Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:21 AM

353 posts, read 1,366,596 times

Advertisements

I don't know why anyone would judge a city they plan to live in based on how an entire state is analyzed. We live in NY. Our town is small and there is virtually no crime. I joke that our police station is a little house with 2 police cars- like the Andy Griffith Show. But you can drive 15 minutes and be in a city with a lot more crime. You have to look at the specific area you want to move to. We are looking in Scottsdale. Stats change dramatically from zip code to zip code. Also, don't just look at crime, if you have children, go to the State Sex Offender website (every state has it) and you can see how many registered sex offenders are in the zip codes as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 05:37 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaZ View Post
I don't know why anyone would judge a city they plan to live in based on how an entire state is analyzed. We live in NY. Our town is small and there is virtually no crime. I joke that our police station is a little house with 2 police cars- like the Andy Griffith Show. But you can drive 15 minutes and be in a city with a lot more crime. You have to look at the specific area you want to move to. We are looking in Scottsdale. Stats change dramatically from zip code to zip code. Also, don't just look at crime, if you have children, go to the State Sex Offender website (every state has it) and you can see how many registered sex offenders are in the zip codes as well.
Any how many that are nor registered, even if an area doesn't have any registered that still doesn't mean a thing. It's sad the way we have to watch out kids so close these days.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 PM

31 posts, read 136,536 times
I Love Arizona!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 AM

353 posts, read 1,366,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Any how many that are nor registered, even if an area doesn't have any registered that still doesn't mean a thing. It's sad the way we have to watch out kids so close these days.
Well, registered sex offenders means they were caught. That is not all sex offenders by far. But it means a lot. Where I live, I see a direct correllation with amount of registered sex offenders and crime rates in general. Criminals live in more "seady" areas. Please don't say it doesn't mean a thing. If you mean that, then I guess you would have no problem with a known sex offender living right next door to you while your children play outside?

Additionally, the big picture here is don't judge a town by the state it is in. There are great towns/cities and junky ones all in the same state. State statistics is not a good barometer.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:35 AM

283 posts, read 989,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaZ View Post
Well, registered sex offenders means they were caught. That is not all sex offenders by far. But it means a lot. Where I live, I see a direct correllation with amount of registered sex offenders and crime rates in general. Criminals live in more "seady" areas. Please don't say it doesn't mean a thing. If you mean that, then I guess you would have no problem with a known sex offender living right next door to you while your children play outside?
"Seady"? LOL And just how do YOU know how many "sex offenders" there are? Are any of them women..?

Old 07-05-2007, 03:30 PM

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii 14 1/2yrs. Raised & 7yrs. *Just moved back to mainland the Arizona area wrong area
35 posts, read 355,856 times
If CA and Arizona are running out of water.... Stupid question how did Nevada get it's water (H2O) that's pure dessert.. Can't get any dryer than that.. Maybe it's the people and business and party factor to make the state want to produce more there... Really it's the commerce factor of supply and demand... So what's Colorado Dam/Boulder Dam they no like turn the faucet on toward your way.... Go figure that's kind of a dumb statement think of better comments or is it just me...
I live on the Hawaiian Islands that are even more stupid.. So go figure is it the consumer people or is it who runs the places example at government level Hummmm that's a big thought in question....

Old 07-05-2007, 03:46 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Doll Me View Post
that's pure dessert..
Mmmm, what kind?

Old 07-05-2007, 03:51 PM

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii 14 1/2yrs. Raised & 7yrs. *Just moved back to mainland the Arizona area wrong area
That's sad reg. sex offenders
Maybe they should be like Oahu Honolulu, Hawaii tons of hoouchey places (naked ***** and ass bars that you pay for) Plus you have all the 24/7 reg bars you pick up on a local or mainlander weeker or two sex romp... Or Hotel and Kuhio street strips that all the hookers walk there beat those are quickies from what I hear.... Paradise lots of skimppy clothing or non hey there this so called upper class houchy Amber Ricci that does this Inner Fire Naked **** stuff at an Estate in Potlock area... She's not very professional though all for the money... But Arizona can't be any worse than Paradise Hawaiian Islands... They also have a drug epidemic here lousey psychologist though one good and on the other hand one bad on **** out of luck getting help to actually resolve the problem...
I'm trying to leave Honolulu to make it to the state of Arizona... I feel Arizona has a lot more to offer than crapped out shallow two face Hawaii and there government and people running it... There just doing maintenance and running the state into the ground.. Full on tourism state Hawaiian Islands that where the money is at... It's difintely a different place to live but I would say no longer to experience more than 5 years to try out 7 is stretching it ...

Old 07-05-2007, 04:05 PM

Sorry horrible speller and this new MacBook drives me nuts.. I must find my wireless key board... But cute and the enticing subject thanks for lightening up with flare" dessert "
So in Arizona is there cute beef cake or hunka runkas??? Since we are on the subject call... Or all nerds and professors types and fast career gamers Or the fat hurder men or lazy boy recliners???

Old 07-05-2007, 04:14 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,448,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Doll Me View Post
Sorry horrible speller and this new MacBook drives me nuts.. I must find my wireless key board... But cute and the enticing subject thanks for lightening up with flare" dessert "
So in Arizona is there cute beef cake or hunka runkas??? Since we are on the subject call... Or all nerds and professors types and fast career gamers Or the fat hurder men or lazy boy recliners???
Hmm, you won't find nerds and professors here. More like cowboys and men who drive big trucks.

I've only met one person in over three years I've been interested in here. Kinda slim pickings, IMHO.

Of course, one is all it takes, but comparisons are useful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona