Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 04:32 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Just look at the news tonight.
Did the speed kill them or was there some other factor(accident, weather, anything else)

You say speed kills, and I want you to show me some one driving so fast it killed them.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:34 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Did the speed kill them or was there some other factor(accident, weather, anything else)
It's called driving too fast for conditions. Speed is always involved in any accident.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:35 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:
People who go beyond the speed limit are threatening the lives of everyone around them. I am telling you this since I learned from your post you are too ignorant to know it. Speed kills!

How are people using the left lane for its proper use threatening the lives of everyone around them?. Speed doesnt in and of itself kill its usually morons pulling bonehead maneuvers that are resonsible for accidents,idiots going through stop signs and red lights people who dont have a clue about driving.not the guy doing 10 over the speed limit on the interstate passing cars in the passing lane and going with the flow of traffic..

Old 05-26-2014, 04:36 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,253,074 times
Quote:
It's called driving too fast for conditions. Speed is always involved in any accident.
Even the car is parked and hit by say a shopping car? How was speed involved in that accident?

Old 05-26-2014, 04:38 PM

221 posts, read 335,747 times
But the TV set said "Speed Kills"...so let's all chant in unison...speed kills, speed kills, speed kills. Who's up for some home-brew road policing, let's all camp out on the road and show everyone else what speed they should be going! Think of how powerful we will feel then!

Old 05-26-2014, 04:42 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
If speed kills then we should all give up driving because as soon as a car is in motion it has speed and therefore we all gonna die as a result?.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:46 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
How about we all just take some anger management classes and learn how to read a speed limit sign and we wont have to worry about having this same argument every other day?

Old 05-26-2014, 04:46 PM

221 posts, read 335,747 times
I dunno, everytime I back out of the driveway the Grim Reaper is pointing at me from the neighbor's lawn

Old 05-26-2014, 04:48 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,419 times
It's just the way some people are wired. I have friends that are simply incapable of not passing the person in front of them regardless of how fast that person is going. They'll literally risk their lives to save a few minutes everyday.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:51 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,416,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You didn't answer the question. You just answered the question with another question. If someone wants to pass and you are driving in the left lane, why wouldn't you switch lanes and allow them to do so? I'm sorry but I fail to see any gain by sitting in the left lane and not switching lanes so they can pass? If anything, you are just escalating a potential road rage incident which could jeopardize your life and the lives of others on the road.

You assumed I drive fast based on my response. Actually, I'm like you. I drive the speed limit, however, I am mature enough to switch lanes when I see a dangerously fast driver in my rear window. I have too much going on in my life to fight with another driver. It doesn't matter if the other driver is wrong for speeding, it only matters that I arrive home safely to my family. I have a very loving family and a successful career. I have a lot to lose. The idea that I can somehow "get even" with the rude driver behind me by refusing to switch lanes is immature and petty. Furthermore, I don't need to escalate a road rage incident and I'm not going to pretend to know the psyche of the aggressive driver behind me. What I do know is that I've treated patients in the emergency department who were victims of road rage. Most road rage incidents are often the result of an aggressive driver fighting a passive aggressive driver who refuses to switch lanes.

I have witnessed drivers who deliberately sit in the left lane refusing to allow other drivers to pass. When I see this, I drive really slow in the right lane knowing that a potential accident could occur as the aggressive driver will attempt to dangerously overtake the driver in the left lane.

Drop your ego and allow the crazy driver to pass you. Two wrongs don't make a right. There are a lot of crazy people on the road, it's not your job to teach them a lesson. Don't make it more dangerous for everyone else because you are trying to prove a point on the road. I would really hope that you value more in your life than your ego. And even if you don't feel like you have much to offer in life, I'm sure there are people who love you that would disagree with you.
Again (amazing how many people apparently don't actually read the thread), I've stated several times that I don't drive in the left lane except to pass or take a left exit. That STILL does not change right and wrong as far as the traffic laws are concerned, NOR does it change the fact that there are people on here whose egos are so tied up in how heavy their foot is that they can't see the simple fact that they are choosing, intentionally and with malice aforethought, to break the speed limit law and at the same time are insisting that other drivers obey the move right law so that they themselves find it easier to break the speed limit law. See how hypocritical that is? Why aren't you advising them to drop their egos?

Yes, I let speed demons by if I should happen to be in the left lane passing someone in the right, as soon as I can safely complete the pass and move over without endangering anyone else (the speed demon notwithstanding). Actually, it's a good way to pull off the cops up ahead for everyone else. But this is not something they are entitled to by right; the slower traffic keep right law means, again, traffic driving slower than the speed limit is to keep right.

It would be amusing, if it weren't frightening, to see just how far people here will go to avoid acknowledging that they are doing something wrong and that they think that they are ENTITLED to speed because, well, well, because they ARE, that's why! And how hard they will work to deny the very clear fact that they have made that choice and that no one else really owes it to them to do likewise or to accommodate them, and that they are flat wrong in their idea that their wish to break the law overrides everyone else's wish to obey it.

Again, if you are obeying the speed limit laws, there is no problem.

If you are breaking the speed limit laws, you have given up any right to whine because someone else doesn't obey a different law that you want them to because it makes it easier for YOU to break the law. And, for that matter, you have given up any right to whine because someone else is obeying the law, which is what most of this is on here, if you're honest about it.

Grow up and get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive