Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 05:57 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodrev05 View Post
Glad to see everyone reading the whole thread before contributing.
Indeed I have. And you would be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 05:58 PM

37,888 posts, read 41,980,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
At least the latter is useful and can contribute to your livelihood.
These sneakers are collector's items and as was mentioned earlier, no doubt some of those people will turn them for a profit.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:03 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,932,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
I have the strangest feeling right now that whatever device you just typed that on probably cost more than $180...
Wrong.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:13 PM

38 posts, read 62,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
These sneakers are collector's items and as was mentioned earlier, no doubt some of those people will turn them for a profit.
Quiet. They can't be bothered with "details" or "facts."

Old 06-23-2013, 06:16 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
In my mind it doesn't matter whether they are sneakers or iPhones or something else.

The point is that it's still something absurdly trivial to get killed over.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:21 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
I agree...Theft is not a capital offence...Anyone who thinks that someone should be shot for stealing their STUFF...is a shallow idiot who is full of insecurity - spite and loathing for human beings in general.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I agree...Theft is not a capital offence...Anyone who thinks that someone should be shot for stealing their STUFF...is a shallow idiot who is full of insecurity - spite and loathing for human beings in general.
You are missing the point by a mile. Apparently this thug pulled a gun on a group of people for the purpose of taking their personal property. The victims, I'm sure, were well aware that compliance doesn't always guarantee their lives will be spared. The man who retailated had really no choice but to defend himself.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:51 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,533,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossberg View Post
I have not once in this entire thread heard anyone who actually understands "the hustle potential" (that means potential profit for you uninitiated) involved in acquiring these shoes. Some of these dudes/females standing in line are probably far smarter than many of these idiots posting in this thread.

Here's a back-story:

Almost weekly on Saturdays, Nike releases a limited edition shoe or shoes. Nike purposefully doesn't mass produce them, which creates a scarcity that shifts the supply/demand relationship. A lot of these folks who stand in line do not always buy them for themselves to wear. They buy them to resell at a profit. A $180 pair of shoes can be resold for sometimes double or triple of the original cost depending on the demand for that particular shoe.

How many of you work a 9 to 5 job sell a product that pays you 100% profit with little effort other than waking up early and standing in a line? I'd be willing to bet that not many of you can turn a 100% profit in a few hours at your job.

This thread shows how ignorant and how quickly people rush to judge something they have not even taken the time to fully research or understand. Sometimes I lose faith in humanity after I read a lot of the nonsense on here and other places. People, please educate yourselves before passing judgement. Even better, do not pass judgement unless you happen to be perfect. I'm done here.

'Flipping' Sneakers Is Highly Profitable : NPR

Side Hustle Series: I Resell Collectible Sneakers! | Budgets Are Sexy

Meet the New Teen Sneakerheads Flipping Shoes for Cash, Fast - The Cut
The fact that these shoes can be traded for profit on some sort of Ghetto Commodities Exchange does not make the phenomena any less absurd. The hysteria around Beanie Babies is absurd. I know damn well folks turn a profit off reselling these gaudy-a$$ shoes.

That should make you lose your faith in humanity.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
The fact that these shoes can be traded for profit on some sort of Ghetto Commodities Exchange does not make the phenomena any less absurd. The hysteria around Beanie Babies is absurd. I know damn well folks turn a profit off reselling these gaudy-a$$ shoes.

That should make you lose your faith in humanity.
My thought exactly. Thank you for expressing it to the oh-so-above-it-alls that have begun posting on here.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:39 PM

259 posts, read 394,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What's beautiful about shooting some guy in the back from across the street as he's running away?
The guy held them up at gun point. If he would threaten people's lives over goods he was a threat to innocent lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta