Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 08:09 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You raise some good points and we are just speculating here, but if there was good evidence that Nijjar was planning something big and Indian intelligence/government agents were aware and they couldn't share this with CSIS, I find that hard to believe. CSIS was actually in contact with Nijjar so if they knew he was a very bad actor planning somethin big why didn't they do anything? The Air India bombing is an example - but that was long ago. It is hard to believe Canadian intelligence would be that innefective. Especially considering how close they are with the U.S, Australian, UK and NZ intelligence agencies. The U.S actually had the alleged intelligence of Indian involvement and shared with CSIS - so the U.S intelligence apparatus was aware of Indian involvement but not aware Nijjar was planning a major terrorist event

You could be right - neither of us know or perhaps - India is becoming more emboldened in its offshore endeavors. If they did however, I don't think they'll do it again with a western country but who knows.
There must be a reason why India did not share this intelligence with CSIS. My theory is that Nijjar was planning an attack on Indian soil and not against Indians in Canada. If it was the latter, you bet CSIS would have hauled his rear. But for planning attacks on other countries by Canadian citizens, Canada might require higher levels of proof for him to be detained. Personal rights and innocent until proved otherwise and all that. By the time they realize it, lives would be lost in India and does Canada really care about it. Even the Air India bombing which originated on Canadian soil was labelled as foreign terrorist attack for years and only recently changed to Canadian terrorist attack. And the majority of those killed were Canadian citizens or immigrants.

I am perplexed why hundreds of thousands of Sikhs who have emigrated to Canada and become Canadian citizens are still fixated on a new country of Khalistan. Even if one is formed, they are not going to stop living in Canada and move to that country. Except for a tiny minority, the rest of Sikhs in India want to be a part of India and move about freely in India and not form a separate country. Why can't the newly minted Canadian Sikh citizens be more attuned and work towards the betterment of Canada than having this fixation on Khalistan, I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2023, 05:47 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
There must be a reason why India did not share this intelligence with CSIS. My theory is that Nijjar was planning an attack on Indian soil and not against Indians in Canada. If it was the latter, you bet CSIS would have hauled his rear. But for planning attacks on other countries by Canadian citizens, Canada might require higher levels of proof for him to be detained. Personal rights and innocent until proved otherwise and all that. By the time they realize it, lives would be lost in India and does Canada really care about it. Even the Air India bombing which originated on Canadian soil was labelled as foreign terrorist attack for years and only recently changed to Canadian terrorist attack. And the majority of those killed were Canadian citizens or immigrants.

I am perplexed why hundreds of thousands of Sikhs who have emigrated to Canada and become Canadian citizens are still fixated on a new country of Khalistan. Even if one is formed, they are not going to stop living in Canada and move to that country. Except for a tiny minority, the rest of Sikhs in India want to be a part of India and move about freely in India and not form a separate country. Why can't the newly minted Canadian Sikh citizens be more attuned and work towards the betterment of Canada than having this fixation on Khalistan, I don't know.
Well it is all speculation but even if Nijjar was planning something to happen in India - they shouldn't have had a hand in his execution in Canada. I don't know if they did, but I suspect they did. I'm not sure how they define terrorist either. If a person is pro-khalistani state that alone is not terrorist. We have separatists in Canads. A separatist advocate is not a terrorist. A separatist activist that incites violence - well that is so what Nijjar was I do not know.

As I said though, if the Indians knew he was up to no good with the intent of inciting violence in India - they should have dealt with it diplomatically. If they did have a hand in his execution, than that is a problem for obvious reasons. We'll see how this plays out.

Old 10-17-2023, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Well it is all speculation but even if Nijjar was planning something to happen in India - they shouldn't have had a hand in his execution in Canada. I don't know if they did, but I suspect they did. I'm not sure how they define terrorist either. If a person is pro-khalistani state that alone is not terrorist. We have separatists in Canads. A separatist advocate is not a terrorist. A separatist activist that incites violence - well that is so what Nijjar was I do not know.

As I said though, if the Indians knew he was up to no good with the intent of inciting violence in India - they should have dealt with it diplomatically. If they did have a hand in his execution, than that is a problem for obvious reasons. We'll see how this plays out.
There must be a major reason for India to execute this small time plumber. India has seen many separatists in India and also knows big time pro Khalistani donors in US and Canada. They really don't care about those people in spite of their money flowing through back channels into India. Nijjar is nowhere near that level of prominence and wealth. I suspect that he was planning to either carry out a terrorist activity or convene a group to carry out a violent attack. But something that Canada would not take seriously because it did not happen and might think it is conjecture.

India might have been behaving like Tom Cruise in Minority report.

Old 10-19-2023, 02:17 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,465,497 times
Trudeau picked the wrong side. He's licking that pie thrown on his face right now, as are all left-leaning Canadians. Have fun with all of those religious separatists, Canada! Because you're eating it right now!

Last edited by TylerJAX; 10-19-2023 at 02:42 PM..

Old 10-20-2023, 05:44 AM

NYT has even coined a new phrase for Trudeau's approach to this whole fiasco - The Trudeau Problem

Quote:
But he offered no evidence that outsiders could evaluate on their own — no photographs, no video, no financial transactions, no narrative of the events leading up to the shooting.

Quote:
The aftermath of the Gaza explosion has been different in some important ways. Intelligence agencies released information much more quickly than usual, hoping to avoid what you might call the Trudeau problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World