Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 09:01 PM

556 posts, read 1,228,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Yeah, LeagleEagleDFW is always good for a laugh. On another thread, she/he claimed her/his 340i could hang with a new GT350 Mustang. I'm sure she/he thinks her/his mighty 340i will beat a new Corvette as well. Probably a Bugatti Veyron too, since it's missing the all-important BMW badge. I believe she/he recently purchased a low-end Land Rover as well. Not exactly someone I'd take car advice from.

Getting back to the topic at hand, while I appreciate that Corvettes are an incredible bang-for-the-buck, I've never really seen them as prestigious and reluctantly admit that the redneck/mid-life crisis perception has crossed my mind. I even bought a new Z06 back in 2004. My coworkers literally mocked me about it, despite the fact that no one could name any car with comparable performance for what I paid for it. The negative image, plus an interior that would have looked cheap in a Yaris, motivated me to sell it after only one year.
People make jokes then go out riding shotgun for some laps and don't really have much to joke about. I ignore the inevitable jokes about old age and mid life crisis, can't really say much bad about the interior of the C7.

If there were another 3300lbs 465hp/tq sports car with removable roof (not a convertible) and true manual transmission for $68,000 (my car after options like magnetic ride) then I would have cross shopped it but there's not. And I don't come close to fitting in my buddies Exige

Old 07-14-2016, 09:31 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,325,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The Japanese couldn't knock it off. The popularity of the Corvette, combined with the rise in popularity of the SUV and the strengthening yen helped the Vette put the Supra, 300ZX turbo, RX-7 and 3000GT VR-4 out of business.

The 300ZX Turbo was the Vette's biggest competitor back in the day. I enjoyed reading comparison reviews. I wish Nissan and Toyota had a direct competitor these days.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:42 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,883,675 times
My Buick Grand National munched on a few 'Vettes back in the day. In fact, I was overtaking a 'Vette when my turbo blew out.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:16 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Where I live $70,000 a year can't afford a 1 BR apartment.

My Challenger was just over half that amount... I'm doing OK.
Just stop with the hyperbole.

$70K a year is $5,800 a month.

$5,800 a month can afford MUCH MORE than a one-bedroom apartment where you live.

Quote:
Fairwood median real estate price is $297,747, which is more expensive than 60.4% of the neighborhoods in Washington and 74.4% of the neighborhoods in the U.S.

The average rental price in Fairwood is currently $1,725, based on NeighborhoodScout's exclusive analysis. The average rental cost in this neighborhood is higher than 77.1% of the neighborhoods in Washington.

Fairwood is a suburban neighborhood (based on population density) located in Renton, Washington.

Fairwood real estate is primarily made up of medium sized (three or four bedroom) to large (four, five or more bedroom) single-family homes and small apartment buildings. Most of the residential real estate is owner occupied. Many of the residences in the Fairwood neighborhood are older, well-established, built between 1940 and 1969. A number of residences were also built between 1970 and 1999.

Real estate vacancies in Fairwood are 4.7%, which is lower than one will find in 77.9% of American neighborhoods. Demand for real estate in Fairwood is above average for the U.S., and may signal some demand for either price increases or new construction of residential product for this neighborhood.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:41 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times
I think that the Corvette is a fine car. I prefer the older models to the newer cars. I liked the last version of the car more than the current car. Round taillights are a corvette thing, not square looking things. A Doctor here has a 1957 Vette and it is beautifull. I would love to have a 1965 Vette.

Saying all that, the Corvett is not a car that gets my heart pumping too hard. I would put one in my garage but at the same time prefer a Porsche 911. Talking Porsche, even these cars are not considered exotics. The 911 is an everyday sports car that you can drive as a daily driver and not have to worry too much. Not like a Ferrari or Lambo that can barely get on the road without wanting to get some money out of the wallet to tune something up. Exotics are always asking for money, I could not afford one if you gave it to me.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:00 AM

556 posts, read 1,228,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I think that the Corvette is a fine car. I prefer the older models to the newer cars. I liked the last version of the car more than the current car. Round taillights are a corvette thing, not square looking things. A Doctor here has a 1957 Vette and it is beautifull. I would love to have a 1965 Vette.

Saying all that, the Corvett is not a car that gets my heart pumping too hard. I would put one in my garage but at the same time prefer a Porsche 911. Talking Porsche, even these cars are not considered exotics. The 911 is an everyday sports car that you can drive as a daily driver and not have to worry too much. Not like a Ferrari or Lambo that can barely get on the road without wanting to get some money out of the wallet to tune something up. Exotics are always asking for money, I could not afford one if you gave it to me.

Old 07-15-2016, 06:08 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times

Exactly, see how bad that looks. LOL,

What I meant was the lights on the current car, although those are not that great either.

On up to the mid 1960's were amazing looking cars. The late 60's on down to mid 1970's were still stylish. After that they went down hill and the power was not there. The 84 Corvette was a nice change but it was far from a Classic look. It got old looking fast. Corvette did not do anything for me from 1986 on untill the last model car.

Below is the look I love for late model cars.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:13 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times
Quote:

Exactly, see how bad that looks. LOL,

What I meant was the lights on the current car, although those are not that great either.

On up to the mid 1960's were amazing looking cars. The late 60's on down to mid 1970's were still stylish. After that they went down hill and the power was not there. The 84 Corvette was a nice change but it was far from a Classic look. It got old looking fast. Corvette did not do anything for me from 1986 on untill the last model car.

Below is the look I love for late model cars.
The C4 ZR1 is the only production Corvette with DOHC and 32-valve 5.7L 405HP N/A LT5 handbuilt by Mercury Marine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL3ESU5As-8
the one you have in the pic is 1989/90 model they changed the look in 1991 to the face-lifted mid-model refresh which has single square duel exhaust insted of qauad-tips used on the early ZR1 then again many say for daily driving the LT1 300HP/LT4 330HP 5.7L MPFI were the better motors on the C4 vettes

Old 07-15-2016, 08:11 AM

26,192 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:

I wouldn't mind a 911 either but while it might be comparable in performance it's not really apples to apples. I'd drive a vette 40 miles+ a day but I'm not sure I would my 911. Additionally 911 start at 90k but really roll out at 100k+ where the vette for 2lt with the performanc package can come in under 70k

Old 07-15-2016, 08:25 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I wouldn't mind a 911 either but while it might be comparable in performance it's not really apples to apples. I'd drive a vette 40 miles+ a day but I'm not sure I would my 911. Additionally 911 start at 90k but really roll out at 100k+ where the vette for 2lt with the performanc package can come in under 70k
From experience, I will tell you that it's exactly the other way around.
And one of the big reasons I got rid of my 'Vette.
Far too uncomfortable to drive long distances in.
Even with 4LT package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive