Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:26 AM

13 posts, read 30,197 times

Advertisements

I dont know the lot number, its the first Ballyntyne model on the main road, on the RIGHT side. After going through the design center I do now understand the different levels of faucets to choose from.

We did end up going with Essex Homes and entered into contract this past saturday although not in Kimbrell crossing. We are building in Handsmill near Lake Wylie. We are very happy so far with Steve Sappe and the prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 12:27 PM

3 posts, read 4,384 times
Default Shootout near Kimbrell Crossing

We are thinking of buying a house in the Kimbrell Crossing which is being built by Essex Homes. However we just read about a shootout incident in March 2013 which happened very close to the Kimbrell Crossing community.
Fort Mill, SC Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Fort Mill - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here

We also found a case of assault in January 2013 in the same locality. Is it safe to live there. Would appreciate your comment.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:12 PM

850 posts, read 2,651,415 times
Taken from there website:

Great location! Gated community with generous, wooded homesites in the heart of Fort Mill. Close to schools, shopping and recreation. An impressive list of included features and 4-sides brick awaits you. Heavily wooded cul-de-sac homesites just released. Model coming soon!
--------------
A gated community starting in the $270's? Really??? Not a ton of crime in Fort Mill, but this area seems a little shady when you drive by. I'm sure it will change soon, but if I drive around and see cars on blocks and sofas in the lawn, I pretty much have reservation on if I want to live there...... But that's just me.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:50 PM

396 posts, read 977,232 times
I'm sorry, but there's a reason they made the place gated - so they could charge a ridiculous price in a not so great area. It is way too close to the worst part of Fort Mill. Doesn't anyone remember the gas station owner who got shot and killed across from the Paradise section some years back? Don't kid yourself. Kimbrell is NOT a great location. Sorry to sound harsh. It's not intended. Just tellin' it like it is. You couldn't pay me to live there. My .02.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:31 PM

Default Surrounding area

Would appreciate if some resident of kimbrell crossing community can comment on crime scene in the surrounding area.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:48 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,214,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimcro View Post
Would appreciate if some resident of kimbrell crossing community can comment on crime scene in the surrounding area.
Darn it! I wanted to comment but I am not a resident.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:56 PM

Well if you have something useful to share I would appreciate it.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,091 times
Default Kimbrell Crossing Update

hello - we are considering a purchase in Kimbrell Crossing and just wanted to get some feedback from those who have purchased a home in this community. Are you happy with the location, safety, etc. as this is our biggest concern. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-10-2014, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 859 times
Please make sure that you read your contract closely - DO NOT have the agent at the site summarize it for you. MUST READ IT YOURSELF! Get this one - if you have your own attorney, you have to pay the essex attorney another $500. Why? They are trying to discourage the buyer from having their own attorney. There are many other things. The sales agent said "you cannot change the contract", and yet she wrote "NA" on several items herself! Isn't what is good for one (Essex) also good for the other (Buyer)?

I could go on and on - suffice to say: READ THE CONTRACT YOURSELF, AND TAKE IT TO YOUR OWN ATTORNEY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties