Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 06:32 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,876,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I hate to bring this back up but has anybody had a problem with yardmen working for somebody else parking their trucks in front of your house?

We've got one fella who used to work for me but things didn't pan out. Now he's working for somebody down the street but still putting his truck in front of my place.

You do not own the public ROW in front of your house, so as long as whom is parked there is not blocking your driveway or illegally parked in another way there is nothing you can do about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 06:43 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,474,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozi30213 View Post
Ughhhhh I'm so annoyed! Just got a lovely ticket from ParkAtlanta... I live on 3rd and Durant and parking absolutely sucks!!! I find myself racing home just to get a parking spot. I hate driving anywhere now because it means I won't have a parking spot when I come back. There are two cars on my street that have been abandon for weeks on end. I got a ticket because I had to park in front of a stop sign. It was either that, I park on a sidewalk or leave my car at work and cab it home. I'm so upset!! I love my condo but I cannot wait until the lease is up in 4 months. I wish I would have known parking sucks in Atlanta....
What? The ubanists didn't tell you you're supposed to Marta or Uber everywhere?

Old 03-03-2017, 07:11 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
You do not own the public ROW in front of your house, so as long as whom is parked there is not blocking your driveway or illegally parked in another way there is nothing you can do about it.
It's a matter of mutual respect, cq. Suppose you and I are neighbors and I always park my heap in front of your house, as does my kid and my yardman and my contractors and visitors. So that I don't have disruption in front of my house, you know.

Is that okay with you?

Old 03-03-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
It's a matter of mutual respect, cq. Suppose you and I are neighbors and I always park my heap in front of your house, as does my kid and my yardman and my contractors and visitors. So that I don't have disruption in front of my house, you know.

Is that okay with you?
Yes! Why does what's parked on the publicly owned street in front of my house, effect my property? Now if it is an abandoned vehicle, then it should be reported to APD Code Enforcement.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:23 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Yes! Why does what's parked on the publicly owned street in front of my house, effect my property? Now if it is an abandoned vehicle, then it should be reported to APD Code Enforcement.
Good to know. I've been looking for a place to store the F-150 I'm restoring. Don't worry, I'll move it from time to time.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:24 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,730 times
Quote:

Is that okay with you?
I was under the impression you live in or around Buckhead, right? So I'm assuming the area isn't too dense? With that in mind, I would further assume that the person parking in front of your house to walk somewhere else could just as easily be parking much closer to where they need to be (the neighbor's down the street)? If that's the case, then I would guess the guy knows you're cranky about people in front of your house, and is doing it to purposefully wave his middle finger at you. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it because he isn't doing anything illegal, unless of course you feel in danger. He's just being a pain in your rear-end.

In general, I think (as you can see by my past posts) that this parking in front of your house thing is pretty ridiculous. We live in a city, streets are public, and if someone chooses to park there they can. That comes with living in the city. If someone doesn't like that, there are plenty of communities throughout the metro where things like that aren't allowed. I just moved into another house in my same neighborhood, and there are plenty of homes around me with no driveways. Therefore, plenty of people are parked on the street, often in front of my house. That's what happens in a big city, and whether people like it or not, Atlanta has become a big city.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Good to know. I've been looking for a place to store the F-150 I'm restoring. Don't worry, I'll move it from time to time.
Sorry bruh, I live on a bike lane/No Parking zone.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
I was under the impression you live in or around Buckhead, right? So I'm assuming the area isn't too dense? With that in mind, I would further assume that the person parking in front of your house to walk somewhere else could just as easily be parking much closer to where they need to be (the neighbor's down the street)? If that's the case, then I would guess the guy knows you're cranky about people in front of your house, and is doing it to purposefully wave his middle finger at you. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it because he isn't doing anything illegal, unless of course you feel in danger. He's just being a pain in your rear-end.

In general, I think (as you can see by my past posts) that this parking in front of your house thing is pretty ridiculous. We live in a city, streets are public, and if someone chooses to park there they can. That comes with living in the city. If someone doesn't like that, there are plenty of communities throughout the metro where things like that aren't allowed. I just moved into another house in my same neighborhood, and there are plenty of homes around me with no driveways. Therefore, plenty of people are parked on the street, often in front of my house. That's what happens in a big city, and whether people like it or not, Atlanta has become a big city.
Agree, on-street parking is the best way to slow down vehicle traffic on residential/25 mph streets.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:36 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
I don't care where people park, but if you're going to parallel park on the curb, you don't need to leave 2/3 of a car length in front of and behind your car. Tighten that $h!+ up so more cars can fit. Bad parallel parking jobs exacerbate the parking shortage in intown neighborhoods.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:14 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,062,786 times
Also be mindful of where you park your massive SUV or truck on a street that was built to handle regular sized cars.

Because if I'm backing out of a driveway and you didn't leave me enough space to maneuver and I accidentally hit your car, I may not be inclined to leave a note.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: