Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 01:29 PM

493 posts, read 385,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickofdiamonds View Post
i was just thinking about the person that was in front of me on the freeway this morning who drove for 15 minutes with his left turn signal on and all the people who were signalling him to let him know.
It was quite the show !
Lmao hate when that happens, or when people forget to turn on their lights when dark outside!

Old 06-01-2015, 01:48 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,378,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Europe already mandate side turn signals + only amber lights decades ago; don't know why North America is always behind when it comes to infrastructure and safety!
Complete biased bologny. The US has MORE stringent testing than Europe as a whole. The US uses higher speeds and heavier crash test dummies resulting in better results.

Don't know why people are so quick to believe the worst about the US, even to the point of inventing untruths.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:52 PM

633 posts, read 640,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
Complete biased bologny. The US has MORE stringent testing than Europe as a whole. The US uses higher speeds and heavier crash test dummies resulting in better results.
we pretty much have to.

Spent my honeymoon in Ireland for a week or two. Average car size is much smaller than it is in the US.
American cars are tested to higher standards in collisions, because chances are if you get hit it's going to be by an SUV, not a fiat.

On top of that, US drivers rarely wear safety belts, and collision standards take that in mind over here. Not the case for EU.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:53 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post

Don't know why people are so quick to believe the worst about the US, even to the point of inventing untruths.
Because, in the words of the GEICO commercial, "It's what they do".

Old 06-01-2015, 01:58 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,766,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post
w
On top of that, US drivers rarely wear safety belts, and collision standards take that in mind over here. Not the case for EU.
Huh? Pretty much everyone I see on a daily basis has a belt across their chest. I don't know anyone who doesn't wear a safety belt.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:01 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post
we pretty much have to.

Spent my honeymoon in Ireland for a week or two. Average car size is much smaller than it is in the US.
American cars are tested to higher standards in collisions, because chances are if you get hit it's going to be by an SUV, not a fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
Huh? Pretty much everyone I see on a daily basis has a belt across their chest. I don't know anyone who doesn't wear a safety belt.
Now, now. It's only 89% usage.

Seat Belts: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center

Old 06-01-2015, 02:01 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
Why don't North American cars require side turn signals on all vehicles like they do in Europe and rest of the world? I think having side turn signals makes it safer and more visible because sometimes back and front turn signals may not be visible at all times. I know some vehicles do have, but most don't.

Europe already mandate side turn signals + only amber lights decades ago; don't know why North America is always behind when it comes to infrastructure and safety!
Maybe because there's no data to show that it's safer?
How many accidents are caused by malfunctioning or lack of turn signals?

Old 06-01-2015, 02:03 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,766,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Maybe because there's no data to show that it's safer?
How many accidents are caused by malfunctioning or lack of turn signals?
In the real world or according to posters on here?

Old 06-01-2015, 02:07 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
In the real world or according to posters on here?

I don't know but all I know is my car is safe:

Old 06-01-2015, 02:19 PM

3,703 posts, read 4,856,324 times
Well, well, well! Another thread bashing the US and praising good ol europe! Don't all newer cars, like past about 1970 something have wrap around front and rear lights that are visible from the side? I think it's a good idea to keep the amber in the front and red in the rear. If one side of the red rear lights of a car is blinking, isn't it quite obvious he's got his blinker on? Aren't you going to be slowing down anyway as the majority of people don't go full bore into a turn without braking so even if he's tapping his brakes and one side is out you'd be doing the same thing I'd imagine? So when is Europe going to start requiring the safety standards we have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive