Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 15,483 times

Advertisements

Hi All...
I know this question has been asked in the past but I see a lot more people have moved into the area. Will be out next week to look for a house and just wanted some color on the subdivisions. The positives and perceived drawbacks as well.

Thanks,
BB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 01:23 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
There are so many - perhaps if you listed price range and desired ameneties you could get focused responses.

I live in Whitegrove which is, I gather, "low end" by some of the posts I see --- Houses in the 180's to low 300's off of Doby's Bridge Road in Fort Mill. No pool, HOA dues about $200 a year, we have walking trails, a lot of trees [uncommon in newer subdivisions] and two stocked ponds with catch and release fishing allowed. The HOA does some things for small kids mainly - Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween activities, not much else other than grounds maintenance.

Homes mainly brick fronts, vinyl sides. Quarter acre lots, but many back up to the walking trail, stream or internal or external woods.

One thing you can do is go to google maps now, and do "streeview" - most of this area has been mapped that way so you can "drive" down a street and get a 360 degree view of the scenery.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM

48 posts, read 179,846 times
There was a thread that listed bunches of subdvisions, and I have been reading these posts for some time and they were very helpful. I recommend you mapquest the different subd and visit them, because different people like different things. For example, I chose a subdivision on Gold Hill,that I could afford, because the street is wide and I can get on the hwy without going thru narrow country roads . Other people would rather have a specific floor plan or lot size, or amenities...etc etc.

Last edited by pinkdesert; 06-25-2008 at 02:00 PM..

Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 AM

187 posts, read 549,436 times
I looked at probably 17 subdivisions in FM, and I can't say there were any that I just outright didn't like. There are some that are more out of the way than others, some that are closer to 77/Gold Hill than others, some that are older than others, but you'll have to really work to find a lesser subdivision in FM.

I agree with an earlier poster -- we can probably help you more with some amenities, pricing and other pertinent info. A lot will depend on how close you want to be to Charlotte, public transportation, etc. I've intentionally been quiet about where I chose so I don't look as though I'm steering people.

Best of luck in your search!

Old 06-26-2008, 11:49 AM

6 posts, read 15,483 times
Default subdivisions

Thanks for the input so far - we're looking in the mid 200's and it would be nice to be closer to Charlotte but not required (husband will be working from home.) Nice to hear if there are some communities that do things like the Easter and Halloween events mentioned also if getting in and out of a community is easy. Have a 5yo going into kindergarten so maybe areas with kids? FM schools?

BB

Old 06-26-2008, 12:20 PM

55 posts, read 152,110 times
from what ive read on here, Knightsbridge is REALLY big into Halloween, which makes me believe there are a good bit of children in the neighborhood, just my assumption and .02 cents worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbug View Post
Thanks for the input so far - we're looking in the mid 200's and it would be nice to be closer to Charlotte but not required (husband will be working from home.) Nice to hear if there are some communities that do things like the Easter and Halloween events mentioned also if getting in and out of a community is easy. Have a 5yo going into kindergarten so maybe areas with kids? FM schools?

BB

Old 06-26-2008, 02:13 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,298,430 times
Yes, K'bridge has a lot of kids and is definitely the "go to" neighborhood come Halloween night! They also have an Easter egg hunt and a small Christmas party (complete with Santa). It's a nice subdivision with reasonable prices for the homes. There are quite a few for sale right now and most are in the mid-200s. And the entrance to the subdivision is at a stoplight, so it's easy-peasy getting in and out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties