Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 01:41 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
It has nothing to do with what Americans or I believe, rather what scientific proof is showing, The Anglo-Saxons made the second greatest genetic impact in the genome/genetic make-up of (White) Britons, so I wouldn't say there were just "one group of the hundreds". Let's cut the nonsense and tell it like it is. Other groups such as Romans, Normans made very little or insignificant impact genetically.

A simplified map made according to the genetical study of Britons by the POBI IN 2015, shows how strong the influence of the Anglo-Saxons on the genetical make-up of the Britons is!

Again I suggest you actually come to the UK and walk the streets of London or Bradford or Liverpool or Bristol or even my town Crawley, if you think the British populace walking around on the streets are all some kind of 'Anglo Saxons' then trust me you would be in for a BIG surprise!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 AM

37 posts, read 42,121 times
Stereotypes. The American media loves to show the US as if it was a white European country. (Post-Colonial inferiority complex mixed with racism perhaps).

You watch movies about LA and everyone is white.... yet white people in LA are less than 50% of the population.

That is why so many Europeans think America is white, because they see the Hollywood America, when they go to the US and realize that European descendants are not a substantial majority and that a very large chunk of the America people is not European in origin, they get over the stereotype!

Old 12-15-2016, 08:56 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuck View Post
Stereotypes. The American media loves to show the US as if it was a white European country. (Post-Colonial inferiority complex mixed with racism perhaps).

You watch movies about LA and everyone is white.... yet white people in LA are less than 50% of the population.

That is why so many Europeans think America is white, because they see the Hollywood America, when they go to the US and realize that European descendants are not a substantial majority and that a very large chunk of the America people is not European in origin, they get over the stereotype!

The majority of Americans are Whites or people of the European race. Though originally the indigenous people of the US and the rest of the America were not of the White race. The advent of Whites to the Americas with the colonization period. America is mainly dominated by Whites.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:45 AM

117 posts, read 155,246 times
Quote:
The majority of Americans are Whites or people of the European race. Though originally the indigenous people of the US and the rest of the America were not of the White race. The advent of Whites to the Americas with the colonization period. America is mainly dominated by Whites.
I don't think that was the point he was trying get across. What he means is though whites are the majority in the country, other races aren't as well-represented in media in relation to their population size. The US population is 62% white, yet a vast majority of Hollywood is white along with other forms of media(sports-broadcast, ads/commercials, etc.). I'm not one to complain and this isn't a necessarily a horrible thing but, this is a fact and to state otherwise is an utter lie.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCo View Post
I don't think that was the point he was trying get across. What he means is though whites are the majority in the country, other races aren't as well-represented in media in relation to their population size. The US population is 62% white, yet a vast majority of Hollywood is white along with other forms of media(sports-broadcast, ads/commercials, etc.). I'm not one to complain and this isn't a necessarily a horrible thing but, this is a fact and to state otherwise is an utter lie.
Other races are represented according to their size. For example African-Americans make-up only 12-13% of the U.S., while Whites ( including Hispanic Whites) make up about 3/4 of our country's population. The majority of Hollywood is White, because the country has a White majority and furthermore most of the country's wealth are in the hands of Whites. It is still a dominated White country, see. Nevertheless, we have now sports such football, basketball, etc... where the majority aren't White by far. Hollywood is not only about Los Angeles, get it? Yes there is a higher concentration of non-White people in very urban or metropolitan areas like in L.A., NY, Chicago, etc... which might give the impression that there is greater proportion of them, no there isn't. Though with time, there has been an increase of minorities, this trend will become even more common and the control by Whites is not as strong as it was let's say thirty years ago. Thus America is a White majority country, but though not as White as European countries who have higher percentages of Whites. However, America was like that fifty years ago Whites made up made up some 80% of the population. In facts according to the U.S. census in 1960, 85% of the population was White and this obviously dropped now, but this shows you how the country was dominated, so Hollywood was given birth in a very White country and thus portrayed a "White people's perspective", though there has been progress ever since.

Old 12-16-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Again I suggest you actually come to the UK and walk the streets of London or Bradford or Liverpool or Bristol or even my town Crawley, if you think the British populace walking around on the streets are all some kind of 'Anglo Saxons' then trust me you would be in for a BIG surprise!!
There are always large immigrant populations in urban centers all over the world not only in the U.K. Go to Frankfurt ( Germany), Paris ( France), Amsterdam ( The Netherlands). You are trying to make like Anglo-Saxons are this "weird" thing. Most White Brits who are have their origins in southern, central and eastern England have Anglo-Saxon genes by varying frequencies, there is nothing special about it! You most likely do too. This is why according to the POBI, that part of Britain is the most genetically homogenous. While Celtic fringe areas are not homogenous. No one said that in London or wherever you're from that everybody was an Anglo-Saxon, obviously you have immigrant populations.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:40 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
There are always large immigrant populations in urban centers all over the world not only in the U.K. Go to Frankfurt ( Germany), Paris ( France), Amsterdam ( The Netherlands). You are trying to make like Anglo-Saxons are this "weird" thing. Most White Brits who are have their origins in southern, central and eastern England have Anglo-Saxon genes by varying frequencies, there is nothing special about it! You most likely do too. This is why according to the POBI, that part of Britain is the most genetically homogenous. While Celtic fringe areas are not homogenous. No one said that in London or wherever you're from that everybody was an Anglo-Saxon, obviously you have immigrant populations.
So you are prepared to admit that Germany, France and the Netherlands are countries full of diversity but not the UK!!!! Or is it just your usual argument - Britain is a country of Anglo Saxons.................as long as you don't count the part of the population that isn't!!!!! I mean really!!? Come and visit sometime - be prepared to be surprised!

Old 01-10-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
So you are prepared to admit that Germany, France and the Netherlands are countries full of diversity but not the UK!!!! Or is it just your usual argument - Britain is a country of Anglo Saxons.................as long as you don't count the part of the population that isn't!!!!! I mean really!!? Come and visit sometime - be prepared to be surprised!
There are immigrant populations in most Western European countries including the United Kingdom. I never denied that fact. The thing is, you don't get the point!

Old 01-10-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Most (White) British do look either Anglo-Saxon or Keltic depending from what region most of their ancestry is from, though others may look like any other European. There is a wide spectrum within the Anglo-Saxon and Keltic looks too.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:33 PM

The similarity of (White) Britons to other European population varies as well
Recent study of the British population by AncestryDNA shows that the average U.K. resident is :
- 36.94% Anglo-Saxon
- 21.59% Celtic
- 19.91% Western European (France/Germany)
- 9.20% Scandinavian
- 3.05% Iberian (Spain/Portugal)
- 1.98% Italian/Greece
Thus by this we clearly see that British are predominantly a North-Western European people. This is so simply by geographical proximity. Nations or lands which were closest to the Britain have contributed more to the genetic make-up of what the British look like. Similarities decreases gradually as one goes further away especially southwards or eastwards. Yorkshire at 41.17% is the most Anglo-Saxon region of the United Kingdom. The English as a whole have a higher Scandinavian genetic input than Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish, this is why as a whole they also have a higher frequency of blondism.

Last edited by saxonwold; 01-10-2017 at 06:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World