Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:22 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Ideally they die healthy in their sleep, the way they used to before orthodox medicine backed by Rockefeller money and the AMA bulldozed their way in brainwashing everyone to think they were some sort of "saviors". Too many people still think this way.It is actually the so called "miracle drugs" helping us live "longer, healthier, lives" which is the biggest lie I've ever heard,that people no longer die healthy in their sleep. They die of Iatrogenic caused as a result of following their medical doctors orders. Many die from Prescription drugs interactions.
In the US in the 1950's people retired at 65. They were generally dead by 69 or 70. Today, they retire and live to 80.

Miracle drugs sure aren't decreasing people's lifespan as a whole.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:25 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Absolutely agree. My Great-Grandma (born 1864) died at 94 by being hit by a car while going grocery shopping. My Grandma (born 1900) died in her own bed in her sleep. My Grandpa (born 1886) died on his kitchen floor cooking dinner. He worked at a very physical job into his 70's. My own Mom (born 1920) put in her Living Will, "I do not wish to become Vegetable in some Science Experiment for doctors to see how long they can keep me alive". "Let me die when it's my time to die". None of my relatives were constantly being treated for this or that condition, going to doctors, or died in the hospital being treated for whatever. They did not take pages of pills from very young ages like people do today. Medicine and the Pharm Industry are Big Businesses today raking in billions of dollars.

There was no "alternative" medicine back then. All the herbs and plants were a part of their normal diets and daily life. People cooked from scratch and did not eat processed, or fast food. Far different attitude about life than today. Great-Grandma lived with us when I was a young child. Yes, I fully remember her cooking and what she ate and fed me. I also remember what she and Grandma told me to eat or drink for this illness and that. It has been passed down through our family's generations. This is not something I got from the Internet but Family Tradition.

Are we healthier today? No, we are a much sicker society who cannot live to ripe old ages without some kind of constant medical intervention, vaccines, and pills.
In your grandparents time, the average person lived to 47. Today it is about 79. Your grandparents may have lived long lives, but the majority of their generation was dead by their 50's.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:17 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
You are exactly right. Doctors, or the doctors that were and still are the most effective (as there were some allopaths out there), were and are the traditional healers. They follow the Hippocratic oath of first doing no harm. Oncology in allopathic medicine is the antithesis of what traditional healing is about. There is NOTHING traditional about conventional western medicine that is for darn sure.

Quote:
Absolutely agree. My Great-Grandma (born 1864) died at 94 by being hit by a car while going grocery shopping. My Grandma (born 1900) died in her own bed in her sleep. My Grandpa (born 1886) died on his kitchen floor cooking dinner. He worked at a very physical job into his 70's. My own Mom (born 1920) put in her Living Will, "I do not wish to become Vegetable in some Science Experiment for doctors to see how long they can keep me alive". "Let me die when it's my time to die". None of my relatives were constantly being treated for this or that condition, going to doctors, or died in the hospital being treated for whatever. They did not take pages of pills from very young ages like people do today. Medicine and the Pharm Industry are Big Businesses today raking in billions of dollars.

There was no "alternative" medicine back then. All the herbs and plants were a part of their normal diets and daily life. People cooked from scratch and did not eat processed, or fast food. Far different attitude about life than today. Great-Grandma lived with us when I was a young child. Yes, I fully remember her cooking and what she ate and fed me. I also remember what she and Grandma told me to eat or drink for this illness and that. It has been passed down through our family's generations. This is not something I got from the Internet but Family Tradition.

Are we healthier today? No, we are a much sicker society who cannot live to ripe old ages without some kind of constant medical intervention, vaccines, and pills.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:23 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
Why are there posts on this Alternative Medicine site attempting to negate Alternative Medicine and promote Mainstream Medicine?

Don't these posts/posters belong somewhere else?
That is a good question. I think some of them are trolls and some of them are in love with their diseases and don't want to admit to themselves that they might have made the wrong choice in allowing themselves to be talked into using western medicine. Some of the latter just have blinders on and won't take them off. They hold fast to their preconceived notions and brainwashing no matter what.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:48 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Default or maybe no "wake up" call YET

Quote:
That is a good question. I think some of them are trolls and some of them are in love with their diseases and don't want to admit to themselves that they might have made the wrong choice in allowing themselves to be talked into using western medicine. Some of the latter just have blinders on and won't take them off. They hold fast to their preconceived notions and brainwashing no matter what.

I had no clue back in the 80's what I know today and years of research, talking to MANY, other health forums and the trip to the ER with a stomach ulcer from a pharma anti inflammatory drug back then. That was my "wake up" -- could be most have not had wake up calls or would never admit it. I'm very open on all the healing issues and what many can work with.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:55 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
My Great-Uncle, through marriage, was born around 1910. He lived until his early 80's. Modern Medicine? His only problem was his back. He had surgeries. He took pain pills. They did him no good whatsoever. He walked stooped over and in extreme pain, but refused to sit in a wheelchair. He wanted something better.

He decided to try Ancient, not Modern, Medicine; Acupuncture. After treatments my Great-Uncle walked as straight as an arrow, no pain meds, and certainly no wheelchair. Modern Medicine failed where Ancient Medicine worked.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:00 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
You are exactly right. Doctors, or the doctors that were and still are the most effective (as there were some allopaths out there), were and are the traditional healers. They follow the Hippocratic oath of first doing no harm. Oncology in allopathic medicine is the antithesis of what traditional healing is about. There is NOTHING traditional about conventional western medicine that is for darn sure.
The last doctor I ever trusted, and went to on a regular basis, was my OB who delivered my daughters in 1979 and 1984. We were on the same page. My older daughter was breach and delivered vaginally and naturally. He said to the hospital staff, who were horrified even back in those days at an Non C-Section Breach Birth, WE (mother included) will show you how this is done. My daughter is now 37 years old. His license to practice medicine was revoked in 1990, which did not surprise me at all. He went against Modern Medicine even decades ago. RIP Dr. George, you were the only doctor I ever trusted. Today doctors like Dr. George are now being found dead, let alone their licenses revoked. Are we their patients, or non patients of any doctor as I now am, next on the hit list for not bowing down to Modern Medicine?

Old 05-09-2016, 05:33 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Ideally they die healthy in their sleep, the way they used to before orthodox medicine backed by Rockefeller money and the AMA bulldozed their way in brainwashing everyone to think they were some sort of "saviors". Too many people still think this way.It is actually the so called "miracle drugs" helping us live "longer, healthier, lives" which is the biggest lie I've ever heard,that people no longer die healthy in their sleep. They die of Iatrogenic caused as a result of following their medical doctors orders. Many die from Prescription drugs interactions.
Die healthy in their sleep?

When did this idyllic nonsense ever occur?? In the movies perhaps but not in real life, not ever....

The leading causes of death in the 1920's was TB and other infectious diseases such as influenza with pandemics like the 1918 flu that wiped a good portion of the world's population...not pleasant pass in your sleep types of deaths by the way....

The average life expectancy back then? About 57 years...

The claims of which you speak with people dying ?healthy? in their sleep (if they were healthy why did they die, it wasn't "old age"....not at 57) NEVER happened....

Old 05-09-2016, 05:50 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Allopathic physicians heal patients every day. They cure infections with antibiotics. They treat conditions with surgery that would otherwise have been universally (and often painfully) fatal, and anesthesia for such surgery requires sophisticated drugs. They may not cure some diseases, but they can manage them with medications: insulin dependent diabetes and hypertension, for example.

Many more people are living longer and feeling better into advanced ages because of modern drugs, including vaccines.

My son is alive and well due to chemothrapy for his childhood leukemia. He was treated thirty years ago. Today, 90% of kids with the same diagnosis he had are cured. People are cured of many cancers: breast, colon, cervix, testicle, and other leukemias and lymphomas, among others.

This post is a good example why some of us post here. It is a complete falsehood.

Quote:
The last doctor I ever trusted, and went to on a regular basis, was my OB who delivered my daughters in 1979 and 1984. We were on the same page. My older daughter was breach and delivered vaginally and naturally. He said to the hospital staff, who were horrified even back in those days at an Non C-Section Breach Birth, WE (mother included) will show you how this is done. My daughter is now 37 years old. His license to practice medicine was revoked in 1990, which did not surprise me at all. He went against Modern Medicine even decades ago. RIP Dr. George, you were the only doctor I ever trusted. Today doctors like Dr. George are now being found dead, let alone their licenses revoked. Are we their patients, or non patients of any doctor as I now am, next on the hit list for not bowing down to Modern Medicine?
Vaginal breech (not breach) delivery was still being performed on a regular basis in the late 1970s and early 1980s. The reason Cesarean is favored now is because experience has shown that the babies do better. Breech babies can become asphyxiated during delivery and die or end up brain damaged. If "Dr. George" lost his license, perhaps it was because his patients and their babies were not doing well.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:45 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Die healthy in their sleep?

When did this idyllic nonsense ever occur?? In the movies perhaps but not in real life, not ever....

The leading causes of death in the 1920's was TB and other infectious diseases such as influenza with pandemics like the 1918 flu that wiped a good portion of the world's population...not pleasant pass in your sleep types of deaths by the way....

The average life expectancy back then? About 57 years...

The claims of which you speak with people dying ?healthy? in their sleep (if they were healthy why did they die, it wasn't "old age"....not at 57) NEVER happened....
As a genealogist, yes. People did die even when they were healthy. Food poisoning was more common in days before modern refrigeration. Infant death rate was higher, making the average lifespan seem shorter.
I'm sure I could look up more ways that healthy people died but this gets silly, arguing just for the sake of arguing.

But I agree about TB, of course, and the flu, especially the epidemic of 1918. Thank goodness for antibiotics and flu shots.

Many people also lived into their 90s back then. They ate real food, not junk food, and they usually got more exercise during the course of their day then people do now--out of necessity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine