Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2014, 05:32 PM

570 posts, read 491,091 times

Advertisements

Well it's been 200 years without the Filipino brothers, and we still find plenty of similarities and as we are now discovering is because we were one nation separated by a large amount of water.
We are now seen that our foods look familiar as well as our traditions, and attitudes. For some reasons we are finding out that our peoples are sexually attracted for some reason.
Now we know that Filipinos were part of the Mexican independence and were common to engage in the Mexican daily life, and we Mexicans and Filipinos are finding out how important we were to each other.

Let's make some points to remember were our nation were back then: La Nueva España was the superpower of the moment in many terms, the trade was done in REALES not dollars or anything else, the commerce, business or whatever you want to call it was basically done in our terms, that the only chance other nations had was to still the merchandise.

The movement of things, peoples, traditions, and many other things was hot and increasing thanks to our nation intentions to be united, not to mention that "mother country"(Spain) was getting a big part of the price without moving a finger or maybe just the middle one.

I have the feeling that we would have done better united than separated as we did(and lost a lot) by been greedy and stupid, Mexico lost lots of territory and had so many problems of so many kinds.
I have no idea about the problems the Philippines had to face with out it's big brother, but I think Filipinos had plenty also.

There is no way to go back, but we can go forward!

Old 06-15-2014, 05:51 PM

We know that Filipinos took part in the Mexican independence, but YOU Filipinos were missed for the next 200 years and counting, you were not there in 1910, when Mexicans rised against Spaniards owning all of the land and didn't want share a piece of it, they wanted to keep the indigenous peoples oppressed and tried to exterminate the rest of them with hunger.

You were not there either when President Lazaro Cardenas started another revolution MUSIC REVOLUTION, yes the music you know as Mexican music became popular because Cardenas pushed it through. The music that was played back then was walls or other European type, but only in Mexico city not the rest of the country, were the ranchero music was and still is been produced in all rancherias and small cities.

YOU could have been there, but you were not...

I can't help to dream about if you guys were still with us, and exchanging music, food, and many other traditions that were left and could had been trespassed to our nation in both side of the heck of big sea.

Think about it,

Old 06-16-2014, 09:10 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,805,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post
We know that Filipinos took part in the Mexican independence, but YOU Filipinos were missed for the next 200 years and counting, you were not there in 1910, when Mexicans rised against Spaniards owning all of the land and didn't want share a piece of it, they wanted to keep the indigenous peoples oppressed and tried to exterminate the rest of them with hunger.

You were not there either when President Lazaro Cardenas started another revolution MUSIC REVOLUTION, yes the music you know as Mexican music became popular because Cardenas pushed it through. The music that was played back then was walls or other European type, but only in Mexico city not the rest of the country, were the ranchero music was and still is been produced in all rancherias and small cities.

YOU could have been there, but you were not...

I can't help to dream about if you guys were still with us, and exchanging music, food, and many other traditions that were left and could had been trespassed to our nation in both side of the heck of big sea.

Think about it,
You weren't there in 1910, either!

Old 06-16-2014, 09:11 AM

I wonder if Filipinos are considered the "Mexicans" of Asia - that is, people who do the hard work in wealthier Asian nations for little money.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:20 PM

I should clarify my previous comment by saying that I do not intend it to be insulting to be Filipino people. Here in the United States, some people have the idea that Mexicans are the ones people hire to do the jobs that the "natives" don't want to do, supposedly because they worker harder and for less money. I wonder if people in wealthier Asian nations have that kind of attitude toward Filipinos.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I wonder if Filipinos are considered the "Mexicans" of Asia - that is, people who do the hard work in wealthier Asian nations for little money.
From what I read on the internet so far about migrants to South Korea and Japan, your thoughts seem to be correct. For that reason, as well, they aren't very well liked in east Asia it seems.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:00 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,399,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
From what I read on the internet so far about migrants to South Korea and Japan, your thoughts seem to be correct. For that reason, as well, they aren't very well liked in east Asia it seems.
Alot of East Asians don't seem to like anyone outside their own nationalities. Filipinos are much freindlier and more likable people than East Asians.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:42 PM

I don't think Filipinos should be offended by been called Mexicans of the pacific or the Mexicans be called Filipinos of the Americas.

I see Filipinos preoccupied for how they look and not been accepted by their nations neighbors.
It's the same case of Brazil, their body(territory) is in the American continent but their soul(traditions) is African.

Let me tell you how the Mexicans become to look the way we do, indigenous people is the one that occupies most of the territory, but immigration to the country makes the mix a little more interesting, here some of states ethnic composition:
Jalisco: Spaniards, indigenous(Huicholes), French.
Guanajuato: Spaniards, indigenous(Aztec, Purepechas), Americans.
Guerrero: Spaniards, indigenous(different groups), Africans(Black).
Michoacan: Spaniards, indigenous(purepechas), Italians, French.
And so on, the more immigrants the state has/had the more diverse the population gets, so the Mexican family looks like a rainbow, most of our families have blond guys with blue or green eyes and dark skin ones all in the same family.

So, we don't really care about "looks" because we have all of the colors, regardless of how we look we are proud to be called Mexicans regardless of how we look or where we were born.

My suggestion is just be proud of yourself and how you become to be you!

Saludos hermanos Filipinos!

Old 06-17-2014, 11:15 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,089,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Yes in Asia, they are paid very little. They do all the house work plus baby sitting plus tutoring for little money yet they are still discriminated by some.

Quite different though in Anglo nations because they get to have better and well paid jobs. Many are nurses.

In the middle east, many work as engineers and construction workers.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:19 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,089,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Alot of East Asians don't seem to like anyone outside their own nationalities. Filipinos are much freindlier and more likable people than East Asians.
Thank you Luis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia