - I think my sentiment would be similar to what you say of Toronto tbh.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you haven't been to the Opera house so you can’t say that a stupid tower is more impressive. I mentioned the paper tickets thing because the whole subway system is lame and old-school fashioned..
The new subway cars built by Bombardier on line 1 are actually quite nice and modern. Line 2 they need the new one's for sure but they get the job done. My biggest gripes about the Toronto subway system is it isn't extensive enough for a city and metro as large and dense as Toronto. A recent extension and the construction of the Crosstown means its improving. There are also projects with Streetcars they are doing like on King Street which reduce vehicular traffic during rush hours and these are good initiatives. Regional heavy rail is improving and also new LRT lines are either being constructed or in the works so lots going on in the transit world of Toronto and GTA. I saw these big ugly grey trains in a video of Sydney.. Honey - don't throw stones if you live in a glass house and don't blow too much when you live in an ugly concrete slab with sails on it..

Metrolinx - Home Page

Quote:
I never said I felt scared in Toronto at all, it’s one of the safest cities in the world, well, except that someone could run over you, but I was clearly referring to Madrid and Milan .
Keep smacking yourself - might correct some issues lol.. Sorry with all your T.Dot rolodex of hate dramalia I must have missed this. How ever shall I be forgiven for such a trespass

Quote:
Lol don’t come here darling! Stay in your ugly frozen city with a sea of highrises and a stupid tower as point of reference and Torontians should be thankful towards the Quebecers who wanted independency and Toronto became what it is from the 70’s, otherwise Montreal would be today Canadian’s largest city.
Omg why is someone from Australia so over the top about QC and Montreal vs Toronto English Canada drama - man this is a total recurring theme in all parts of this forum lol. Some of the things you are sayin... Well - some of the CAD posters would think i'm further losing my mind if they read this OR maybe just maybe the opposite lol.. Anyway my 'OZ' friend - Toronto is the largest city in Canada and the majority of Canada is like "your" country English.. We are fine with our QC friends and countrymen. As much as some Quebecoise would like to distance themselves from their anglo brothers- the truth is we have an strong shared history. I love QC and Montreal and you won't reel me into some sort of childish Montreal or QC vs Toronto or English Canada thing so finally give it up babe. Toronto isn't really thinking too much about Montreal other than the occasional weekend trip. It is what it is..

Old 05-31-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
The new subway cars built by Bombardier on line 1 are actually quite nice and modern. Line 2 they need the new one's for sure but they get the job done. My biggest gripes about the Toronto subway system is it isn't extensive enough for a city and metro as large and dense as Toronto. A recent extension and the construction of the Crosstown means its improving. There are also projects with Streetcars they are doing like on King Street which reduce vehicular traffic during rush hours and these are good initiatives. Regional heavy rail is improving and also new LRT lines are either being constructed or in the works so lots going on in the transit world of Toronto and GTA. I saw these big ugly grey trains in a video of Sydney.. Honey - don't throw stones if you live in a glass house and don't blow too much when you live in an ugly concrete slab with sails on it..

Metrolinx - Home Page

Keep smacking yourself - might correct some issues lol.. Sorry with all your T.Dot rolodex of hate dramalia I must have missed this. How ever shall I be forgiven for such a trespass

Omg why is someone from Australia so over the top about QC and Montreal vs Toronto English Canada drama - man this is a total recurring theme in all parts of this forum lol. Some of the things you are sayin... Well - some of the CAD posters would think i'm further losing my mind if they read this OR maybe just maybe the opposite lol.. Anyway my 'OZ' friend - Toronto is the largest city in Canada and the majority of Canada is like "your" country English.. We are fine with our QC friends and countrymen. As much as some Quebecoise would like to distance themselves from their anglo brothers- the truth is we have an strong shared history. I love QC and Montreal and you won't reel me into some sort of childish Montreal or QC vs Toronto or English Canada thing so finally give it up babe. Toronto isn't really thinking too much about Montreal other than the occasional weekend trip. It is what it is..
Thanks for making a big deal - This thread is nothing about Montreal vs Toronto, I just said that Toronto became what it is thanks to Montreal’s decline. And saying that SF is overrated shows that you know nothing about cities. What’s next?? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World