Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:37 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,549,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
'Prosecutor Tanya Miller revealed Friday what the judge had kept from the jurors at trial: Police found a "marijuana cigar" in the ashtray of the BMW and it had Aimee Michael's DNA on it.'

I wonder why there were no charges related to this.

Maybe the sentence reflects that. It is an incredibly difficult case for all concerned.
i figured this was either alcohol or drug related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 01:39 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,942,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
How so?
Innocent people were killed in a violent manner and she knew that she shouldn't have left the scene, she knew that people had died, and she thought she would get away with it by repairing the BMW that linked her to the accident. I think she should die in jail for what she did. Harsh, but if you lost a child or an entire family in that manner I think you would think that she got off easy. Now that I know about the drugs it makes me even angrier. They couldn't prove that she was high - that is probably why she left the scene over anything else.

Her mother deserves the sentence she got as well. If anyone could have turned this situation around, it was her.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
i figured this was either alcohol or drug related
I hadn't heard anything about this in previous reports.

If her DNA was found it seems that some type of charges would have been filed.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:10 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,320 times
I think what most people in this thread are forgetting about the weed is that the Police found the car and Aimee WELL after the accident occurred. Its not like they found the pot at the scene of the crime. Who knows if she was high or not. Exactly why it was kept out of court.

I think the sentence was too harsh.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:12 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
Innocent people were killed in a violent manner and she knew that she shouldn't have left the scene, she knew that people had died, and she thought she would get away with it by repairing the BMW that linked her to the accident. I think she should die in jail for what she did. Harsh, but if you lost a child or an entire family in that manner I think you would think that she got off easy. Now that I know about the drugs it makes me even angrier. They couldn't prove that she was high - that is probably why she left the scene over anything else.

Her mother deserves the sentence she got as well. If anyone could have turned this situation around, it was her.
I misread your post at first. My apologies.

I agree with you.

The mother stated the reason, they didn't apologize is because their lawyer recommended that they did not at the time.
Quote:
i heard one of the victims were cut in half
I don't believe so. I"m pretty sure, they are speaking of Morgan Johnson.

Her death is remainder to all parents to make sure that your children don't put the shoulder belt behind their shoulders because a lap belt is not strong enough to save your life and it will help kill you because it will restrain you but the force from the crash will be enough to snap your spine or neck.

Someone asked about her driving. The judge has ordered her to surrender her license and she can't have a license for any type of motor vehicle during her time of probation at all.

Last edited by PKCorey; 11-04-2010 at 02:21 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 02:22 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,944,452 times
Now this woman got 12 years, even though she paralyzed another woman while committing a crime:

Georgia woman gets 12 years in purse snatching that left victim paralyzed *| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-woman-gets-12-719458.html?cxtype=rss_news - broken link)

She lucked out because the victim did not die, however she also tried to hide the evidence.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,707,394 times
She faced 42 years but the judge sentenced her concurrently.

She had 30 years on the hit and run charges alone.

Poor woman is paralyzed for an incident that didn't involve her at all.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:41 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
I think what most people in this thread are forgetting about the weed is that the Police found the car and Aimee WELL after the accident occurred. Its not like they found the pot at the scene of the crime. Who knows if she was high or not. Exactly why it was kept out of court.

The DA said on HLN she was a 'habitual user'.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:18 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post

Well, look at it in context. Say you are motoring along when you carelessly sideswipe somebody and kill 5 people in a horrendous wreck. Among the people you wipe out is an entire family of four, plus another 6 year old girl. The 6 year old's mom is seriously bashed up but ultimately survives.

Instead of stopping, however, you simply bolt, leaving the bodies there burning. You slip into the garage and don't tell anybody other than your mother what happened. Y'all decide to sit tight and see if it somehow blows over. In the meantime, you secretly get your car fixed so nobody will suspect anything. The police and the community are begging for the hit and run driver to come forward, but you and mom stay quiet.

Now, given that you're hiding and desperately hoping you won't get caught, how likely are you to got out to this car -- after it has been fixed -- and leave your stash of pot laying around in it?

Old 11-04-2010, 06:07 PM

41 posts, read 99,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, look at it in context. Say you are motoring along when you carelessly sideswipe somebody and kill 5 people in a horrendous wreck. Among the people you wipe out is an entire family of four, plus another 6 year old girl. The 6 year old's mom is seriously bashed up but ultimately survives.

Instead of stopping, however, you simply bolt, leaving the bodies there burning. You slip into the garage and don't tell anybody other than your mother what happened. Y'all decide to sit tight and see if it somehow blows over. In the meantime, you secretly get your car fixed so nobody will suspect anything. The police and the community are begging for the hit and run driver to come forward, but you and mom stay quiet.

Now, given that you're hiding and desperately hoping you won't get caught, how likely are you to got out to this car -- after it has been fixed -- and leave your stash of pot laying around in it?

Youre right about the weed though dont quite make sense. Its just such a sad story for everyone involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta