Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 02:41 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
I'm with you all the way. Sad thing is though is the government wouldn't see it as self defense and you would spend more time behind bars getting rid of the scumbag than the scumbag would have.

I think they should let the parents, family and friends of a sexual assult victim or muder victim have 15 mins. alone with the perp in a small room. If the perp is still alive when they are done then they go to prison for the rest of their lives, if they are not then there is a burial and that is that.

Problem is, we have way to many laws that protect the perps.
I dont need that much time.
I also wouldn't go to prison since there would be nothing to be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 06:39 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,292 times
In 1993 we lived across the street from a grade school. We could see the children on the playgrounds, getting on and off the buses. We didn't mind any of it. We also had a church on one side of us. On the other side we had a man I kinda thought was "different". He would do things in the front yard like mock cut the bushes and water the dirt as he had no grass, he would water the few plants he had there also. He did this during the day. I never put 2 and 2 together to figure out his actions as he was quiet and stayed to himself.
One morning my wife was washing dishes and happend to look out the side window of our house at some movement in the neighbors front livingroom through his side window. He had the shear curtains pulled in his front window and was naked and (I won't go into detail). Watching the children at recess.
She hollared at me to come see him. We called the police immedeately. They sent a officer over to take a report and said they would watch him, but there was nothing they could do. As he was in his own home. The officer did go over and tell him about the report he had just took from us...Big whoop,right?
But it dit let him know he had been found out.
After a few more incidents out in his back yard and me calling the cops over indecent exposure and such. They finally caught the guy selling/giving drugs to kids. He was on watch from the police dept and they made enough trouble that he left the area.
We traded that guy for a motorcycle head that would work on his bike and rev it up at 2:30 in the morning when he got drunk or high.We finally moved to another town and got shed of him. He also sold drugs to the kids and drunks from the bar behind our house across the alley. But finally got caught..

Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 AM

12 posts, read 34,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea731 View Post
Hi,
We were seriously looking at moving to Cheyenne within the next year, however today I went to National Sex Offender Registry and found out that there is a HUGE amount of registered sex offenders living in the area.

I then did a google search and found out that they passed a few bills last year, so that the pedophiles won't be coming to Wyoming for a safe haven since previously Wyoming had, had the most lenient laws for them.

I wanted to move to Wyoming because I thought it would give me more peace of mind about my kids being safe.

How is everyone in Wyoming dealing with this? Are things starting to change since they passed the bills last year?
there are sex offenders in your home town right now! there is sex offenders every where you go so dont let that keep u from moving. there are sick ppl everywhere! any town any city any state can be dangerous to live but i dont believe you should live in fear the world is dangerous to live in but what makes it so dangerous is the ppl who will not stand up against sick ppl in this world! however if you want your kids to be safe then teach them not to go aruond ppl they dont no all that good better put your kids in a self defense class

Old 10-27-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen08 View Post
there are sex offenders in your home town right now! there is sex offenders every where you go so dont let that keep u from moving. there are sick ppl everywhere! any town any city any state can be dangerous to live but i dont believe you should live in fear the world is dangerous to live in but what makes it so dangerous is the ppl who will not stand up against sick ppl in this world! however if you want your kids to be safe then teach them not to go aruond ppl they dont no all that good better put your kids in a self defense class
Absolutely.
Teach your kids, use common sense. There are freaks everywhere, you cannot avoid them, you must teach your family how to deal with these vermin.
But if you know you have a neighbor who is one of these child molesting scumbags you should make life miserable for them, in a legal way of course. Let your neighbors know who he is, give him dirty looks, make him know he is not welcome. Personally, I would go so far as to tell him that if I ever saw him anywhere near my children that he would cease to exist.
Another option that the liberals will never let you be aware of is the "Restraining order". You can get a restraining order to keep your neighborhood sex offender away from your family. They are cheap, typically good for 5 years and easy to get. Go to your local courthouse and ask. A restraining order will order someone to stay a certain distance from you and your family, 300 feet is not unreasonable to ask for unless the freak lives next door to you. If the freak violates the order then the police must arrest him. Not even the most liberal judge will deny a restraining order. The sex freak must provide a good reason for an order to be denied, living next door is not a reason, it just shortens the distance.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:30 AM

Default get violent with them freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
Absolutely.
Teach your kids, use common sense. There are freaks everywhere, you cannot avoid them, you must teach your family how to deal with these vermin.
But if you know you have a neighbor who is one of these child molesting scumbags you should make life miserable for them, in a legal way of course. Let your neighbors know who he is, give him dirty looks, make him know he is not welcome. Personally, I would go so far as to tell him that if I ever saw him anywhere near my children that he would cease to exist.
Another option that the liberals will never let you be aware of is the "Restraining order". You can get a restraining order to keep your neighborhood sex offender away from your family. They are cheap, typically good for 5 years and easy to get. Go to your local courthouse and ask. A restraining order will order someone to stay a certain distance from you and your family, 300 feet is not unreasonable to ask for unless the freak lives next door to you. If the freak violates the order then the police must arrest him. Not even the most liberal judge will deny a restraining order. The sex freak must provide a good reason for an order to be denied, living next door is not a reason, it just shortens the distance.
very good advice i wish we could put all them kind of ppl on one big island and let them all just screw each other that way the kids will be safer! but i have dealt with this stalker before he was stalking my friend she didnt even no this dude and this dude was always by her house would not get on but me and few my buddys took care of him! i think all neighborhoods should have neighborhood watch! i love my neighborhood i love the ppl aruond here and i will do my best to protect babys even if i have to get violent with them freaks!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 AM

i think everybody should talk about this cuz this is very important to be concerned about safety i think every woman should have pepper spray
i think everybody should have sap gloves! we all have to look out for each other and ourselves!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
i think everybody should talk about this cuz this is very important to be concerned about safety i think every woman should have pepper spray
i think everybody should have sap gloves! we all have to look out for each other and ourselves!
Pepper spray does not work on all people.
There is some type of bear spray that is only available in some states that is better than pepper spray. If anybody knows what I'm talking about please chime in.

Also, women should learn how to kick and practice kicking. A weak kick is far more powerful than a strong punch and women have strong legs and weak arms anyway. TaeKwonDo and Karate are good martial arts for women since they focus on kicking.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
Pepper spray does not work on all people.
There is some type of bear spray that is only available in some states that is better than pepper spray. If anybody knows what I'm talking about please chime in.

Also, women should learn how to kick and practice kicking. A weak kick is far more powerful than a strong punch and women have strong legs and weak arms anyway. TaeKwonDo and Karate are good martial arts for women since they focus on kicking.
i know about this spray they have i dont know the name of it but when they spray you your eyes dry out and your right Pepper spray does not work on all people, i took Isshinryu for 3 years

Old 10-27-2008, 04:55 PM

330 posts, read 1,096,057 times
Quote:
i know about this spray they have i dont know the name of it but when they spray you your eyes dry out and your right Pepper spray does not work on all people, i took Isshinryu for 3 years
Personally I have a CWP and carry a 9mm at all times. Pepper spray my butt....molest my child(ren) and there will be **** to pay!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:16 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,861,546 times
Seriously putting yourself and your children into a self defense class is a good idea. Most sex offenders do not want a scene or want to fight to get what they want. Even if you or your children do not take self defense classes it's still a good idea to scream, kick, hit, bite, scratch and whatever else you can do to draw attention. I was taught in a self defense class to scream FIRE as it will cause more people to look than just screaming for help. Plus by taking a self defense class you learn how to make yourself less of an easy target. Just walking with your head up and with confidence and not meek and fearful makes you less of a target.

I figure a sexual perp will have one heck of a time getting his jollys with me and even if he did manage and he were to kill me, I would have enough DNA on me to convict the SOB. Same goes for my kids, and the perp had better hope the law finds him before I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming