Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 04:03 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,765,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Same as 3 Series as I pointed out. People in glass houses...
Sorry, I must have missed where Lexus announced it is now offering compact, RWD, twin-turbo, fast, and sharp-handling cars that don't drive like a bloated boat.

Just because something is common doesn't make it less fun or nice, although that seems to be the thrust of the argument here - BMW makes a nice, generally affordable, fun-to-drive car that a lot of people purchase, so they must be boring and uninteresting. Correct me if your argument is otherwise.

I've never picked on Corvettes simply because they are common - I've picked on them because there are many other options in that price range that are far more interesting, fun, or generally all-around better (although the bar with Corvettes is admittedly low). If you're going to continue this asinine "people in glass houses" theory you seem to be stuck on, perhaps you should point out other options that offer the same level of performance, utility, and refinement that a well-equipped 3 series does.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:05 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,737,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
Sorry, I must have missed where Lexus announced it is now offering compact, RWD, twin-turbo, fast, and sharp-handling cars that don't drive like a bloated boat.

Just because something is common doesn't make it less fun or nice, although that seems to be the thrust of the argument here - BMW makes a nice, generally affordable, fun-to-drive car that a lot of people purchase, so they must be boring and uninteresting. Correct me if your argument is otherwise.

I've never picked on Corvettes simply because they are common - I've picked on them because there are many other options in that price range that are far more interesting, fun, or generally all-around better (although the bar with Corvettes is admittedly low). If you're going to continue this asinine "people in glass houses" theory you seem to be stuck on, perhaps you should point out other options that offer the same level of performance, utility, and refinement that a well-equipped 3 series does.
You missed my post. This is what I call a 3 Series. I never called it boring. I actually like the car and how it drives and the looks of it. Just some of the owners are ummm . But the car is nothing special. Just pointing out the irony that someone that drives a ubiquitous sports car ragging on the Corvette:

To me the 3 Series is the Camry of the sport car world. Ubiquitous and very easily attainable.

Not to say it's a bad car. Nothing wrong with it but nothing special either. Just saying people driving them shouldn't be trashing other peoples idea of "special" or "prestigious" car.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:08 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,765,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
You missed my post. This is what I call a 3 Series:

To me the 3 Series is the Camry of the sport car world. Ubiquitous and very easily attainable.

Not to say it's a bad car. Nothing wrong with it but nothing special either. Just saying people driving them shouldn't be trashing other peoples idea of "special" or "prestigious" car.

Any car is "easily attainable" - you walk in with money, drive out with a car. I've never claimed that my car is special or prestigious - however, even the thread title here is talking about Corvettes as a prestigious car. It's not, although the GM fanboys in here would have you believe that a Corvette is the next best thing to an F1 car and anything else is just overpriced Eurotrash.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:11 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,737,812 times
Quote:
Any car is "easily attainable" - you walk in with money, drive out with a car. I've never claimed that my car is special or prestigious - however, even the thread title here is talking about Corvettes as a prestigious car. It's not, although the GM fanboys in here would have you believe that a Corvette is the next best thing to an F1 car and anything else is just overpriced Eurotrash.
Yes, they are as bad as BMW fanboys

Old 07-19-2016, 04:47 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,952,664 times
Quote:

It's obvious you've never actually driven a Vette, but have convinced yourself that it's a "low performaning" car regardless of overwhelming factual data proving otherwise.
It beats the 3 series in pretty much every performance metric, has a longer warranty and maintains a high resell value.
Careful when you claim the bar for the Vette is "admittedly low" as your car is far beneath it.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:34 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,070,158 times
Another thread ruined by people who can't have a mature discussion and refrain from bickering and personal attacks. Folks, if you can't post on topic, then move on to another thread. Some inappropriate posts have been deleted. Frankly, there aren't enough hours in a day to clean up this entire thread. Consequently, it will remain closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive