Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:18 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,373,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post

You're the only one playing games my friend. I'm not arguing either and TYPE YELLING. I just simply made a statement. To have an argument I would need to support my statement.
What a creative spin on the situation. I stand by my original statement that was deleted.

She and her Mom showed absolutely NO remorse, and attempted to cover up the entire crime. Again, these type of people that obviously have no soul OR understanding between right and wrong are one of THE primary reasons society is the way it is today. Deal with it.

It's my opinion, and I am not alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 06:40 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,552,465 times
What do you think would have happen if she had NOT left the scene of the accident??

Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
What do you think would have happen if she had NOT left the scene of the accident??
The worst case scenario- assuming she was not on drugs or DUI- would have been midomeanors with a maximum 1 year in jail. In fact she probably would have got no jail time and just lost her license and fined. Of course she would have had to face civil lawsuits which might have bankrupted her as well. But any of that is WAY better than 36 years.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,283 times
I feel bad for the lady. I mean my heart goes out to all the families involved. With what this chick got I would just ask for lethal injection. What she did was "Wrong" I don't condone it. But we can be so quick to judge people. None of us know what really happened that day except 5 people died. I lost a bestfriend to a drunk driver It was her and her son head on collision. Its was horrible she burned alive in her car so I know what it feels like. Just remember one sin is no greater than the next. You have ten commandments that I'm sure we don't live by and if only people knew what you really do. Don't worry because you just haven't gotten caught but God see you. Think about it. The justice system so messed up.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,552,465 times
it really moved me when the judge started crying

Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,947,551 times
Quote:
She would have gotten charged with a misdemeanor, her license would have been suspended, and she may have spent a few years in jail for reckless driving or driving under the influence if the weed was indeed a factor. I honestly think that if she or her mother displayed any emotion, any remorse during their hearings or the trial, the punishment would have been less severe. The attorney may have said not to apologize as that would be admitting guilt, but you can still cry because of that gut wrenching testimony or the crime scene pictures. I am more emotional about this case than they ever were. It was very telling that the judge would have such a hard time with the case. Even she couldn't hold her emotions back. The father is the one that loses in this case.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:50 AM

281 posts, read 617,665 times
Her reckless driving put three kids in a coffin. I'm not losing any sleep over her sentence.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,714,264 times
Quote:
Nothing.

She could have easily beat the charges. Maybe, she would have be charged with failure to maintain lane and possible DUI/DWI but I couldn't see more than 3 or 5 years, tops.

The biggest issue as Alley01 said would have been the civil suits filed against her and her parents. No difference now because they will still most likely be sued and her dad will be working as a contracter to pay off all their legal bills.

I agree, she was emotionless during the whole trial. Nothing. Just stoic as hell. Now, she wanna bawl since she is sentenced to 36 years. If I was the judge, that alone would have pissed me off and I probably would have sentenced her to 100 years plus. She still didn't admit that she did it or she may have caused it. Just that she is sorry.

The statement to her mother was spot on from the Judge. She failed at her at the most important time...

Last edited by PKCorey; 11-05-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Old 11-05-2010, 01:42 PM

274 posts, read 860,683 times
Just read the article in the AJC today. When she was at Uof Pitt. she was cited on 4 different occasions for speeding and failure to stop at a stop sign................ 11 points on her license.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:46 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,714,264 times
Aimee Michael had speeding issues prior to fatal Easter crash *| ajc.com

She received 4 tickets in 6 months and and 3 of them within weeks of each other!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta