Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 11:08 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times

Advertisements

Dogs have different dietary needs than humans but even so, my dog only gets food with no fake additives. I've read up on the subject--and there's a good publication called the Well Dog Journal.

Dogs can be allergic too and mine is allergic to grains. His ancestors' diets must have consisted of berries, roots, meat, but not grains. I think for all of us, we should consider what our ancestors ate, maybe a thousand years ago. It would take at least that long (I read somewhere) for a mutation to develop so that certain foods would be well tolerated or not.) That, in addition to the research that shows what diets are eaten by the people who live longest. A distant relative of mine is a Seventh Day Adventist and that diet is explained in one of the studies above. She doesn't seem to get sick very much and they do live longer. No coffee or tea, no meat. I don't know if she eats eggs though.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:06 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
The Diets of Non-human Primates: Frugivory, Food Processing, and Food Sharing - Springer

"Consumption of animal food is widespread, but may vary considerably between species. Except for bonobos, insectivory is common among Pongids, and except for gorillas and orangutans, consumption of vertebrate meat is habitual. Hunting and meat eating occurs equally in forests and in open habitats. In forest populations, hunting increases at times when plant food is highly abundant, suggesting that hunting activities are triggered by high energy intake from plant foods. Patterns of meat sharing by chimpanzees and bonobos differ: in chimpanzees, the majority of the prey is consumed by adult males and adult females. In bonobos, adult females control access to carcasses and share meat among each other and with immatures."

Sample Chapter for Stanford, C.B.: The Hunting Apes: Meat Eating and the Origins of Human Behavior.

"The hunters and I are up early. Nine of us--eight of them plus me as observer--are in a small forested valley among rugged hills in a remote part of East Africa ... After several minutes of frenzied action the hunt ends with five monkeys caught. Everyone then sits down around the base of the tree, feasting on the meat they have caught. The hunters politick throughout the meal, sharing and swapping scraps of the much-desired meat. For more than two hours they eat the monkeys, and the noise of bones crunching and contented grunting is all around me. The hunters share the bounty with one another, finish off most of the meal, and then nap for an hour. Every bit of the carcass--including bones and skin--is eaten raw. After they are sated and rested, they get up as if on cue and walk off in search of more food."

"This event took place not among a group of African hunter-gatherer people, such as the Hadza of northern Tanzania or the !Kung of the Kalahari desert, but among wild chimpanzees. In forests of western Tanzania and across equatorial Africa, these apes include the meat of other mammals as a small but regular part of their diet."

Also wild dogs do eat plant material, such as the stomach contents of prey.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We may have hands for picking fruit but we also have teeth for chewing meat.

No two people are alike and so I think it all depends upon the person as to what they should be eating. I prefer a vegetarian diet because I like the foods but I don't get enough protein because I would need to eat more fish. I don't care that much for fish!

Eggs are nuggets of nutrition, especially the yolk. It was a lie when they were telling us not to eat eggs.

But does anyone really truly know the ideal diet? I don't think so. The closest I ever came to seeing an attempt was the blood type diet. Type O blood people were supposed to eat meat and certain other foods--I remember that much because I'm type O. Maybe some day there will be a true way of knowing exactly what we're supposed to be eating. I heard again the other day that the Mediterranean diet is the best. Evidence keeps pointing that way.
I think to discover the "ideal" diet, you need to look at what people who use food as their medicine eat and diets they follow to reverse their supposedly incurable chronic and degeneratve diseases.. You also need to look at what people are eating around the world that live the longest.

If they eat any dairy, eggs, meat, grains and legumes at all it is very little. They mostly eat what our stomachs are designed for: fruit and the fruit like vegetables that contain seeds. However, once our bodies are detoxed and healthy and alkaline as I understand, we can tolerate animal products much better. However most people never go back to eating as much as they had before they detoxed.

I know for a fact that if people want to get back to robust health the quickest way they can, it means they have to buckle down and begin eating only the foods that are the easiest to digest. They also happen to be the cleanest and most healthful. They are astringent. They make the body alkaline (not acidic with lots of mucus creation like all the animal products do) and they PULL out toxins. They flush away acid wastes. They are the water rich fruit. The only thing faster than that is water fasting. Loren Lockman on YouTube supervises extended water fasts and is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to discovering how much healing can take place during an extended water fast.

Some people can't tolerate fruit, they have been so used to eating cooked foods. So they have to start slowly, perhaps changing to a Macrobiotic Diet where everything is slightly cooked at first and where there are grains and legumes included.

If people do this conversion correctly they will bring on detox reactions of varying degrees as their bodies release stored wastes they've been carrying around for years. Some of those reactions aren't fun but they should be welcomed.

Everyone has heard of people going on 40 day grape fasts or going on long juice fasts. If you follow the raw food movement on YouTube there are a huge number of people who were at deaths door who owe their new healthy lives to changing over to eating primarily a raw vegan diet at least while they were healing and detoxing. Even Type 1 diabetics can and have gotten rid of their diabetes eating a raw plant based diet and more than one Naturopath I know of says that any cancer can be reversed including pancreatic cancer..

I know it isn't what you want to hear if you've grown up all your life buying into the medical profession's propaganda, but if you think about it. it is extremely empowering! It means that Nature really does have all the answers and solutions at least as far as chronic and degenerative conditions go. To benefit from it, people have to take their blinders off and be willing to open their minds. Seeing is believing too. There are countless testimonial videos of people who have done what the medical profession told them could never be done. They were written off. Now these people feel so empowered they don't even bother getting health insurance anymore.

I now eat only fruit for breakfast and lunch-- probably a few pounds worth. except for once in a while when I might make and have a muffin after eating some fruit. I start the day drinking 20 oz of lemon water. For dinner I will have a big salad and will probably have some cooked vegetables and maybe some starch (that I shouldn't have). Very infrequently, once every few months, I will have some eggs, chicken or fish as a "treat" but I usually regret it later as it usually slows down my eliminations considerably and makes me feel sluggish after eating it (however tasty it might be going down).

If people want to check out some people on YouTube of raw foodists who walk the walk and turned their lives around with raw food, check out "OKRAW" "LIFEREGENERATOR" "Dr Robert Morse "Freelee the banana girl" "Dr John R Christopher" "Chris Beat Cancer" "Durian Rider". There are so many more.

Last edited by emilybh; 04-23-2016 at 01:36 PM..

Old 04-23-2016, 06:58 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Three deleted messages. No rude comments, no bickering. Just stay on topic, please.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:20 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I think to discover the "ideal" diet, you need to look at what people who use food as their medicine eat and diets they follow to reverse their supposedly incurable chronic and degeneratve diseases.. You also need to look at what people are eating around the world that live the longest.

If they eat any dairy, eggs, meat, grains and legumes at all it is very little. They mostly eat what our stomachs are designed for: fruit and the fruit like vegetables that contain seeds. However, once our bodies are detoxed and healthy and alkaline as I understand, we can tolerate animal products much better. However most people never go back to eating as much as they had before they detoxed.

I know for a fact that if people want to get back to robust health the quickest way they can, it means they have to buckle down and begin eating only the foods that are the easiest to digest. They also happen to be the cleanest and most healthful. They are astringent. They make the body alkaline (not acidic with lots of mucus creation like all the animal products do) and they PULL out toxins. They flush away acid wastes. They are the water rich fruit. The only thing faster than that is water fasting. Loren Lockman on YouTube supervises extended water fasts and is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to discovering how much healing can take place during an extended water fast.

Some people can't tolerate fruit, they have been so used to eating cooked foods. So they have to start slowly, perhaps changing to a Macrobiotic Diet where everything is slightly cooked at first and where there are grains and legumes included.

If people do this conversion correctly they will bring on detox reactions of varying degrees as their bodies release stored wastes they've been carrying around for years. Some of those reactions aren't fun but they should be welcomed.

Everyone has heard of people going on 40 day grape fasts or going on long juice fasts. If you follow the raw food movement on YouTube there are a huge number of people who were at deaths door who owe their new healthy lives to changing over to eating primarily a raw vegan diet at least while they were healing and detoxing. Even Type 1 diabetics can and have gotten rid of their diabetes eating a raw plant based diet and more than one Naturopath I know of says that any cancer can be reversed including pancreatic cancer..

I know it isn't what you want to hear if you've grown up all your life buying into the medical profession's propaganda, but if you think about it. it is extremely empowering! It means that Nature really does have all the answers and solutions at least as far as chronic and degenerative conditions go. To benefit from it, people have to take their blinders off and be willing to open their minds. Seeing is believing too. There are countless testimonial videos of people who have done what the medical profession told them could never be done. They were written off. Now these people feel so empowered they don't even bother getting health insurance anymore.

I now eat only fruit for breakfast and lunch-- probably a few pounds worth. except for once in a while when I might make and have a muffin after eating some fruit. I start the day drinking 20 oz of lemon water. For dinner I will have a big salad and will probably have some cooked vegetables and maybe some starch (that I shouldn't have). Very infrequently, once every few months, I will have some eggs, chicken or fish as a "treat" but I usually regret it later as it usually slows down my eliminations considerably and makes me feel sluggish after eating it (however tasty it might be going down).

If people want to check out some people on YouTube of raw foodists who walk the walk and turned their lives around with raw food, check out "OKRAW" "LIFEREGENERATOR" "Dr Robert Morse "Freelee the banana girl" "Dr John R Christopher" "Chris Beat Cancer" "Durian Rider". There are so many more.
There is no such thing as detox (unless you are talking about weaning someone from drugs, and that is not really detoxing either).

Nature does not have all the answers. Humans and other animals have died from cancer and other diseases since the beginning.

People who eat mostly fruit don't live longer. If anything, they may die sooner from malnutrition and, possibly pancreatic cancer.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:

People in geographic locations where the population lives longest do not eat an all fruit diet. They consume diets heavy on the vegetables, often with fish, and usually a little red meat. I posted above about areas known as Blue Zones: none of the people in those places consume solely fruit, and they have a high number of people who live to advanced old age and do so while remaining active and engaged.

There are many conditions that can be improved with diet, including diabetes and heart disease. Doing that does not require eating only fruit, and a diet consisting only of fruit would be a high sugar diet, not good for diabetes at all.

The idea that the human body needs to be "detoxed" has no basis in biology. If your liver and kidneys are healthy, that's what they do all day long every day.

Type 1 diabetes cannot be reversed by diet. There is no diet that will cause a pancreas that cannot make insulin to start making insulin. If a naturopath tells you he can cure cancer, run away very fast. He cannot. Testimonial videos are worthless. There is no way to determine whether they are legitimate or not. Anyone can make a video and say he cured his cancer by eating forty kumquats a day. How do you know he even had cancer? How do you know he ate forty kumquats a day?

You start off telling people to eat only fruit, then admit that you yourself eat fruit, raw and cooked vegetables, starches, and some eggs, chicken, or fish.

"Chris beat cancer", but not with diet. He had surgery, refusing chemotherapy that might have increased the odds he will live longer. He charges by the hour to provide telephone consultations about cancer (which appears to be practicing medicine without a license.)

The "Liferegenerator" was hospitalized with a life threatening bacterial infection. You can buy his stuff, too. It's really expensive.

John Christopher is dead. He was a herbalist. You can still buy his books and stuff, though.

Freelee and durianrider were sued for defamation by another alt med guru. Durianrider is one of the top ten youtube earners in Australia, Freelee is (or was) his girlfriend.

Robert Morse has a degree from a diploma mill. Durianrider and the banana girl criticize him for selling animal glands. You can buy stuff from him, too.

John Kohler (OK Raw) is all about juicers.

From a brief tour of Google, it appears that some of the folks in your list do not agree with what the others say, and they all sell something.

The alkalinize your body idea is bogus. Human acid base physiology does not work that way.

Bottom line: no need to detox, forget trying to alkalinize yourself (you cannot do it), and eating meat does not "create mucus".

Eat a varied diet in moderation and exercise, which is what any real doctor would tell you to do.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
There is no such thing as detox (unless you are talking about weaning someone from drugs, and that is not really detoxing either).

Nature does not have all the answers. Humans and other animals have died from cancer and other diseases since the beginning.

People who eat mostly fruit don't live longer. If anything, they may die sooner from malnutrition and, possibly pancreatic cancer.
If you don't like the word "detox", how about cleaning out? How about regeneration of tissue? How about alkalizing your body? Do you believe in being able to clean out dead cells and waste products which the body has no use for? If not I can't help you.

For those that don't mind that word. Here is a short presentation on the power of raw fruit to energize your cells, as well as clean out (detox) your lymphatic system, also your immune system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGtDnv0DXk

The body is made up of 100 trillion cells each of which consume and eliminate. Those eliminations need to exit the body via the kidneys. You know you are getting rid of those cellular wastes if you see white particles or stringy mucus in your urine. If all you see is clear yellow, your kidneys are not filtering acid wastes and they are backing up your lymphatic/immune system which is becoming more and more acidic. Cancer patients typically have kidneys that aren't filtering the way they should. When they have gotten their kidneys to begin filtering,they see their tumors start to dissolve. To do this one needs to take the herbs and or eat the foods that support the kidneys and adrenals.

When acids stay in your body for too long, they become hard. Also, acids BURN; they do damage. Try this and you'll see what I mean. Try holding a swallow of Coke or Pepsi in your mouth for an hour. h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYDuPHin8Xc This link shows a bunch of experiments done with Coca Cola including removing rust. If it can remove rust, imagine what it does to the lining of your stomach. I bet you can't keep coke in your mouth even for 5 minutes. It starts to burn, right? Acids cause pain and INFLAMMATION. They are inflammatory. Also, what do acids do when left alone? They become hard. In your body that means mucus turns into plaque and then tumors. You get a diagnosis of cancer when the cells are damaged. That is all it is. It isn't a big scary thing like they make it out to be. BTW chemotherapy is even MORE acidic than coke. They tell people learning to administer it not to spill it accidently on your skin because it will burn your skin. (So imagine the destruction that is done to the inside of the cancer patient's body after it is administered.) Needless to say, it doesn't make a lot of sense to allow chemo inside your body if you understand this in my opinion.

To get rid of these inflammatory conditions and diseases like cancer, you obviously need to get rid of those hard acid wastes. Certainly adding more acid doesn't help. Raw fruits and vegetables are alkaline and will help to neutralize and break down the damage done by eating too many acid forming foods. They also are the quickest to bring energy to your body's cells and therefore the fastest way to obtaining robust health.

As has been said, everyone is different. On a continuum of healing programs, eating raw fruit and vegetables with the help of whole herbs for healing is near the top considering the results people see in a short amount of time. Only juice and water fasting may deliver results faster. But fast results may not be the best for everyone. A program that you can stick to even if it contains cooked foods or even a few animal products is better than not making any changes to your diet.

Your food cravings change as you start to introduce healthful foods into your diet. You generally begin to want more and more of those healthful foods.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:14 PM

The alkaline diet is pure hokum.

The kidneys and lungs closely regulate the acidity of the body, no matter what you eat. "Alkalinizing" one's body is physiologically impossible. If the system gets either too acidic or too alkaline, the lungs and kidneys will correct the problem in a healthy person. Anything you eat, whether the food is acidic or alkaline, is going into your stomach, where the digestive juices are far more acidic than anything you could tolerate eating.

https://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpre...ed-hypothesis/

This is the first of a series of videos on acid base balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frtxifC_J-Q

Your body has systems to remove waste: the liver and kidneys. If you are healthy, they do not need any assistance to do their jobs.

As far as the GI tract is concerned, purging can do more harm than good.

Clear urine is perfectly healthy and normal. Cloudy urine can mean anything from an infection to simple washing of cells from the genitalia into the urine as it is voided, especially in women.

Drop some acid on your skin and it may burn. Drop some alkali on your skin and it can do the same thing. Think drain cleaner - lye.

Not all cancer chemotherapeutic agents will burn the skin. The major one that can, vincristine, is actually administered directly into the vein of the patient receiving it, with care to make sure it stays there. People who administer chemotherapy agents are advised to avoid skin contact because these agents can cause adverse effects from chronic exposure, not because they are "acids".

"Acids" do not "turn hard" in the body. "Mucus" does not become "plaque" and then "tumors". Manipulating the diet will not cause a cancer to go away, and alleging that it will has potential to mislead people, potentially harming them and causing them to forego potentially life saving treatment.

I realize that this is the alternative medicine forum, but what you are advocating is an alternative physiology which is bizarre and not based on any human reality.

Healthy humans do not need to "detox" and you cannot change the acidity of your blood or body tissues with diet. Your body will not allow it.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:34 PM

suzy_q2010 said : "............ "Chris beat cancer", but not with diet. He had surgery, refusing chemotherapy that might have increased the odds he will live longer. He charges by the hour to provide telephone consultations about cancer (which appears to be practicing medicine without a license.)

The "Liferegenerator" was hospitalized with a life threatening bacterial infection. You can buy his stuff, too. It's really expensive.

John Christopher is dead. He was a herbalist. You can still buy his books and stuff, though.

Freelee and durianrider were sued for defamation by another alt med guru. Durianrider is one of the top ten youtube earners in Australia, Freelee is (or was) his girlfriend.

Robert Morse has a degree from a diploma mill. Durianrider and the banana girl criticize him for selling animal glands. You can buy stuff from him, too.

John Kohler (OK Raw) is all about juicers......"

Here is the correct information about the above people and channels to check out to learn more about raw foods:

Chris Wark of "Chris Beat Cancer" attributes his healing of cancer to "nutrition" from his mostly raw food diet. He started his YouTube channel to tell others and to interview others with similar experiences to teach others how effective using simple diet and not invasive healing methods as opposed to conventional methods can improve one's chances of not only getting rid of the cancer but achieving robust health for the first time in one's life. Most of his interviewees who finally got rid of their cancer after it was made worse by conventional treatments say in hindsight, they would NOT use orthodox methods if they had to do it over again.

Don MacDonald a/k/a "LifeRegenerator" on YouTube was a former drug addict and alcoholic who attributes cleaning up his diet and becoming a 100 percent raw foodist to overcoming his addictions. He has 1000s of videos and has inspired thousands more to try raw foods to improve their health. There are dozens of testimonials on YouTube from people who have overcome various health challenges who sought out support from Dan.

John R. Christopher was a Naturopathic doctor and Master Herbalist. Before becoming a doctor, he was the only medic in the entire United States Army allowed to use herbs to treat soldiers as he amazed his commanding officer and his peers with his ability to heal a soldier from what had been deemed "incurable" impetigo in just a few weeks. Other success stories include helping a toddler who was born blind -- supposedly "born without optic nerves" according to the mighty medical profession. His mother came to see Dr. Christopher to see if he could help. The baby's mother followed his instructions. 6 months later she came to see Dr. Christopher to thank him and to update him on her child who could now SEE perfectly. There are many many other accounts of healing Dr. Christopher was responsible for. He died from complications of a head injury from falling on the ice. He also started one of the oldest herbology schools/ Master Herbalist programs in the country that is still open and running in Utah. The School of Natural Healing. He is the author of numerous books!

Freelee the banana girl is another inspiration to a great many. Here is a video she did of her debate on national TV with a "nutritionist" .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZKDInabaPM You decide who is more credible. BTW Freelee also healed herself changing to a mostly raw food diet. She had eating disorders and very bad I.B.D. . Also note the male anchor at the 4.23 mark points out that the responsibility to find the truth should be on the one seeking the truth or the viewer. The stupid blond anchor before that almost comes out and says the media should censor or disallow certain messages( ?????)

I like Durian Rider for videos like this where he tests his blood sugar before and after eating 14 bananas and disproves the myth that sugar from too much fruit is bad for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSJ_rhJuxYE

BTW they won the lawsuit. They didn't defame anyone's character.

Robert Morse has been a Naturopathic Dcotor for 40 years. He's worked in emergency rooms and has a booming practice with patients worldwide. Through the use of diet and herbs he's helped people who were written off by the medical profession regain robust health including getting people out of wheel chairs and walking who were never supposed to be able to do that. At one time he lived on nothing but oranges for 6 months He's said he was a fan of Dr. Christopher's. He's a biochemist and a master herbalist and iridologist. His N.D. degree was from a Brick and Mortar school in the U.K. that has since closed as have too many of the N.D. programs in the world. He started a school to teach healing through detoxification. He is also the author of the DETOX MIRACLE SOURCE BOOK available on Amazon.com. His YouTube channel is RobertMorseN.D. or Dr. Robert Morse.

John Kohler was stricken with spinal meningitis in his 20s after suffering all his life with poor health and bad skin that he was teased about in school. He managed to make it out of the hospital and not die from the meningitis. He was also told he had "acquired immune deficiency". He says that soon after he happened to see Jay Kordisch "The Juiceman" talking about how through juicing he healed his own cancer by boosting his immune system. That resonated with John and he immediately when out and got a juicer. After months of juicing, his skin finally cleared up for the first time in his life and he started to feel much better, stronger and healthier. He decided since juicing had such a positive impact on his health, to begin selling juicers. His juicing site is discountjuicers.com. He is EASILY the most knowledgeable person when it comes to juicers out there. He has now been a raw foodist for 20 years and grows most of his own food in a suburban yard turned food forest. His gardening channel is growingyourgreens.com. His health channel is okraw.com

Last edited by emilybh; 04-24-2016 at 01:11 PM..

Old 04-24-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
suzy_q2010 said : "............ "Chris beat cancer", but not with diet. He had surgery, refusing chemotherapy that might have increased the odds he will live longer. He charges by the hour to provide telephone consultations about cancer (which appears to be practicing medicine without a license.)

John Kohler (OK Raw) is all about juicers......"

Here is the correct information about the above people and channels to check out to learn more about raw foods:

Don MacDonald a/k/a "LifeRegenerator" on YouTube was a former drug addict and alcoholic who attributes cleaning up his diet and becoming a 100 percent raw foodist to overcoming his addictions. He has 1000s of videos and has inspired thousands more to try raw foods to improve their health. There are dozens of testimonials on YouTube from people who have overcome various health challenges who sought out support from Dan.

John R. Christopher was a Naturopathic doctor and Master Herbalist. Before becoming a doctor, he was the only medic in the entire United States Army allowed to use herbs to treat soldiers as he amazed his commanding officer and his peers with Christopher's ability to heal a soldier from what had been deemed "incurable" impetigo. Other success stories include helping a toddler who was born blind -- supposedly "born without optic nerves" according to the mighty medical profession. His mother came to see Dr. Christopher to see if he could help. The baby's mother followed his instructions. 6 months later she came to see Dr. Christopher to thank him and to update him on her child who could now SEE. There are many many other accounts of healing Dr. Christopher was responsible for. He died from complications of a head injury from falling on the ice. He also started one of the oldest herbology schools/ Master Herbalist programs in the country that is still open and running in Utah. The School of Natural Healing. He is the author of numerous books!

Freelee the banana girl is another inspiration to a great many. Here is a video she did of her debate on national TV with a "nutritionist" . You decide who is more credible. BTW Freelee also healed herself changing to a mostly raw food diet. She had eating disorders and very bad I.B.D. . Also note the male anchor at the 4.23 mark points out that the responsibility to find the truth should be on the one seeking the truth or the viewer. The stupid blond anchor before that almost comes out and says the media should censor or disallow certain messages( ?????)

I like Durian Rider for videos like this where he tests his blood sugar before and after eating 14 bananas and disproves the myth that sugar from too much fruit is bad for you.

BTW they won the lawsuit. They didn't defame anyone's character.

Robert Morse has been a Naturopathic Dcotor for 40 years. He's worked in emergency rooms and has a booming practice with patients worldwide. Through the use of diet and herbs he's helped people who were written off by the medical profession regain robust health including getting people out of wheel chairs and walking who were never supposed to be able to do that. At one time he lived on nothing but oranges for 6 months He's said he was a fan of Dr. Christopher's. He's a biochemist and a master herbalist and iridologist. His N.D. degree was from a Brick and Mortar school in the U.K. that has since closed as have too many of the N.D. programs in the world. He started a school to teach healing through detoxification. He is also the author of the DETOX MIRACLE SOURCE BOOK available on Amazon.com. His YouTube channel is RobertMorseN.D. or Dr. Robert Morse.

John Kohler was stricken with spinal meningitis in his 20s after suffering all his life with poor health and bad skin that he was teased about in school. He managed to make it out of the hospital and not die from the meningitis. He was also told he had "acquired immune deficiency". He says that soon after he happened to see Jay Kordisch "The Juiceman" talking about how through juicing he healed his own cancer by boosting his immune system. That resonated with John and he immediately when out and got a juicer. After months of juicing, his skin finally cleared up for the first time in his life and he started to feel much better, stronger and healthier. He decided since juicing had such a positive impact on his health, to begin selling juicers. His juicing site is discountjuicers.com. He is EASILY the most knowledgeable person when it comes to juicers out there. He has now been a raw foodist for 20 years and grows most of his own food in a suburban yard turned food forest. His gardening channel is growingyourgreens.com. His health channel is okraw.com
Yep. All of them are happy to sell you something.

A diet based mostly on fruits and vegetables is a healthy diet. It will not cure cancer, though.

Thousands of videos do not mean you know what you are talking about, and testimonials that cannot be verified are worthless. MacDonald got a bacterial infection for which he spent eight weeks on antibiotics. That is not a very good testimonial for his diet.

Brantridge Forest School (Morse's degree) is a known diploma mill.

Top 10 Ways To Be Sure An Online School Is Legitimate | Education & Careers

This is about another person, but it describes Brantridge:

Gregory Caplinger and His Cancer Scam

From Bear JB, Bean MP. Bear's Guide to Earning Degrees Nontraditionally, 13th edition. Berkeley, CA: Ten Speed Press, 1999:

"The Sussex College of Technology—which cannot be located today through UK directory assistance—was considered a diploma mill. The 9th edition of Bear's Guide stated: "Sussex, England. Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctorates in almost any field. Sussex is run from a large private home south of London. At the same address and with similar catalogs, are the Brantridge Forest School and the University of the Science of Man. They all offer 'earned degrees' for which a few correspondence courses are required, and 'extension awards' which are for the same degrees and diplomas for no work at all. Honorary Doctorates are awarded free, but there is a $100 engraving and processing charge. Other programs cost from $100 to $500." [9] The 1999 edition of Bear's Guide stated that "in 1988 a new British law came into effect forbidding such 'schools' to accept students who enrolled after May 1st."

Anything someone who paid a few hundred bucks for a degree says is probably not worth much. Would you really want to trust your health to such a person?

I suspect that Kohler's recovery from meningitis had more to do with allopathic medical care, probably including antibiotics, than diet.

Someone who is not diabetic can eat large amounts of sugar with no problems except for the risk of getting fat - and becoming diabetic because of the complex metabolic effects of obesity. Have someone who is diabetic eat a passel of bananas would have very different effects on blood sugar.

Any diet that claims to cure every ailment known to humanity, including cancer, should be avoided. If you want to eat healthy, a good approach is the Mediterranean diet.

http://www.drgourmet.com/md/mediterr...ndietguide.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine