Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 07:01 PM

570 posts, read 490,893 times

Advertisements

Can somebody tell me how do you guys eat these Mexican fruits:
PAPAYA, CHAYOTE, SAPOTE, CHIA, AGUACATE, TOMATE(not red tomato, but green tomato).

Do yo guys use Mexican oregano or Greek oregano?

Do you gays eat Flor de calabaza?

Do you guys have Girasol seeds?

Do you guys know what is JUINIQUIL?

Do you guys have COYULES?

Do you guys have MEZQUITES?

Do you guys have TEJOCOTES?

How do you eat your JICAMAS?

How do your cheeses look and taste like?

Just curious,

Old 07-08-2014, 02:45 AM

4 posts, read 4,479 times
Let's see...

1. Papaya - the ripe ones we eat as a fruit while the unripe ones are kinda used as a vegetable.On the other hand, papayas which are not yet fully ripe are eaten by dipping it in a vinegar-salt mixture;
2. Chayote - called sayote in the Philippines is considered to be a vegetable and is used in some Filipino dishes;
3. Aguacate - is that an avocado? if it is, we usually use it in avocado shake.
4. Jicamas - called singkamas in the Philippines and is used in salads or is dipped in a vinegar-salt mixture.
5. Cheese - there are different kinds of cheese sold in the Philippines and it comes in different shapes and sizes. I usually eat cheddar cheese which taste salty. With respect to locally made cheese, all I know is the "kesong puti" (white cheese), however, I haven't eaten kesong puti so I don't know how it tastes.

I am not familiar with some of the things that you listed but other Filipinos might know about them.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:31 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talktodhand View Post
Let's see...

1. Papaya - the ripe ones we eat as a fruit while the unripe ones are kinda used as a vegetable.On the other hand, papayas which are not yet fully ripe are eaten by dipping it in a vinegar-salt mixture;
2. Chayote - called sayote in the Philippines is considered to be a vegetable and is used in some Filipino dishes;
3. Aguacate - is that an avocado? if it is, we usually use it in avocado shake.
4. Jicamas - called singkamas in the Philippines and is used in salads or is dipped in a vinegar-salt mixture.
5. Cheese - there are different kinds of cheese sold in the Philippines and it comes in different shapes and sizes. I usually eat cheddar cheese which taste salty. With respect to locally made cheese, all I know is the "kesong puti" (white cheese), however, I haven't eaten kesong puti so I don't know how it tastes.

I am not familiar with some of the things that you listed but other Filipinos might know about them.
Kesong puti originally spelled as Quesong Puti ( literally translated as white cheese ) is from carabao's milk.
It is my favourite local cheese. It is soft and salty, a bit like Goat cheese.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:45 AM

282 posts, read 707,949 times
Hi Friends! let me add some.. =)

Also, Carabao Mozzarella Cheese and Pastillas de Leche in Nueva Ecija Province. I've tried once almost similar to the traditional Mozzarella Cheese though less oily for me. (though the review had an other comment on the texture)

Available in some local supermarket around GMA areas

link:
Market Manila - Kesong Puti & Kalabaw Mozzarella / Carabao Milk Cheeses - General

Old 07-08-2014, 03:57 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rajko View Post
Hi Friends! let me add some.. =)

Also, Carabao Mozzarella Cheese and Pastillas de Leche in Nueva Ecija Province. I've tried once almost similar to the traditional Mozzarella Cheese though less oily for me. (though the review had an other comment on the texture)

Available in some local supermarket around GMA areas

link:
Market Manila - Kesong Puti & Kalabaw Mozzarella / Carabao Milk Cheeses - General
I love Pastillas de Leche that is really made from
Carabao's milk. It's so soft and yummy.

Pastillas de Leche is another Spanish contribution to our culture. I guess almost all of our traditional pastries and sweets are all influenced by Spain including Yemas, Polvorones, turrones although I prefer our polvoron and yemas than the Spanish ones.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:05 PM

I'm still waiting for your favorite songs from you favorite artists,

Foro Cuando calienta el sol • Ver Tema - Musica de Filipinas.

Don't let me choose the material, it might not be that good, you guys are the experts.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:06 PM

What's Carabao?

Old 07-12-2014, 01:52 AM

732 posts, read 779,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post
What's Carabao?
Water buffalo.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:01 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Too bad Filipino poster Pinai doesn't frequent city data as before, she knows loads of classic Filipino songs that are a bit similar to Mexican Mariachi songs. Those songs were produced when the Philippines was still more in touched with their hispanic culture. The Filipino songs nowadays do not have any hispanic touch.
I'm back I'll try to post later on. well right now most of the pop music are more on english and american influences

Old 07-17-2014, 10:06 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post
We don't have pastillas de leche,

Are these images foreign to you guys?

The way people sells fruit?

How about these?

Mangos & Jicamas con chile,

My guess is you don't use these items like this, do you?

Guacamole & Elotes con crema y chile

By the way CAJETA or DULCE DE LECHE was born in Celaya Guanajuato, and pass it over the rest of the Latin countries.
well we eat grilled corn and we usually put butter or just eat like that. The avocado I just put cube ice, milk and put little sugar then eat or just make a shake. hmmm is that ripe mango? we also eat jicama or singkamas but we don't have the orange or red powder that you put.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia