Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2019, 03:41 AM

546 posts, read 572,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
yeah, all Filipinos looks more pure ( face, skin ) and even have features like us in Indonesia and Malaysia and they try to say they are mixed races mixed with Spanish, Chinese or anything this pretty awful ..claims and claims
Genotyp does not equal phenotype. I have a whole collection of Filipino DNA samples from 23andme; some indeed have Chinese or Latino descent but it does not apply to all though, Latino and Chinese admixed Filipinos are in the minority. About 27% and 13% of the population respectively, that's according to Y-DNA though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 04:45 AM

1,002 posts, read 914,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
I and the other Filipino here never claimed that most Filipinos are mixed with Spanish it's just other people not in this forum. At most, according to genetic studies only 13% of Filipino males have Spanish Y-DNA. With women it's even less since the foreign line is inherited via male progeny since most colonists here are male.

And lol at you saying we are not proud of our country that is absolutely false and you are deliberately lying, which is bad. You often complain about our pride in Manila vs Jakarta thread which you also frequent too.
Filipinos do not have Spanish ancestry or Chinese

the most commonly accepted with common sense

a. http://ortholife.co/wp-content/uploa...ld-in-1600.jpg

b. https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...1/F1.large.jpg

c. https://media.nature.com/lw926/natur...mms5689-f2.jpg

most genetic Filipinos is Austronesian that shares the most with the Pacific Islands , Malaysia, Indonesia even as far as Haawai and Madagascar

btw ..this the most recent research on the origin of native Indonesians

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/...ally-mean.html

reported that the word was commonly used to describe people who had been inhabiting one area for generations. For Indonesian natives, science proved the opposite.

Eijkman Institute researcher professor Herawati said that there was no dominant gene in the western and eastern parts of Indonesia. Meanwhile, in the northern part, the dominant gene was the Austroasiatic gene, followed by Austronesians.

The genetic mixture was the result the human migration, namely earliest human, Austroasiatic and Austronesians migrations.

Moreover, as the archipelago is nestled between the Indian and Pacific oceans, the country was once a trading center, creating a greater mixture of genes.

In 2017, Herawati and her colleagues from the Indonesian Academy of Sciences (AIPI) studied 500 DNA samples from 25 regions in Asia. She discovered that when one’s DNA is tested, the result shows a mixture of Chinese, Indian and European genes. (jes/kes)

Old 06-13-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Filipinos do not have Spanish ancestry or Chinese

the most commonly accepted with common sense

a. http://ortholife.co/wp-content/uploa...ld-in-1600.jpg

b. https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...1/F1.large.jpg

c. https://media.nature.com/lw926/natur...mms5689-f2.jpg

most genetic Filipinos is Austronesian that shares the most with the Pacific Islands , Malaysia, Indonesia even as far as Haawai and Madagascar

btw ..this the most recent research on the origin of native Indonesians

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/...ally-mean.html

reported that the word was commonly used to describe people who had been inhabiting one area for generations. For Indonesian natives, science proved the opposite.

Eijkman Institute researcher professor Herawati said that there was no dominant gene in the western and eastern parts of Indonesia. Meanwhile, in the northern part, the dominant gene was the Austroasiatic gene, followed by Austronesians.

The genetic mixture was the result the human migration, namely earliest human, Austroasiatic and Austronesians migrations.

Moreover, as the archipelago is nestled between the Indian and Pacific oceans, the country was once a trading center, creating a greater mixture of genes.

In 2017, Herawati and her colleagues from the Indonesian Academy of Sciences (AIPI) studied 500 DNA samples from 25 regions in Asia. She discovered that when one’s DNA is tested, the result shows a mixture of Chinese, Indian and European genes. (jes/kes)
How many times do I have to say that those maps and graphs you cited are 10 years old. Also the first map is already wrong since it doesnt even put the route where Spaniards Latinized the Americas if we believe your map then most of Latin America would still be Native American which is not. It's full of outdated data. I cited the National Geographic the most prestigious Science Publication in the world and they unequivocally say that *SOME Filipinos have Spanish (Mostly Latino) or Chinese descent it is no contest, most people would trust a Science Publication more than the mostly limited range of a single scientist. Begone you accuser!

Old 06-13-2019, 06:57 PM

400 posts, read 240,023 times
Quote:
How many times do I have to say that those maps and graphs you cited are 10 years old. Also the first map is already wrong since it doesnt even put the route where Spaniards Latinized the Americas if we believe your map then most of Latin America would still be Native American which is not. It's full of outdated data. I cited the National Geographic the most prestigious Science Publication in the world and they unequivocally say that *SOME Filipinos have Spanish (Mostly Latino) or Chinese descent it is no contest, most people would trust a Science Publication more than the mostly limited range of a single scientist. Begone you accuser!
Actually almost nothing has changed in the last 10 years when we talk about genetic mixture of a nation. Filipinos having "Spanish blood" is like saying Indonesian has "Dutch blood". Which is so insignificant tiny portion of population to talk about, even when we count the Indische (Half Indo-Dutch born prior to independence, which approx 5 Million, spread across Indonesia, The Netherlands, USA, Australia).

You can not judge genetic mixture of a nation based on data from entity like 23andMe. Those data come from people who registered their DNA by buying not so cheap testing kit. Almost certain they are the "confused" one about their ancestors since they don't look "pure" like native that feel the urge to spend money to know it.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:22 PM

1,002 posts, read 914,690 times
Quote:
10 years or the latest research ,I put maps and graphs are the fact research DNA is most accurate and acceptable with common sense, filipinos is Austronesian with very less of some mixtures of 0 - 1% Europe and Chinese

this video is proof exactly like my comment and how you just keep on maintaining the wrong assumption
Pinoy and his wife Hmong Chinese they talking about they DNA " we are surprised and shocked from the DNA test results! We were pretty sure - we had to be at least 99% ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m_5PPtZ0UA

other Filipino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ95on7q9KE

Old 06-14-2019, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Actually almost nothing has changed in the last 10 years when we talk about genetic mixture of a nation. Filipinos having "Spanish blood" is like saying Indonesian has "Dutch blood". Which is so insignificant tiny portion of population to talk about, even when we count the Indische (Half Indo-Dutch born prior to independence, which approx 5 Million, spread across Indonesia, The Netherlands, USA, Australia).

You can not judge genetic mixture of a nation based on data from entity like 23andMe. Those data come from people who registered their DNA by buying not so cheap testing kit. Almost certain they are the "confused" one about their ancestors since they don't look "pure" like native that feel the urge to spend money to know it.
Honestly both of you are WASTING MY TIME with your cherry picking

Here's the result of the Spanish Census of Luzon. Where 1/2 of Filipinos live, about 1/3rd of them have Spanish or Latino descent.

People and Prospects of the Philippines

Blackwood’s magazine for August, 1818, has an account of conditions in Manila and the Philippines from data given by an English merchant who left the Islands in 1798 after twenty years’ residence in which he accumulated a fortune.

“Your first question, with respect to the Spanish population, must refer to native Spaniards only; as their numerous descendants, through all the variety of half-castes, would include one third at least of the whole population of Luconia (i.e., Luzon–A. C.)

“Of native Spaniards, accordingly, settled in the Philippine Islands, the total number may be stated at 2,000 not military. The military, including all descriptions, men and officers, are about 2,500, out of which number the native regiments are officered These last, in 1796-7, were almost entirely composed of South Americans and were reckoned at 5,000 men, making a military force of about 7,500.

“The castes bearing a mixture of the Spanish blood are in Luconia alone at least 200,000. The Sangleys, or Chinese descendants, are upwards of 20,000, and Indians, who call themselves the original Tagalas, about 340,000, making a total population in that island of about 600,000 souls. What may be the respective numbers in the other Philippine Islands I never had any opportunity of learning.â€

The Former Philippines thru Foreign Eyes - Part VI (by Fedor Jagor et al)

This is direct from censuses in the Spanish era. 1/3rd of Luzon had Spanish and Latino descent.

Applied Biosystem's Genetic Y-DNA Bank. Spanish Y DNA at 13% and Chinese Y DNA at 27%

I also lol at your methodology you deny the veracity of genetic tests by 23andme when I present it but then use 23andme when it's in your favor, you both are scheming snakes with problems in honesty.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:10 AM

400 posts, read 240,023 times
Quote:
Honestly both of you are WASTING MY TIME with your cherry picking

Here's the result of the Spanish Census of Luzon. Where 1/2 of Filipinos live, about 1/3rd of them have Spanish or Latino descent.

People and Prospects of the Philippines

Blackwood’s magazine for August, 1818, has an account of conditions in Manila and the Philippines from data given by an English merchant who left the Islands in 1798 after twenty years’ residence in which he accumulated a fortune.

“Your first question, with respect to the Spanish population, must refer to native Spaniards only; as their numerous descendants, through all the variety of half-castes, would include one third at least of the whole population of Luconia (i.e., Luzon–A. C.)

“Of native Spaniards, accordingly, settled in the Philippine Islands, the total number may be stated at 2,000 not military. The military, including all descriptions, men and officers, are about 2,500, out of which number the native regiments are officered These last, in 1796-7, were almost entirely composed of South Americans and were reckoned at 5,000 men, making a military force of about 7,500.

“The castes bearing a mixture of the Spanish blood are in Luconia alone at least 200,000. The Sangleys, or Chinese descendants, are upwards of 20,000, and Indians, who call themselves the original Tagalas, about 340,000, making a total population in that island of about 600,000 souls. What may be the respective numbers in the other Philippine Islands I never had any opportunity of learning.”

The Former Philippines thru Foreign Eyes - Part VI (by Fedor Jagor et al)

This is direct from censuses in the Spanish era. 1/3rd of Luzon had Spanish and Latino descent.

Applied Biosystem's Genetic Y-DNA Bank. Spanish Y DNA at 13% and Chinese Y DNA at 27%

I also lol at your methodology you deny the veracity of genetic tests by 23andme when I present it but then use 23andme when it's in your favor, you both are scheming snakes with problems in honesty.
When did I say a thing about 23andme before my prev statement? Check your fact so you won't make fun of yourself.

Thought you were different. Turn out to be just another Pinoy hungry of some recognition.

I'm tired of fooling around with your delusions. Just look at reality, shall we? Look at your fellow countrymen, do they look like Brazilian or Mexican? Hell No! They look native Malay, you Special Snowflake! Stop talking nonsense here. No one will buy your cheap lies.

Just randomly take few news clips, look at those faces, do they look like Mestizo to you?

In contrast with your actors/actresses in mainstream showbiz industry.

Meh ...

Old 06-14-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
When did I say a thing about 23andme before my prev statement? Check your fact so you won't make fun of yourself.

Thought you were different. Turn out to be just another Pinoy hungry of some recognition.

I'm tired of fooling around with your delusions. Just look at reality, shall we? Look at your fellow countrymen, do they look like Brazilian or Mexican? Hell No! They look native Malay, you Special Snowflake! Stop talking nonsense here. No one will buy your cheap lies.

Just randomly take few news clips, look at those faces, do they look like Mestizo to you?

In contrast with your actors/actresses in mainstream showbiz industry.

Meh ...
Tucking Cherry Picker. I can also selectively pick up crowd pics or videos or Filipinos with more Chinese or Latino features if I happen to videotape in Binondo or Cavite. Still, OFFICIAL Spanish Censuses themselves describe 1/3rd of Luzon to have Spanish Admixture, I'm sorry if you can't accept reality or census data, it's really your problem not mine stop making a fool out of yourself. Also I never claimed that Latin or Chinese looking Filipinos are the majority I always said from Stage 1 that most Filipinos look Malay I've always stated that Latin and Chinese hybrids form a minority.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:11 PM

1,117 posts, read 848,283 times
Quote:

Well I haven't seen any studies that show that most Indonesians are mixed with Dutch. This study had over 7500 Asian participants including over 1,700 Filipinos and they specifically mention Filipinos being mixed with European in their abstract:

"We observe individuals who are 100% East Asian, but also individuals with mixed East Asian-European ancestry. Subjects of Filipino ethnicity have a more continous European ancestry proportion distribution compared to other subjects, having, on average, a minimum of 5% European ancestry proportion. For these subjects we analyse expected allele frequencies given the admixture process and also calculate timing of the admixture events that gave rise to the current genetic structure of Filipinos. Analyses of some Y-chromsome loci also give further evidence of European admixture in Filipinos."

Investigating European admixture in GERA East Asians.

It's from 2014 and it's the largest study on Filipino genetics.

This confirms what we've been saying. Nobody is saying that most Filipinos have a significant amount of European. Most have some admixture but usually just a small amount.

And the Philippines still has a visible Eurasian population and even pure Spanish families still living there. See this post for European colonial families still living in the Philippines. https://www.city-data.com/forum/54647785-post36.html

I see Eurasians on a daily basis and nobody even cares because they're so integrated into the culture.

It's very different from Indonesia, where almost all of the Dutch left. Why would they stay where their culture is so different from most Indonesians? In the Philippines, the Spanish have mostly the same culture and religion as most Filipinos. That's why a lot never left

Old 06-14-2019, 09:17 PM

1,117 posts, read 848,283 times
Btw. Lots of Filipinos can pass as Mexicans and Brazilians out of coincidence because lots of people in those countries look Southeast Asian. I've met several tourists in the Philippines from Latin America and they've said that Filipinos talk to them in Tagalog and mistake them for locals. It's not hard for Latinos to pass in the Philippines as long as they're not the white kind

This guy is 100% Asian with no European but he can easily pass as Mexican

This guy is 10% European but looks like a regular Filipino

And this Filipino is also around 10% European but he looks completely different from the previous guy and people in the comments are saying he looks half black half white.

So my point is, you can't always rely on phenotype to determine genotype

Last edited by manolopo; 06-14-2019 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia