Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,045,388 times

Advertisements

If there is a skinny fake'n'bake streaky-haired soccer-mom looking woman driving a huge SUV like a Cadillac Escalade or similar-type vehicle - I turn around and go the other way! Watch out! Chances are she's talking on her cell phone in one hand and balancing her overpriced coffee drink in the other - and NOT watching how she's driving. Yikes! I've nearly been run over several times by this type of driver.

(...and P.S. - I'm not saying women are bad driver's. I'm actually a better driver than my husband (and he's got the tickets and fines to prove it). I'm just sayin' that these kinds of women in these kinds of large vehicles are often very scary driver's! lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 PM

556 posts, read 1,228,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Corvettes - owners seem to have a thumb stuck up their you know what
Cadillacs - same
BMW's - same
Lifted trucks, dualies, and F-250's and higher - owners think they are big and tough and same as above
Cars, trucks, and Harleys with modified loud exhausts - just plain idiots
I have never once approached my ass with my thumb sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia10 View Post
ALL cars over $45,000

1. They think that with that price tag comes the suspension of all traffic rules (as in stopping at a stop sign/light, using turning signals, using the left lane for passing and not texting, sleeping, eating etc)
2. They are UNAWARE their car can drive 55+mph; they drive these Corvettes at 30mph!? what a waste!? but at the same time...with the gas prices the way they are, those 8 cylinders must be a pump killer! hahahahahaha
All eh? I try to cruise at 15-20 over.... This was over 272 miles when I picked the car up

God damn gas sucking V8 lol

Last edited by SK360; 01-03-2013 at 05:02 PM..

Old 01-03-2013, 05:26 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,639 times
For me, it's not so much about the make/model of the car as it is the adornments:

Truck Nutz

A wall of bumper stickers trumpeting the driver's political views

Jesus Fish

Stick family decals

Old 01-03-2013, 05:36 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,624,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
I have never once approached my ass with my thumb sir

All eh? I try to cruise at 15-20 over.... This was over 272 miles when I picked the car up

God damn gas sucking V8 lol
70 MPH? Dude, you must have been that 'Vette I passed in my pathetic Hyundai.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 PM

515 posts, read 716,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthinkso View Post
Ahhhh the automotive forum..The place where racists and biggots can post their hatred
How's that extreme "sensitivity" working for ya?
Is it monetarily profitable or do you just get to feel all smug and self righteous?

Since I'm a New Orleanian, I swear the worst 5 to 500 drivers are right here where a folded fifty will get you a license any day and it doesn't matter what make or model you "drive".

Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,397,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
If there is a skinny fake'n'bake streaky-haired soccer-mom looking woman driving a huge SUV like a Cadillac Escalade or similar-type vehicle - I turn around and go the other way! Watch out! Chances are she's talking on her cell phone in one hand and balancing her overpriced coffee drink in the other - and NOT watching how she's driving. Yikes! I've nearly been run over several times by this type of driver.

(...and P.S. - I'm not saying women are bad driver's. I'm actually a better driver than my husband (and he's got the tickets and fines to prove it). I'm just sayin' that these kinds of women in these kinds of large vehicles are often very scary driver's! lol)

I'm an SUV-driving soccer mom, but I totally agree with you. I deal with those mommies on a daily basis, only difference is I don't go the other way.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:03 PM

556 posts, read 1,228,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
70 MPH? Dude, you must have been that 'Vette I passed in my pathetic Hyundai.
Not sure where we were when I took that, close to home somewhere, everything is 45-55 round here. My last ticket was 95 in a 65 chasing a mustang down in my 600rwhp GTO. Don't fit the stereo type

Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 PM

662 posts, read 1,228,011 times
1. All of the liberal eco-statement vehicles- Prius, Insight, Leaf, Smart. These are the ones that are most guaranteed to drive poorly and snarl up traffic, period.
2. Crotch rockets
3. Minivans- make does not matter
4. '90s and 2000s Buicks
5. Any ricer car

Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,298,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
So if you see me drive my diesel dually pickup to work, you're going to be judgemental and call me an ******* because trucks are for work, not commuting? How do you know I'm not taking it to work because the gas station next to work has the best diesel prices around and I'm filling it up to tow my travel trailer that weekend or fill the truck up for a dump run? You don't, but you're damn ready to make a snap judgement about me because you're too stupid to do otherwise.
Your truck; A. has mud on it and B. is lacking unnecessary flashy chrome bull****. No one who lowers their truck is using it to "make a dump run."

Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,769,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
You mean like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKrGZi9MV08
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive