Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 06:53 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,227,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
As I said before if he lawyered up his lawyer would tell him to shut up. Posts can be deemed as admissions in open court.

One asks, "how would they find him" on the board? Very simple, there are probably very few tickets written that fit these exact facts. So anything he said would confine his testimony. Let's say his testimony was that he was going 45, certainly not 77. The fact that the OP doesn't dispute the facts could be used against him, at least in New York, where I practice.

Thus, as I said before any lawyer representing him would urge him to "dummy up" on these charges.

Yeah man, makes total sense! I think they are going to put 3 or 4 people on this guy, scouring EVERY internet forum on the net looking for him. When they find him, this one is going straight to the top, DA. From there, they will spend a few hours discussing this case. After all, this sort of thing doesn't happen too often. Now that they have invested $15k to $20k in human resources, its time to nail this guy with a $1k fine! It's all about the principle of it, setting example, etc. I hope you don't practice anything more than your pool game...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 09:11 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
You absolutely need a lawyer. You can and very possibly may have to serve a few days jail time over this. It is very serious. Virginia is the one state that I never ever will go over 80 on the interstate, no matter the speed limit or traffic (I can't remember if they have any 70MPH roads anyway) Always 9 or less over, always under 80.
Yep. Hell, even Jayson Werth (Washington Nationals player) spent a couple days in jail for reckless driving in Virginia.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:23 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If he lawyered up, any lawyer worth is salt would tell him to stop posting. I read my client the riot act when he hit the news media on a matter under litigation.
A few years ago on another site someone was posting about a legal matter and I said they need to shut up and stop posting, if they asked their lawyer he/she would tell them the same thing ... one of the dumba Mods deleted my post.

I believe I have given the same advice here.

The FIRST thing your lawyer tells you is "DO NOT talk to ANYONE else without me present".

Nothing like admitting you were speeding at a reckless level on an open public forum.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:30 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Yeah man, makes total sense! I think they are going to put 3 or 4 people on this guy, scouring EVERY internet forum on the net looking for him. When they find him, this one is going straight to the top, DA. From there, they will spend a few hours discussing this case. After all, this sort of thing doesn't happen too often. Now that they have invested $15k to $20k in human resources, its time to nail this guy with a $1k fine! It's all about the principle of it, setting example, etc. I hope you don't practice anything more than your pool game...
Google is magical.... You do know these people make the same money whether they actually do something or sit on their duffs?

Old 03-15-2016, 09:12 PM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
My default mode training to to tell clients to "dummy up" about their matters.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:26 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,594,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyl3r View Post
Wut.
Man, I'm 19 and I'd throw your ass straight in jail. 120??? Dude.
I start getting nervous if I go above 45 in a 35. 120 is just stupid. You're asking for jail time and honestly, you deserve it.
What happens when someone pulls out in front of you not expecting anyone to be going 85 mph above the speed limit? You just killed someone and they're dead because you're an idiot.

Well, it was a long time ago, when I was 16 or 17. Not excusing it, but I obviously don't drive like that anymore.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:44 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
I really want a car that will drive itself on the interstate.. .that would be so nice. I didn't even realize that adaptive cruise wasn't standard on all camry models, some don't have it.. I guess I'll be waiting for a while for the tech to trickle down more before I buy another vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive