Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 02:42 AM

119 posts, read 212,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
Need to watch the signs where you park in midtown. The Ansley park neighborhood has spots where it's permit parking only. Watch out also that you don't park in front of a fire hydrant or block driveway access. And please do not leave ANYTHING of value in sight in your car, even if it's loose change. The neighborhood patrol arrested someone trying to enter cars in the last few weeks, and there were reports of attempted car break-ins; but nothing taken as people are getting smarter about leaving things in cars.
Thanks for the tips!! I never ever leave anything if value is my car! Also I had no idea that I couldn't park in front of the stop sign. If I did I would have never parked there. I have seen people park there before and they never got tickets. I'm hoping my next place has assigned parking!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 09:23 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What do you think about people parking there who don't live in your city and pay taxes like you do?

How come they get to park for free in front of your residence, while you are the one paying for it and the one who has to schlep their groceries 8 blocks in the 93 degree heat?
That's when permit parking comes in handy. I have to agree with ccatl that if such a situation existed upon purchase of your home, you should have known better. Caveat Emptor.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:26 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
That's when permit parking comes in handy. I have to agree with ccatl that if such a situation existed upon purchase of your home, you should have known better. Caveat Emptor.
That is true, LD. Back in the 90s we redeveloped an old apartment building in Midtown and I asked my partner, "Do you think anybody will buy these things with no parking?"

He said, "They got eyes."

Last edited by arjay57; 09-01-2013 at 04:53 PM..

Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,986,699 times
Quote:
What do you think about people parking there who don't live in your city and pay taxes like you do?

How come they get to park for free in front of your residence, while you are the one paying for it and the one who has to schlep their groceries 8 blocks in the 93 degree heat?
But those same people get to park in other cities don't they? Are you suggesting that people only be allowed to park in the city where we live? I think the opposite of you. When I am in a neighborhood where they have substantial permit parking so that only residents can park there, I feel like those people that have the special stickers on their cars should not be allowed to park in any other neighborhood or city. If they don't want to reciprocate, why should we?

Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
But those same people get to park in other cities don't they? Are you suggesting that people only be allowed to park in the city where we live? I think the opposite of you. When I am in a neighborhood where they have substantial permit parking so that only residents can park there, I feel like those people that have the special stickers on their cars should not be allowed to park in any other neighborhood or city. If they don't want to reciprocate, why should we?
I would be okay with people parking in front of their own property only.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:07 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times
Yes, it is a pain. Some butt parked their truck in the front of my house right up close to the driveway. I backed out not realizing their trailer hitch was protruding into the drive. Result? Damaged car and truck towed.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:27 PM

The folks in Inman Park are taking back their streets (for parking purposes).

Quote:
Atlanta’s parking enforcement authority PARKatlanta is now enforcing residents-only parking on some streets in Inman Park, according to a report from East Atlanta Patch.

More...Residents-only parking in effect on some Inman Park streets - Atlanta INtown Paper

Old 03-02-2017, 07:06 PM

I hate to bring this back up but has anybody had a problem with yardmen working for somebody else parking their trucks in front of your house?

We've got one fella who used to work for me but things didn't pan out. Now he's working for somebody down the street but still putting his truck in front of my place.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:54 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,787,484 times
Quote:
I hate to bring this back up but has anybody had a problem with yardmen working for somebody else parking their trucks in front of your house?

We've got one fella who used to work for me but things didn't pan out. Now he's working for somebody down the street but still putting his truck in front of my place.

It would be nicer if they parked closer to their new job--but what can you do? **** off someone who knows where you live?
I've seen yard men drive from other areas and dump multiple bags of yard waste in front of houses.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:19 PM

Well, you have a point. I had to part ways with the man over some things I won't get into online, so I sort of feel like he is doing this to stick it to me.

I went out and talked to him one day and he moved his truck but now he is back at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: