Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2019, 06:58 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
not honest and you are honest ?? the example I saw on FB they doesn't live in Philipines..or married with Pinay you claim they is Spanish live in Philipines ...
I'm honest and every pics that I post they live in Indonesia and outside. how do you claim that Philipines has the highest Eurasian in Asian ?? Or are you Nonoy really proud with colonial blood Or worship white ??
I think you were talking about this guy, Carlos Aboitiz

Yeah, he might look like a white foreigner married to a Filipina, but he's actually a full Filipino married to a Filipina. He was born, raised, and still lives in the Philippines.

This is his family, and both parents are Filipino

The father is an Aboitiz, originally from the Basque part of Spain, but they've been in the Philippines since the late 1800s. The mother is a Cabarrus, a family that was originally from France and then moved to Spain, and then to the Philippines.

Quote:
Cabarrus originally settled in Madrid as a soap manufacturer but soon became conspicuous within a circle of enlightened reformers who advised the king. His ideas were crucial in the creation of the first Spanish central bank in 1783. He also was involved in the formation of a company to trade with the Philippines, and the reform of currency and taxation. He was made conde de Cabarrus in 1789 by Charles IV but fell into disgrace the following year.
https://www.britannica.com/biography...de-de-Cabarrus

Both the Aboitiz and Cabarrus family still have a lot of descendants living in the Philippines. Here's an article about Carlos and his Aboitiz cousins. They still live and work in the Philippines, even after 5 generations
https://www.rappler.com/life-and-sty...boitiz-leaders

And here's one of his Cabarrus cousins, Ines (she still lives in the Philippines)

So there's all your proof that yes, he lives in the Philippines, and no he's not foreign. Just because someone looks foreign, doesn't mean they are. The Philippines still has a European colonial population, while Indonesia forced them all out or killed them.

If you need me to clarify any of the other pics, just message me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 12:36 AM

90 posts, read 111,114 times
Quote:
not honest and you are honest ?? the example I saw on FB they doesn't live in Philipines..or married with Pinay you claim they is Spanish live in Philipines ...
I'm honest and every pics that I post they live in Indonesia and outside. how do you claim that Philipines has the highest Eurasian in Asian ?? Or are you Nonoy really proud with colonial blood Or worship white ??
hai Michiko, don't believe all the photos are shared in thread thats is are not typical of the spanish - filipinas or spanish living in the philippines, he share all nice photos about white people and claims their in photos is spanish - filipinas wkwkwkw , but actually it's not

Old 08-13-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
hai Michiko, don't believe all the photos are shared in thread thats is are not typical of the spanish - filipinas or spanish living in the philippines, he share all nice photos about white people and claims their in photos is spanish - filipinas wkwkwkw , but actually it's not
I already sent him a message that shows that these families still live in the Philippines. I’ll send you one too. Check your messages. Let me know if you still have any questions

Old 08-14-2019, 01:14 AM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
1. I tracked their photos on Facebook and indeed my hunch is right that many from them are outside the Philippines look like the example of this girl wearing graduation clothes. She lived in Nevada,this photo when she graduated from America
https://i.ibb.co/N9vVhk1/33136393-10...98354688-n.jpg

2. this family lives in Belgium
https://i.ibb.co/bK6j9tg/msoc-2007-n02-p194-a01-v01.jpg

3.this family even this guy in the photo lives in london ( this pic maybe they vacation in phil )
https://i.ibb.co/Z2PCytq/12507315-12...82155621-n.jpg

to be honest if Spanish or whites born and live a long in the Philippines will surely write their photos on FB use Tagalog, but this is different they only use English and Spanish ... and many of their friends are white people, not Filipinos ... this so funny

Old 08-14-2019, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Remembet that it was Indonesian posters bragging about how they get white tourists while the Philippines “just gets the Asian ones” I’m just challenging the idea that Indonesia has the largest Eurasian population. There’s no proof for that. But there is proof that Indonesia forced out or massacred most of the Eurasian and European colonial population
actually Indonesia has a lot of western or White tourist visits, especially Bali and Lombok . btw many beautiful places in Philipines but still rarely tourists come there even Borochay though . and your friend @Nemal continues to write about tourists visiting Indonesia only from neighboring countries including Timor Leste I'm sure he laughed at that, but the ranking of foreign tourist visits coming to Indonesia is still far above the Philippines
tourists usually visit a beautiful country and also infrastructure that supports no wonder like Bali ton from foreign visitors
ok back to Topic !

Old 08-14-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
1. I tracked their photos on Facebook and indeed my hunch is right that many from them are outside the Philippines look like the example of this girl wearing graduation clothes. She lived in Nevada,this photo when she graduated from America
https://i.ibb.co/N9vVhk1/33136393-10...98354688-n.jpg

2. this family lives in Belgium
https://i.ibb.co/bK6j9tg/msoc-2007-n02-p194-a01-v01.jpg

3.this family even this guy in the photo lives in london ( this pic maybe they vacation in phil )
https://i.ibb.co/Z2PCytq/12507315-12...82155621-n.jpg

to be honest if Spanish or whites born and live a long in the Philippines will surely write their photos on FB use Tagalog, but this is different they only use English and Spanish ... and many of their friends are white people, not Filipinos ... this so funny

You're either intentionally lying or you didn't even read the messages I sent. You asked for proof, so I gave it. Please read the messages fully.

I explained all of this. The first pic is a girl who went to college in the US (not in Nevada, another state. You clearly didnt look at the message). But she's from the Philippines and then MOVED BACK to the Philippines after college (in that specific graduation pic, the caption was about moving back to Manila). I already clearly said that some of the kids go study abroad (because they're rich). But just because someone studies abroad, it doesn't change the fact that their home is in the Philippines. Most of them move back to the Philippines anyway.

The second family does not live in Belgium. I already explained this in the message. The pic comes from here (click the link)
https://deskgram.net/p/1612228326662140243_612810727
It's Inigo Zobel & Maricris Cardenas (they both live in the Philippines along with three of their kids)

The family actually has three daughters but two of them aren't in the picture. Here's an article about the girl in the picture about and another daughter not in the picture.

https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/23240...festyle-store/

One of the daughters (Natalia) says:
Quote:
“New York is fast-paced. It makes you tough. I realized that there’s no other place for me like home. I couldn’t live anywhere else (She's referring to the Philippines here),” she says.

One of her favorite places is the family farm in Calatagan (in the Philippines), which exudes casual and nderstated elegance with a down-to-earth mindset.

“We’re probinsyanas,” says Natalia. “Maria’s farm is next to ours. She’s also a Batangueña.”
And this is about the other daughter (Bianca):
Quote:
Although a graduate of Political Science from the American University in Paris, Bianca wanted to find her calling by taking short courses at the Philippine School of Interior Design, and studying Fashion Design in Madrid. Still, there’s no place like home, as the adage goes.

“I love to get away to Calatagan or Pamalican. My new favorite place is the town of El Nido. We’re fortunate to live in a beautiful country,” she says.
So both moved away for college/work, but then they moved back to the Philippines and that's where they live now. The two sisters have a store in Manila called Lanai.

And the last pic is Sofia Elizalde and Patxi Elizalde's family. Both are Filipino. Sofia Elizalde is from the Zobel de Ayala family, and Patxi is from the Elizalde Family. The family lives in the Philippines. I even showed you the facebook link. The mother has a dance studio in Manila.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SeSPqVeS00
She lives in Manila with her husband. The kids study at American universities.

This is one of the sons

Quote:
I didn’t have any break between college graduation and my first job, so I felt I needed a bit of time off to clear my mind a bit. Luckily, a great friend of mine, and college roommate, was in the same boat. We both had some money saved up from that year to do a quick trip to a few destinations in Asia. Namely, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and finally, my home country, The Philippines.
https://www.schoolcommunicationarts....atxi-elizalde/

The reason why they mostly write in English and Spanish on their Facebook is because those are usually their first and second languages. These are upper-class Filipinos. English is an official language in the Philippines and Spanish was an official language, but some of those families still use it. The other "white people" they're friends with are usually other Spanish-Filipinos who lives in the Philippines and abroad (usually Spain and Australia). If you used your brain, you could figure that out. I sent you another message btw with more proof.

Last edited by manolopo; 08-14-2019 at 06:24 AM..

Old 08-14-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
actually Indonesia has a lot of western or White tourist visits, especially Bali and Lombok . btw many beautiful places in Philipines but still rarely tourists come there even Borochay though . and your friend @Nemal continues to write about tourists visiting Indonesia only from neighboring countries including Timor Leste I'm sure he laughed at that, but the ranking of foreign tourist visits coming to Indonesia is still far above the Philippines
tourists usually visit a beautiful country and also infrastructure that supports no wonder like Bali ton from foreign visitors
ok back to Topic !

This thread isn't about foreign tourists who decided to stay. It's about descendants of European colonial families who still live in Asia. Indonesia mostly kicked them all out or massacred them. The Philippines only kicked out the colonial government. The actual European Filipinos who considered themselves Filipinos were allowed to stayed. Most of them were against the Spanish government, which is why they chose to stay in the Philippines.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
You're either intentionally lying or you didn't even read the messages I sent. You asked for proof, so I gave it. Please read the messages fully.

I'm not the one who deliberately lied , I read as I know and I explained in my comments .. even stupid or smart people though will know all pics in your post are actually they are not in the tropics like in Southeast Asia like Philipines even born and raised there
I search on geogle and several other sources about all pics of descendants Mestizo or Spanish in born the Philippines are indeed so much different as the photos that you share in this thread

Old 08-17-2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
I'm not the one who deliberately lied , I read as I know and I explained in my comments .. even stupid or smart people though will know all pics in your post are actually they are not in the tropics like in Southeast Asia like Philipines even born and raised there
I search on geogle and several other sources about all pics of descendants Mestizo or Spanish in born the Philippines are indeed so much different as the photos that you share in this thread
When did I say the pictures themselves were taken in the Philippines? Please quote that post. I'll wait....

I said the families LIVE IN THE PHILIPPINES. Does that mean every picture they take is in the Philippines? No. They go on vacation, they study abroad, etc etc. The point is that they still LIVE IN THE PHILIPPINES. And I've proven that point. You don't want to admit that you're wrong, so you say "Well, the pictures weren't taken in the Philippines" as if that is relevant at all

Can you actually prove what you're saying? Like, can you prove that this family lives in Belgium?

where in the world did you get that from?

And that this family lives in the UK?

I already showed you that that's not true. And are you blind? This pic is clearly in the tropics. (But that point is irrelevant anyway)

Not all Spanish mestizos look the same. There is a range of looks. Some look completely white, like those families ^ , while others look more Filipino. Like this family

But they all still fall into the category of Spanish mestizos

Old 08-17-2019, 12:47 AM

Yeahh ...
I believe Pic no -3 they born and live in Philipines
Pic 1 & 2 they are outsiders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia