Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2020, 08:15 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,009 times

Advertisements

It's probably the drugs and alcohol I've taken to dull the pain of Brexit but I'm missing something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 11:19 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,108,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Rafius, I think that according to Joseph Smith and the LDS the Bible has its origins and first publication in Nazareth. Nazareth PENNSYLVANIA that is!!

Making fun of Religion is one thing, but when you start poking fun at the good ole USA and "Made In America" you have simply gone too far IMO!!....

Rafius will get it!

Old 02-01-2020, 03:45 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,327 times

Old 02-01-2020, 07:20 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,057,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Rafius will get it!
OK Raf, if you can decipher the guitar picture I'll explain the LDS joke...

Sam, where is Jesus's C-D profile...

Hard to tell which way he swings with that Tinder shot...

Old 02-02-2020, 03:15 AM

Quote:
OK Raf, if you can decipher the guitar picture I'll explain the LDS joke...
I'm lost bro! I blame Brexit.

Old 02-02-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I'm lost bro! I blame Brexit.
Me too.

Old 02-02-2020, 01:54 PM

12,205 posts, read 2,963,596 times
Quote:
LOL... It wasn't THAT subtle, was it?......
Yes it was. Next time try a or a or a instead of a .

Old 02-02-2020, 02:15 PM

Great, now the weight is off ShouldIMove and on me now.

The USA is an awfully big country, and it's okay Raf didn't know about that rather obscure guitar connection here.

Joseph Smith never visited Nazareth [or Bethlehem] PA [or even New Egypt NJ] as far as I can tell, and there are no LSD temples in Scotland but I like the Scottish bands Big Country and Nazareth, who named their band after (The Band's) Robbie Robertson's song "The Weight"....

"I pulled into Nazareth, was feelin' about half past dead
I just need some place where I can lay my head
"Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?"
He just grinned and shook my hand, "no" was all he said"

...which referred to Nazareth PA, ....which Robbie wrote on his 1951 Martin D-58, where they drove up from Dixie I guess to get guitar strings at the great Lutheran Christian Frederick Martin [1796-1873] guitar factory.

But I circumlocute.

Martin's company was founded in Germany or Vienna along with the Moravians, synods and the Cabinet Maker Guild, with whom there was another splintering from all that woodworking so they came to America like the other pilgrims and stuff.

Luthier Christian Frederick Martin 1796-1873

I guess Robbie and Levon eventually drove back down to Dixie and that's another topic of my silly song references ShouldIMove will yell at me about for which.

The fact that Martin Luther [1483-1546] was also a great classical composer and initiated the musical reformation but isn't known as a luthier seems unfair.

'But I divagate again; and all this sits in the bosom of the publisher.'

The LSD church [and other popular stauropegial primates and synods] have brief non-humorous German histories in wiki and has nothing of interest for this particular post here today so I guess I won't bother to explain any more about that today.

Last edited by Tantalust; 02-02-2020 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: I forget

Old 02-02-2020, 07:14 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,057,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Yes it was. Next time try a or a or a instead of a .
Oh yeah??... Well TWO can give advice here!! Please familiarize yourself with the following trending terms....

"CrowdFunding": When a group of religious fundamentalists gather around a non-believer to proselytize/witness/etc in an attempt to convert that individual.

"Go Fund Me": An online campaign service for "Fundies" to raise money for any cause that might further their cause in which the use of public/taxpayer money would likely be illegal/innapropriate.

"Refund": Actually, I'm not sure of the definition here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I guess Robbie and Levon eventually drove back down to Dixie and that's another topic of my silly song references ShouldIMove will yell at me about for which.
Yes, there are NO LSD Churches in Scotland... Timothy Leary was never a pastor there either!!

Clever the Martin photo!! I'm surprised I didn't catch the clue as in my younger days I knew alot about Martin Guitars and that they were constructed in Nazareth.

All please bear in mind I would NEVER post a on the joke thread that was not part of the joke...

Old 02-02-2020, 11:34 PM

I'm still lost. Oh bugger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism