Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 01:13 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Relaying his experiences with the brand is not whining, especially as it's a well known issue now.

Took GM to court over dropped valve, and.... - Corvette Forum

You obviously have no idea the lengths GM will go to avoid taking responsibility for their own flawed products.

Court: Ignition-switch lawsuits against GM can proceed

Okay, well known issue. He should have gone to arbitration. I wasn't there to witness it, nor did I tear his engine down so all I have is his story. The internet is full of stories.

I expect a car company will do what it can to avoid paying warranty claims. I know that going in and I don't expect any of them to hold my hand if something goes wrong. If I modify a car I know I'm giving them a reason not to pay out. They are just like insurance companies. You pay them a bunch of money and as soon as a claim comes up they look for a reason to not pay you and you have to wait until you see any money.

When you buy a car you shouldn't think that it is perfect and nothing will ever go wrong. It is a man-made product. The warranty is there as insurance. You can't go fooling around with mods and expect that insurance to still be in play, even if it is their fault that it is poor craftsmanship, bad parts or whatever. You may get lucky and it all works out, but a lot of times it doesn't. It is just that simple. Having mods mucks up the process.

Not too many guys run to the internet when they get a claim for something they shouldn't, or the dealer didn't notice they flashed their car back to stock and they put all the factory parts back on before bringing it in.

Oh wait...none of them do.

Last edited by Tourian; 07-18-2016 at 01:26 PM..

Old 07-18-2016, 01:24 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Okay, well known issue. He should have gone to arbitration. I wasn't there to witness it, nor did I tear his engine down so all I have is his story. The internet is full of stories.

I expect a car company will do what it can to avoid paying warranty claims. I know that going in and I don't expect any of them to hold my hand if something goes wrong. If I modify a car I know I'm giving them a reason not to pay out. They are just like insurance companies. You pay them a bunch of money and as soon as a claim comes up they look for a reason to not pay you and you have to wait until you see any money.
So if you didn't know anything about this then why not just keep your mouth shut instead of giving him a hard time about it? GM screws over their customers wherever they can.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:27 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,097,483 times
Quote:
Typical for someone trying to big boy on the internet. Your opinion is not a fact. I don't care who you are or what you do.
As someone who has driven all three, this "big boy" can speak of the subject based upon experience.

Quote:
Those are used cars. Comparing used pricing to new is dumb. You can get a used Vette too.
You've selectively forgotten the premise to our conversation, and now you're decrying 1-3 year old examples as unworthy competitors? As expected, your ploy of attrition continues to narrow. I fully expect your next response to argue about how this conversation should be based on even more finite parameters.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
So if you didn't know anything about this then why not just keep your mouth shut instead of giving him a hard time about it? GM screws over their customers wherever they can.

I know all I need to know. He had a modified car and his claim got denied. Him getting screwed over or you thinking you can keep me from talking about it means nothing to me. Like I said, people screw over dealers and car companies all the time when they flash their cars back and replace mods with stock parts before bringing them in to service.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
As someone who has driven all three, this "big boy" can speak of the subject based upon experience.

But you have no empirical data to support it. All you want to talk about is subjective qualities of each vehicle. I don't care about that. I understand that is important to you and you can talk about it all you want, but you keep responding to me for some reason.

Quote:
You've selectively forgotten the premise to our conversation, and now you're decrying 1-3 year old examples as unworthy competitors? As expected, your ploy of attrition continues to narrow. I fully expect your next response to argue about how this conversation should be based on even more finite parameters.
Well there's your problem, you think we were having a conversation and that there is a premise to it. No. You jumped in the middle of a response I made to another poster and took it in a different direction. I don't care about your premise. I don't care about used car pricing. I don't care how they feel to you.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:34 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,942 times
Who cares what people think of your car? Lame.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:35 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
Quote:
I know all I need to know. He had a modified car and his claim got denied. Him getting screwed over or you thinking you can keep me from talking about it means nothing to me.
Ah... I get it. You're not one of those people with a firm grasp of common sense, to know that talking about things you have no clue about just makes you look foolish.

For the record, a "grown man" (your words) can admit when he's wrong. Looks like you've still got a lot of growing to do.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:03 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,762,267 times
Quote:
But you have no empirical data to support it. All you want to talk about is subjective qualities of each vehicle. I don't care about that. I understand that is important to you and you can talk about it all you want, but you keep responding to me for some reason.

The entire thread is about subjective opinions - even the thread title references subjective opinions. I think the only absolute fact in the entire thread is that Corvettes are vastly inferior cars.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:07 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
The entire thread is about subjective opinions - even the thread title references subjective opinions. I think the only absolute fact in the entire thread is that Corvettes are vastly inferior cars.
Says the guy who drives a 3 Series. Pot Kettle Black

Old 07-18-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Ah... I get it. You're not one of those people with a firm grasp of common sense, to know that talking about things you have no clue about just makes you look foolish.

For the record, a "grown man" (your words) can admit when he's wrong. Looks like you've still got a lot of growing to do.
No, I'm still satisfied that I'm right. But thanks though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive