Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 01:55 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I dont believe that human beings are illegal aliens.
Those in the US illegally will not be able to buy health insurance.

Here in Arizona, Illegals are turned away from ER's with the exception of life threatening illness/injury. The "scraped elbow" will not get treated here.

Illegals are a major problem in my State - and much is being done to try to rectify the situation

Old 03-22-2010, 11:31 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
People deserve health care. the longer the U.S clings to a punitive system men women and children will suffer. I 've lived in Arizona and Maricopa County with it's chain gangs and outmoded jails watch people seen at the county hospital of all races colors and creeds. It's comfortable for some perverse reason calling them illegal but if that's the way you folks roll hey you have to live with yourself, not me.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
People deserve health care. the longer the U.S clings to a punitive system men women and children will suffer. I 've lived in Arizona and Maricopa County with it's chain gangs and outmoded jails watch people seen at the county hospital of all races colors and creeds. It's comfortable for some perverse reason calling them illegal but if that's the way you folks roll hey you have to live with yourself, not me.
AADAD,

I was a staunch supporter of the current health care reform and I am convinced its passage takes our country to a better place.

Illegal immigration is a grave concern and needs to be addressed. We cannot have people walking across our border and then claiming benefits. There is plenty of blame to spread around over both parties over the immigration fiasco.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 AM

Then solve the issue far away from the hospital door. once they get to the ER we treat them (except Maricopa County). Try denying care to a child who is bleeding see how that makes them feel *perhaps they are already dead inside.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:01 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Then solve the issue far away from the hospital door. once they get to the ER we treat them (except Maricopa County). Try denying care to a child who is bleeding see how that makes them feel *perhaps they are already dead inside.
True, I did not mean to imply that a human being in need of emergency care should be turned away.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:59 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
If a person enters the United States unlawfully - and we do have laws regarding permanent immigration, then they are known as "Illegal Immigrants". I did not say, or infer, that everyone in the jails are here Illegally.

I call them what these people are; Illegal Immigrants. It is a true term, a correct legal statement / definition.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
True, I did not mean to imply that a human being in need of emergency care should be turned away.
i KNOW that you did not. it always bugs me. my daughter's spouse is now a citizen after many years of dealing with idiots who cite "illegal" label to bright and talented men and women. Hard to get a beer, hard to get care, unable to get legitimate work.........and all to make these morons feel comfortable while the Simpsons washes over them while they chill in their barcoloungers and say the US is a great country..... That is not the promise of America. It is a shame.

You and me is cool bro.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:37 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Those in the US illegally will not be able to buy health insurance.

Here in Arizona, Illegals are turned away from ER's with the exception of life threatening illness/injury. The "scraped elbow" will not get treated here.

Illegals are a major problem in my State - and much is being done to try to rectify the situation
Those in the US illegally will be able to use Obamacare, simply because the next step is to provide amnesty to illegals. Did you watch the demonstrations Saturday? Now, in CA illegals can get a driver's license, and their children are offered free education and healthcare.

Last edited by RayinAK; 03-22-2010 at 07:46 PM..

Old 03-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
If a person enters the United States unlawfully - and we do have laws regarding permanent immigration, then they are known as "Illegal Immigrants". I did not say, or infer, that everyone in the jails are here Illegally.

I call them what these people are; Illegal Immigrants. It is a true term, a correct legal statement / definition.
....and because you believe in legal definitions that makes your treatment of those people somehow ok? they used to have a legal definition of black people and currently have one for gay people.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:45 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
It better be. What did you think, it is your 3rd grade scratch sheet?
What the heck are you talking about? I was responding to another poster, not you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska