Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post
This another way we use tamarindo,

is called "atole de tamarindo" and is served with your favorite kind of tamales.
we used tamarind in sinigang because it taste sour so aside from tamarind candy
we used it for sinigang sour soup.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:06 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post

This are called BUNUELOS, are used in Christmas,

Cooked with "Piloncillo" mix, which I believe are called "Panocha" in the Philippines,

... and accompanied with this "atole", called atole blanco.
We have Bunuelos but i don't know if looks like different
http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/wp-conten...2/bunuelos.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dUdPnaJcMN...0/DSC_0180.jpg
with dulce gatas

Old 06-29-2014, 08:28 PM

570 posts, read 490,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
We have Bunuelos but i don't know if looks like different
http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/wp-conten...2/bunuelos.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dUdPnaJcMN...0/DSC_0180.jpg
with dulce gatas
Your Buñuelos look like most of Latinoamerica's, beside some countries makes them like look doughnuts, but Mexican are different, they are basically a flower tortilla fried, and then mixed with piloncillo syrup.

The only states that uses the word "panocha" is Sinaloa and Sonora, because in the Southern Mexico that word means women sex part.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:32 PM

Atoles,
As you can see we use different kinds of "atoles" and one of those is "Champurrado", there are several ones for different combinations of tamales(they are served together).

Old 07-02-2014, 05:31 PM

I do post music on another forum, I started a thread on Filipino music.
If any of you guys want to help me with the most popular songs on different times.
I like to post them by artist, by rithm or by time(year), it would be a big help because you are the experts.
The music forum specializes in the best in the world, we post music from wherever and in any language.

Let me know if anybody is interested, I have very narrow knowledge of your music but I would love to show to the world that you have talent and we like to promote your music.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:52 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I think because we don't use cinnamon but we do have other type of rice pudding

does the ginataang mais similar to it?

https://luckymom2009.files.wordpress...2/img_4625.jpg

The other sweet rice pudding we have is the ginataang monggo
http://static.rappler.com/images/201...-and-yummy.JPG
Well, I think they could have used just sugar and milk if Cinnamon was the problem, although the flavour wouldn't really be as good as having cinnamon.

The guinataang mais looks very Asian because of the tapioca balls.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:23 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I am sure there are more Filipinos watching Korean Novelas than Japanese cartoons as novelas are related to real life. There aren't so many Japanese in the Philippines too unlike Koreans that are closed to a hundred thousand. Not that I want Filipinos to get influenced by Korean culture, as a matter of fact, I wish it's just for now and that hopefully Korean TV and fever would eventually disappear in a few years, ( I am totally againts Korean churches being built in the Philippines ) but with so many more Koreans moving to the Philippines, I am afraid, Filipinos would eventually absorb Korean culture.
Why are you against Koreans building their own churches?

Old 07-05-2014, 10:40 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I am just traditional. I don't like so much new religions in the Philippines.
I just don't see how people can go against change. I think people anywhere should have the right to practice religion and celebrate their culture no matter where they are.

Do you think Filipinos living in other countries should be allowed to build churches or community centers to practice their religion? Just curious.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:57 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
I just don't see how people can go against change. I think people anywhere should have the right to practice religion and celebrate their culture no matter where they are.

Do you think Filipinos living in other countries should be allowed to build churches or community centers to practice their religion? Just curious.
Well I don't mind non Filipinos having their worship centres, I just don't like real big ones that are almost the same as our Catholic churches.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 07-05-2014 at 02:15 PM..

Old 07-07-2014, 06:48 PM

I have been looking at some more similarities, with Mexico and not so with Spain or Latin America.

TORTA
For Mexicans is the same as in the Philippines, but also is the name of our burgers.
We also call the same tortas known to the Filipinos as TORREZNOS.

PASTEL
Totally different thing for all:
For Mexicans is CAKE,
Latinamericans a they call "pastel" TARTA.

Some differences for different reasons including some words that mean totally different in another Latinamerican country,
Such the word COJER which would mean to any TO GRAB, but for Mexicans means to have sex, and "Antillanos"(Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Cuba) use that word a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia