Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 03:49 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,004,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
Well, I couldn't figure out what this person was trying to say in the Florida forum. I'll let her speak for herself. This might be a case of Typing Under the Influence.

Looking for moving fits week of June for pen sacola area,I prefer living close from century my husband win working in the correctional jail,looking for small home,nice area with good high school,16 years girl,what is the best area close for living ,I am social,so I do t wat to living so fr the city,thanks a lot I love dancing a lot. I working with special need kids,thanks a lot,from california,
Let me try. I think it's probably from a hearing impaired person. I have never worked with them but I heard from other people that some speak like this. I guess if you are born without hearing, language acquisition must be really difficult too. I am not a native English speaker so please excuse my grammar mistakes.

"I'm looking to move the first week of June to the Pensacola area. I prefer living close to Century(a town in the Pensacola area) My husband will be working the correctional jail facility. I am looking for a small home in a nice area with a good high school for a 16 year old girl(I guess her daughter). What is the best area to live close to Century(I'm assuming close to Century where the correctional facility is probably located). I am social so I don't want to live too far from the city(Century again). Thanks a lot I love dancing. I work with special needs kids. Thanks a lot from California.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:55 PM

88,943 posts, read 85,461,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Let me try. I think it's probably from a hearing impaired person. I have never worked with them but I heard from other people that some speak like this. I guess if you are born without hearing, language acquisition must be really difficult too. I am not a native English speaker so please excuse my grammar mistakes.

"I'm looking to move the first week of June to the Pensacola area. I prefer living close to Century(a town in the Pensacola area) My husband will be working the correctional jail facility. I am looking for a small home in a nice area with a good high school for a 16 year old girl(I guess her daughter). What is the best area to live close to Century(I'm assuming close to Century where the correctional facility is probably located). I am social so I don't want to live too far from the city(Century again). Thanks a lot I love dancing. I work with special needs kids. Thanks a lot from California.
No. How does a person's hearing influence whether they can spell or write correctly? I have worked with deaf-from-birth people who produce contracts and related documents for a living.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:33 PM

7,217 posts, read 4,913,838 times
"So they have tired and convinced him. The problem there is this is a political based lynching with trail by public opinion and Disney is only likely interested in the bottom line in its decision really. Likely the next reality show coming to you.in most sates felonies do not have statue of limitations. One has to remember that a director was convinced of rape of a child and ran to Europe and yet he can continue working because he makes money most likely."

Whattttt?????

Old 07-08-2015, 09:50 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,368,587 times
"Frankly this is indefensible. A judge's duty is to execute the law, their personal and even religious beliefs have no baring in the executions of his or her duties."

I doubt that most judges look good nekkid.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:42 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,817,964 times
Some people are chatting on facebook about a guy who commits crimes against animals. One woman claims to have worked at the mental hospital where he spent quite a lot of time. Another woman admonishes her with these words, "HIBA! If your working at the hopsital you have HIBA."

Another woman corrects her by saying, "Hippa isn't anything to do with it."

People really have a hard time with HIPAA, don't they?

Old 07-09-2015, 07:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Some people are chatting on facebook about a guy who commits crimes against animals. One woman claims to have worked at the mental hospital where he spent quite a lot of time. Another woman admonishes her with these words, "HIBA! If your working at the hopsital you have HIBA."

Another woman corrects her by saying, "Hippa isn't anything to do with it."

People really have a hard time with HIPAA, don't they?
Yes - literally and figuratively.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:02 AM

37,295 posts, read 41,544,323 times
Caption from a picture in an article discussing the genetic origins of modern inhabitants of Britain, including a lower percentage than expected of DNA admixture from the Vikings:

The Vikings, pictured above in the hit TV series, had a reputation for pillaging and vicarious sexual appetites, but it seems they did not sire many children during their raids and conquests in the British Isles.

I think we have here the reason the Vikings have fewer descendants than expected!

Old 07-09-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes - literally and figuratively.
I had to wonder what the poster thought, "HIBA" stood for?
Her Information Being Annexed?

At least "Hippa" conjures up an image of a little baby hippo who divulges your private medical information to others. That's cute. The little baby hippa can't help it. It just slips out.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:51 PM

I have to share this "brilliant" comment:

If people think blacks where the first slaves they are wrong, and there was way more Irish slaves then blacks, so why don't we ever here from there point of view.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:01 PM

Help.

What an idiot lol, might as well of gave the woman his ID.

hey!!! i think me and my roommate saw him at target.

Not to bright!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing