Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2019, 02:16 AM

400 posts, read 240,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
why pinoy always make argument that they are a mixed race?
Filipinos is are not a mixture of european or spanish and not include latino/mixed european . the majority Filipinos have local looking than mixed and almost all Filipino populations Tagalog,Visayan etc have genetically 98 - 99 % Austronesian blood

Link Genetic Asians and Pacific Islander

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._movements.png
That map I believe is for migration prior to colonization by western power. It well explains how Indonesians have significant portion of Thai/Cambodia genes in our blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 02:26 AM

546 posts, read 574,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Nope. In that era, discrimination was very real. Except for special cases, legal intermarriages rarely happened. And that 18,000 figure was for 100 years period. And check your list again, Formosa is called "Taiwan", and Moluccas is called "Maluku" now, and I'm sure both are not Philippines.
Wtf are you talking about? Our Spanish ancestors were not racist Germanics unlike you Dutch and English. The Spanish had no problem mixing with the natives in their colonies as you can see with Mexico and the Philippines. Whereas Anglos and the Dutch GENOCIDED the natives in their colonies like in America where Native Americans were wiped out or in South Africa where your Dutch descendant Afrikaner population did genocides and Apartheids on the Native Africans. Don't compare your standard with ours since there was a very high degree of Spanish mixing with natives in all their colonies unlike with the Netherlands as what happened in South Africa.

Quote:
In Indonesia, majority of Dutch Indonesian who chose not to emigrate were the descendants of concubinage in the past. And the number was not that significant (nowhere near 1/3 of population). Though if we counted anyone who had tiny weeny bit of European genes as the result of intermarriages centuries ago, the number might be significant. But what's the point? They will look just like other native Asian.

Indonesian and Filipino may be comparable, just the mindset is quite the opposite. You portray your fellow countrymen and country as highly "Latin", while Indonesians love to show how diverse we are as nation with hundreds of tribes and languages. As Dutch-Indonesian myself, I choose to identify myself as Javanese (my tribal identity) anytime, anywhere, than showing off my European background.
Most Spanish Filipinos also identify as their regional ethnicity too instead of Spanish this or that. Ask a person from Cavite who are descended from Mexican soldiers or people from Cainta Rizal who are descendants of Indian Sepoys and both will just say they are Tagalogs.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:30 AM

Quote:
That map I believe is for migration prior to colonization by western power. It well explains how Indonesians have significant portion of Thai/Cambodia genes in our blood.

I'm not contesting that. I'm just saying that it's incomplete.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
It's not us who make this claim you biased one. Notice how Manolopo cited an English traveler and I cited Spanish Censuses? Geeze if non-Filipinos themselves claim this, why are you still disbelieving?

You can also look at international genetic studies here which show that almost 15% of Filipinos have Latin Y-DNA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos

It's not us who claim this it's other people.
Read the full article

Quote:
The largest and most recent genetic study thus far, conducted by the National Geographic's "The Genographic Project", based on a massive genetic testing of 80,000 Filipinos by the National Geographic in 2008–2009 found that the Philippines’ autosomal genepool is overwhelmingly Asian, consisting of 53% Southeast Asian and Oceanian genes, and 36% East Asian genes, with only 5% Southern European genes, 3% South Asian (Indian subcontinent) genes, and 2% Native American genes. Note that these percentages do not represent the average admixture of every Filipino, but rather represents the genepool of all Filipinos combined, with each individual Filipino varying or even lacking any degree of admixture from one or more said ancestries.
See?

Old 07-01-2019, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Read the full article

See?

There is no conflict, Y-DNA is the DNA inherited only by males while the Automosal DNA is the whole Genome of a person both male and female.

It just means that paternally speaking around 13.33% of Filipino males have direct Latin Paternal descent while the total summed up descent of 5% South European and 3% Native American among Filipinos already included women who are less racially admixed, notice that its combined 7% is half than the 13% among males? Because that part included women already.

Old 07-01-2019, 03:13 AM

Quote:
There is no conflict, Y-DNA is the DNA inherited only by males while the Automosal DNA is the whole Genome of a person both male and female.

It just means that paternally speaking around 13.33% of Filipino males have direct Latin Paternal descent while the total summed up descent of 5% South European and 3% Native American among Filipinos already included women who are less racially admixed, notice that its combined 7% is half than the 13% among males? Because that part included women already.
Did you just divide 13% by two (male and female)?
It doesn't work that way, dude .... We are not solving simple Math problem here.

The difference was caused mainly by distribution and quantity of the samples.
Anyway, will you change your previous claim?

Quote:
You can also look at international genetic studies here which show that almost 15% of Filipinos have Latin Y-DNA.

Old 07-01-2019, 03:40 AM

1,112 posts, read 853,028 times
15% is only the Filipinos whose father’s father’s father’s etc line came from Europe. It doesnt tell you about all the hundreds of other lines of ancestry that each person has. So a Filipino with European Y-dna can be 100% European all the way to 0.1% European. It just depends on what their other lines of ancestry are. So 15% isnt the total number of Filipinos with any European ancestry, its just Filipinos with a very specific line of ancestry. For example, if my mother’s father was pure Spanish, I still wouldnt be part of that 15% because it would have to be my father’s father.

From what ive seen on 23andme, at least 80% of Filipinos on there have some amount of European, usually hovering around the 1% average. Many have none at all and the highest amoubt ive seen from a full Filipino with 4 Filipino grandparents was 40%. That likely doesnt represent the average Filipino because 23andme doesnt ship to the Philippines.. More like the middle or upper-middle class who could afford to leave and have a reason to leave. The poor classes obviously cant leave, and upper classes (mostly Chinese and Spanish Filipinos) dont really have a reason to leave.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:22 PM

1,004 posts, read 919,809 times
we commented is not because we are Jealous because Filipinos have a mixture of Europe(Spanish ) or Chinese in the people of your country, we are fellow Southeast Asian people remind each other of claims that are not based * Your pity will be ridiculed by other nations duhh
yeah same just like the Dutch colonizing Indonesia and Indonesians claim they have Dutch ancestors? while the genetic studies that have accurate so far are almost certainly all Filipinos have large Austronesian/Filipinos genes with a low percentages from European and Chinese genes

Old 07-02-2019, 12:08 AM

1,004 posts, read 919,809 times
Quote:
Exctally..yeah btw I've even said in my previous comments I've been to Thailand, Laos and Malaysia when I there I was always thought of as locals , especially when I was in Thailand ... but in Hanoi (Vietnam ) I still be distinguished from the locals

Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
we commented is not because we are Jealous because Filipinos have a mixture of Europe(Spanish ) or Chinese in the people of your country, we are fellow Southeast Asian people remind each other of claims that are not based * Your pity will be ridiculed by other nations duhh
yeah same just like the Dutch colonizing Indonesia and Indonesians claim they have Dutch ancestors? while the genetic studies that have accurate so far are almost certainly all Filipinos have large Austronesian/Filipinos genes with a low percentages from European and Chinese genes

Well you changed your tone, at least from saying that Filipinos have no Chinese or European descent to admitting that most Filipinos actually have partial European and Chinese descent (Native American and Indian too) but only in a minor percentage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia