Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:22 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,381,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sure, blacks are people who parents came to America 300 years ago as slaves. Created great thing like Jazz, blues, and soul music. Because that's OUR creation, not Africa's. Sorry Africa, gets no credit. Just to show you that black Americans are much better.
Now, see I agree with this and I said something to this effect in one of those other threads.
Quote:
So that's what "black" means. We were black before we were ever African Americans. We're black Americans, with a superior culture, way more money than any black person in the world.
I agree with this statement too.
Quote:
We don't need culture from Africa, we've already created a superior one.
Good, good.
Quote:
My view of black is very simple. If you traced your family tree back to America hundreds of years ago. And when I say America I mean USA.
Rate this post positively
I guess you and I really don't have all that different of a view and this is coming from a west coast black who also acknowledges his other genetic contributions and pieces of those cultures. Little tid bit, there are many other west coast blacks who are the same way, able to be acknowledge all while still identifying as Black American.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:25 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,586,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Really? Why are they ashamed in Cali? Never thought they would be ashamed. They even have gangs in the West Coast.

Don't confused LA with other parts of the West Coast. You still have San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle. All with black people desperately trying to self identify as something other than black.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Explain what you mean. In what way are blacks on the west coast "ashamed"? Also, you've still yet to answer my question; whether ashamed or deciding to say they're mixed or however you want to call it, how does that impact your life? How do black people who make personal choices for themselves impact the choices and way you live your life? Please explain to us why this is important enough to warrant having a thread about it.

Hey people make threads all the time about conditions of society that doesn't personally impact them all of the time. And people have opinions and views about things that have nothing to do with them. Ever look at the local news? How many things happen in the local news that personally impact majority of the people watching it. Does hearing about some Mexican gang members gunning each other down really impact someone watching it who isn't in a gang?

So with that out of the way, it doesn't impact me in any way. It doesn't mean that I don't have a right to my opinion on it. My opinion those people are stupid.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:46 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
I don't even know anyone who label themselves "African American" or "black"

Everone seems to label themselves by their names.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:49 PM

284 posts, read 641,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I have found that Black from the South are more ashamed to be Black than any part of the US
lmfaoo please explain?? this should be good.......

Old 11-27-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Hey people make threads all the time about conditions of society that doesn't personally impact them all of the time. And people have opinions and views about things that have nothing to do with them. Ever look at the local news? How many things happen in the local news that personally impact majority of the people watching it. Does hearing about some Mexican gang members gunning each other down really impact someone watching it who isn't in a gang?

So with that out of the way, it doesn't impact me in any way. It doesn't mean that I don't have a right to my opinion on it. My opinion those people are stupid.
You just invalidated your entire argument.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You just invalidated your entire argument.

Great, I'm in this case that your opinion doesn't impact me. Except this time around, I don't care.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Great, I'm in this case that your opinion doesn't impact me. Except this time around, I don't care.
Be great if you had that same attitude for what others chose to call themselves.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:41 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
lmfaoo please explain?? this should be good.......
Lol no offense intended. Just what I have observed. Since in the South racism heavily existed in the past, the Blacks feel like they have something to prove. Thereby, they will think all "that" in the South. They will look at you like "I run this" especially the younger folks.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:59 AM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
So so an African or an Afro-latino can not be considered 'black'? that's absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas