Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,202,124 times

Advertisements

The Korean Wave is just a phase. Korean drama peaked on that show set in Nami Island. KPOP peaked on Gangnam Style. It is not only the Philippines where these are shown or heard. But Koreans mostly keep to themselves and a lot in the Philippines stay for a few months or a year but rarely for good. That explains the Korean churches, and if you know the cost of living in Seoul especially in the famed Gangnam, it is easy to understand why they stay that long in the Philippines for a gap year.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,202,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well in Korea itself very oriental looking people are not popular.
Most of them went under a knife.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:10 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Well in Korea itself very oriental looking people are not popular.
How come ? they all look very oriental

Last edited by Hermosaa; 04-02-2014 at 11:25 AM..

Old 04-02-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
The Korean Wave is just a phase. Korean drama peaked on that show set in Nami Island. KPOP peaked on Gangnam Style. It is not only the Philippines where these are shown or heard. But Koreans mostly keep to themselves and a lot in the Philippines stay for a few months or a year but rarely for good. That explains the Korean churches, and if you know the cost of living in Seoul especially in the famed Gangnam, it is easy to understand why they stay that long in the Philippines for a gap year.
That's what I told myself 10 years ago, but then it's already been 10 years and the Korean fever is still there. I just hope it's not really permanent.
The girl who won the Miss Foreignay in Eat Bulaga has been living in the Philippines for 6 years already. There are some in my hometown that went there in primary and now they are already in Secondary and are still there.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:30 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
That's what I told myself 10 years ago, but then it's already been 10 years and the Korean fever is still there. I just hope it's not really permanent.
The girl who won the Miss Foreignay in Eat Bulaga has been living in the Philippines for 6 years already. There are some in my hometown that went there in primary and now they are already in Secondary and are still there.
I actually check that eat bulaga segment of foreignay and foreignoy lol.. it's actually nice to check those 100% foreign but 100% Filipino and Filipina at heart I also like how they dress up in Filipino and those related Filipino Culture Question and Talent portion.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:38 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,803,961 times
There was a long article in the September 1990 issue of National Geographic titled "Track of the Manila Galleons". It described the transportation of treasure between Manila and Acapulco, Mexico when they were part of the Spanish Empire. God bless.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:04 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,112,511 times
A Filipina traveler to Mexico

MEXICO LINDO - HD - YouTube
Lol I was laughing when she was talking to a cab driver for discount
and left her hahaa..

Old 06-11-2014, 10:12 PM

570 posts, read 490,917 times
Hi, I'm Mexican reading most of your posts...and realizing how come our nations have been ignoring the fact that we are brothers, regardless of how we might physically look.
Even inside the Mexican territory people look different depending on the state they are from.

Saludos a todos mis hermanos Filipinos, algun dia volveremos a reanudar nuestras relaciones!

Old 06-11-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Brown. View Post
Hi, I'm Mexican reading most of your posts...and realizing how come our nations have been ignoring the fact that we are brothers, regardless of how we might physically look.
Even inside the Mexican territory people look different depending on the state they are from.

Saludos a todos mis hermanos Filipinos, algun dia volveremos a reanudar nuestras relaciones!
Gracias y Saludos tambien amigo SK Brown...Si espero que nuestros paises reavivar nuestra amistad perdido y hermandad.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:00 AM

570 posts, read 490,917 times
Our nations, were one nation with 250 years of history(TOGETHER), Mexico as a nation has only 200 at this time.
All of this time our people have with plenty of misconceptions due to ignorance... lets try to reverse that.

Mexico has never been JUST a Aztec nation, There have been several other groups of indigenous people at the same period of time.

An other one very common is that our traditions came from Spain, some of them did but most of them were created by our ancestors in a join venture...to the extend that in Spain some of them are ignored or never been done or known, only the Philippines and us know about them such as in the case of food TAMALES or TUBA, by the way is known that TUBA is the mother of TEQUILA, because before this fermented drink came to "Aztec" lands the indigenous people didn't have liquors in their uses.
"Aguas frescas" also are not been used or known in Spain, we are the only ones who use them.

So, for so many years our nations were not only one nation in NAME but in culture and costumes thats for sure.
Our people were mixed as explained in specific areas were the activities were more intense, and the peoples ethnicities were also diverse, I have read(somewhere) that even Samurais were in those galleons in charge of security because of the pirates... true or not, still interesting how our nations were so united that feels that we had lost so much with the separation of our people.

Saludos Hermosa,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia