Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:04 PM

56 posts, read 267,750 times

Advertisements

[quote=China Doll Me;1010444]That's sad reg. sex offenders
Maybe they should be like Oahu Honolulu, Hawaii tons of hoouchey places (naked ***** and ass bars that you pay for) Plus you have all the 24/7 reg bars you pick up on a local or mainlander weeker or two sex romp... Or Hotel and Kuhio street strips that all the hookers walk there beat those are quickies from what I hear.... Paradise lots of skimppy clothing or non hey there this so called upper class houchy Amber Ricci that does this Inner Fire Naked **** stuff at an Estate in Potlock area...

Sounds like Miracle Mile? although I've not heard of no Inner Fire Naked...........and we have no potluck area.........do we guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 08:20 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Bottom line here:

Home is where the heart is...........myself: I am a Wash DC native, born and raised in that area----------but, thinking back on it, the place was never home to me.

I left there almost 30 years ago and have never returned to DC even for a visit.

And; yes.......Arizona has many flaws, but I seem to be doing rather well here. Most of my 'issues' here have been my own damn fault---------not 'society's'

Yes: I am a 'Liberal'-----------an Old School one, not one of those 'Bleeding Hearts', that may explain in part why Az and I get along.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:24 AM

104 posts, read 688,118 times
Default Good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Ok, in spite of the fact I don't like it here, I seek to share this information with people who might move here, as a heads up and a general public service announcement. Arizona has a lot of crime and you'd be better served to go elsewhere...

Arizona - Not a Livable State
Since you dislike it so much in AZ...good thing you're leaving!

Old 08-12-2007, 10:36 AM

13 posts, read 58,441 times
Wow, I moved from AZ to Texas, and I'm HOMESICK! I hate Texas, I would rather be back in my beautiful, friendly state of AZ than here where it's so hot and muggy. I'm planning on moving back asap.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:36 PM

6 posts, read 18,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, I can answer your question, as one of the former Californians who came here -- cheaper housing. That's it in a nutshell. It ain't for the beautiful beaches or diversity (unless hispanic culture is your thing).

Others just come to escape the cold. Others just have this fantasy of what it's like here, and I can speak from first hand knowledge that it's never quite like you thought it would be, irrespective of city. But then I'm a hopeless optimimist when relocating and I only see what "could be" and not "what is."

All in all, it's an easy place to land in, and one which doesn't require a whole lot to get here.

Why they should not come here? High crime rates. A water supply that eventually will be threatened. The heating island effect, or whatever it's called, whereby the more freeways etc that get thrown up the more the whole temp goes up in the area. Those are a few reasons.
Hello Movin'on,

Thank you for your well, dispassionate and honest description of why you move to Arizona from California. I have been enjoying reading all the messages with the pros and cons about Arizona state, and some made me laugh. But yours prompted me to reply.

I have been thinking to move to Tucson or Sierra Vista from the Sacramento area, CA. I am a 62 year old lady soon to be retired, and I am looking for a place that is warm and less expensive than California. I cannot afford to live here with a modest pension. In my opinion, everyplace in USA and the World, has good parts and bad parts. As a person that emigrated almost 40 years ago from Peru, I know that we are terribly spoiled with the life we have here, and we tend to complain for things that are not really important compared to the poverty, disease, lack of water, lack of medicine, hunger, injustice, etc., that some countries right this very minute are going through. I wouldn't for a minute would like to live in Iraq or Afghanistan.

It is what one makes of the new place that counts. But I do agree with one member that posted that before moving to another state, lots of research needs to be done. That is why I suscribed to this forum so I can learn from those living in Arizona. I agree that sometimes finding cheap housing is not enough, quality of life is more important. Unfortunately, not everybody can afford to move to the ideal place. A move costs lots of money.

Thank you for allowing me to express my ideas.

Summer

Old 08-12-2007, 08:34 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,863,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer riddle View Post
I moved from indiana to yuma,az 4 years ago, b/c my husband is in the military. We can't wait to go home to indiana. The weather never changes. It's always sunny and hot. Its cool if you like that, but I do not. I hate it. People say that the landscape is so pretty. All I see is a bunch of dead trees and sand. Its like God made Az and forgot about it.
I also moved to Yuma from Indiana. I moved here to take a teaching job. I am now looking for a teaching job back in Indiana. I have horrible allergies here from all the dust, spray, and burning. I feel so much better in Indiana and can actually go outside when I am there. It is so refreshing to breathe air that is not filled with smoke, pesticides, and dust. Here in Yuma I have to stay inside all the time. What's worse is my school district is cutting my pay and not giving me health insurance so I have no idea how I am going to pay for my allergy medicine. I miss the 4 seasons too. Here in Yuma it is as hotter than hell most of the year.I can't wait until the day comes when I find a teaching job in Indiana so I can go back.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:23 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaZ View Post
Well, registered sex offenders means they were caught. That is not all sex offenders by far. But it means a lot. Where I live, I see a direct correllation with amount of registered sex offenders and crime rates in general. Criminals live in more "seady" areas. Please don't say it doesn't mean a thing. If you mean that, then I guess you would have no problem with a known sex offender living right next door to you while your children play outside?

Additionally, the big picture here is don't judge a town by the state it is in. There are great towns/cities and junky ones all in the same state. State statistics is not a good barometer.

It means don't just read the list and and feel safe if one doesn't live by you.
Your guess would be wrong about me feeling confortable living near sex offenders.
My guess is that you are comfortable with the list, I'm not.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:28 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlexisnexis View Post
Gee I wonder why Arizona is the fastest growing state in the whole country if it is as lousy as some are saying also it is expected to be the fastest growing state for years to come.Someone better explain to people that they should not come here. LOL

I think people were coming for cheaper housing and weather. The houses are still cheap compared to most places, the weather is nice more than half of a year and it seems jobs are in abundance. Those things are all a draw, as they should be, but it's not for everyone. I think the quality of life was better some years ago before all this uncontrolled growth but that's just me.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:57 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
quote sheena: I think people were coming for cheaper housing and weather. The houses are still cheap compared to most places, the weather is nice more than half of a year and it seems jobs are in abundance. Those things are all a draw, as they should be, but it's not for everyone. I think the quality of life was better some years ago before all this uncontrolled growth but that's just me.

That statement is so true. I've been here since 1963 and those have been the same reasons every year that people who have moved here say why they moved here.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:11 PM

3 posts, read 11,836 times
Please keep the Southern States on the Worst Ten Livable States list. I have lived in AL, NC, SC and TN and loved every state I was in, the people are wonderful and very friendly unless you cross them. My father was born was born in eastern KY (they think western KY should be given to MO 'cause those folks are weird) and moved to TN from WVA. By keeping us on the list, we can keep the undesirables in the north or west.

We have crime, but not as bad as NY, NJ, AZ or CA because we will not tolerate a lot. We may be considered dumb inbred red-necks, but we love our freedom, flag and the USA and are willing to die for them. (I am a pink-neck because I can prove that my family tree forks.) So please keep our area on the list. It is the best thing that ever happened to this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona