Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 AM

228 posts, read 460,367 times

Advertisements

When I go to Atlanta, it's not like I'm looking for gay people. Although, most of the bars down there are gay bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 08:07 AM

719 posts, read 1,697,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
it may be so statistically but you would never know even if you lived there.

ft lauderdale is 10x more visually gay than i see atlanta ever becoming.

same for new orleans.

like with all other things in atl, it goes on behind the scenes, so its not like you will walk down peachtree and come across the rainbow flag flapping in the air, like in so many other places.
Comparing Ft Lauderdale with Atlanta? The problem is you're comparing apples and oranges. I could say the same about say West Hollywood, or Key West, compared to almost any other place in the country or world. It's like saying "Yeah, West Hollywood is much much gayer than Chicago" because a great majority of shops in that city are gay-owned or whatever. You can make the comparison, but it doesn't tell us much.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:02 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
like with all other things in atl, it goes on behind the scenes, so its not like you will walk down peachtree and come across the rainbow flag flapping in the air, like in so many other places.
Take a right at 10th and head towards the park...you'll find your rainbow flags.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
If gay people cannot reproduce...

why are there so many of them?

Old 02-14-2010, 09:10 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Who says they can't reproduce? I know plenty of gay parents.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:24 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Who says they can't reproduce? I know plenty of gay parents.
For real Lovin! I know several new gaybies...

Old 02-14-2010, 09:47 AM

267 posts, read 1,361,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamM View Post
Comparing Ft Lauderdale with Atlanta? The problem is you're comparing apples and oranges. I could say the same about say West Hollywood, or Key West, compared to almost any other place in the country or world. It's like saying "Yeah, West Hollywood is much much gayer than Chicago" because a great majority of shops in that city are gay-owned or whatever. You can make the comparison, but it doesn't tell us much.

So true !!!

Whenever some list comes out about which city is more "gayer" than the other there will always be those who claim otherwise. I guess it all goes down as to what one is actually looking for. Which city has more gay owned businesses, which city is more geared towards lesbians etc...

My brother is gay is a very active in the so-called gay "bear" community and I can't begin to count the number of times he and his friends had mention that America's top "bear" city is..Indianapolis !!! Maybe it is because Indianapolis is more willing to accept a gay man who is overweight and looks more like Toby Keith than sombody on Will & Grace or perhaps Indy has more "bear-owned" businesses than other cities...my brother never was clear about, well why Indianapolis?

Old 02-14-2010, 09:57 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Lol I can tell you dont understand Its straight parents thats produciong them gay men and women just like if you had a child there could be chances they may turn out gay

Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 AM

719 posts, read 1,697,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobwv View Post
My brother is gay is a very active in the so-called gay "bear" community and I can't begin to count the number of times he and his friends had mention that America's top "bear" city is..Indianapolis !!! Maybe it is because Indianapolis is more willing to accept a gay man who is overweight and looks more like Toby Keith than sombody on Will & Grace or perhaps Indy has more "bear-owned" businesses than other cities...my brother never was clear about, well why Indianapolis?
Interesting. I think I know a former Indy resident who might have been part of that contingent. Small world.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:09 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
If a wonderful image is being the most gay ill sit that one out
nothing wrong with gay folks....they seem harmless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta