Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 08:43 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
They are when it comes to making and selling pickups Toyota pickups can’t match the 350 or the 350 series pickups that Detroit builds and the Honda Ridgeline is a joke it’s not even a pickup it’s a unibody SUV. And Toyota and Honda know this that’s why the let Detroit have the full-size pickup market.
Do you think they dont have the know how or technology to build them??

I am thinking its part of a trade deal/understanding which says Toyota or Honda shouldnt build Suburbans or Tahoes or 150's. Another one is opening the Indian markets in return of nominal educated labor.

And before calling me stupid, you have your beliefs, I have my details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 08:51 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Quote:
That’s news to me I see them all the time but again I live in the outskirts of the city.
https://nox-lux.com/off-roading/us-o...aws-per-state/

Old 06-08-2018, 08:58 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times
Quote:
Don’t know what to tell ya look away from the glare then because they are not illegal to have on their vehicle take your fight to Congress and get the law changed good luck.
From the way this is written, it sounds like they are illegal in my state:

Quote:
(b) All lamps used on a motor vehicle except a motorcycle shall be so arranged, adjusted and operated, as to avoid dangerous glare or dazzle.  Except as provided in paragraph (d) of this subdivision, the upper outline of any beam of dazzling light projected to the left of the longitudinal axis of the vehicle by the lowermost light distribution of a headlamp designed to produce more than one light distribution, or by the single light distribution of any other lamp used on such a motor vehicle, shall not rise higher than the lamp center at a distance of twenty-five feet nor higher than forty-two inches at a distance of seventy-five feet.  In each case, the height of the beam shall be measured from the plane upon which the vehicle stands and the distance shall be measured from the lamp projecting the light.

(c) No lamp shall be used on a motor vehicle having a light source greater than thirty-two candle power, unless such lamp is approved by the commissioner as provided by this section.  The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply to any light which is permitted to be displayed only on an authorized emergency vehicle, a hazard vehicle or a vehicle which is permitted to display a blue or green light pursuant to paragraphs four and five of subdivision forty-one of this section.

Provided that, whenever a vehicle approaching from ahead is within five hundred feet, or when approaching a moving vehicle from the rear and within two hundred feet of the same, the headlamps, if of the multiple beam type, or the auxiliary front facing lamps, if the vehicle is so equipped, shall be operated so that dazzling light does not interfere with the driver of the approaching vehicle, or the vehicle being approached, and, whenever the highway is so lighted or traffic thereon is such that illumination of the highway for more than two hundred feet ahead of the vehicle by lights on such vehicle is unnecessary or impracticable, the headlamps, if of the multiple beam type, or the auxiliary front facing lamps, if the vehicle is so equipped, shall be operated with the lowermost distribution of light in use.  Nothing contained in this subdivision shall be construed to prevent the use of flashing high beams to signify an intention to pass a vehicle or vehicles when two or more vehicles are traveling in the same direction, the operation of any headlamp as defined in paragraph d of subdivision two of this section, nor shall it apply to any auxiliary front facing lamp permitted to be displayed only on an authorized emergency vehicle.
https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/vehicle...-sect-375.html

Old 06-08-2018, 09:01 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Why Large SUvS get Hate From Some People??
I have no problem with it. If you can afford it, and like driving it, then go for it.

The only time I roll my eyes at folks who own huge vehicles is when they complain about MPG or fill up cost. It's not like they didn't know what they signed up for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd love to own a Suburban or Tahoe as a secondary vehicle, that would be incredibly useful sometimes. For me though—with my needs, space, budget—my '05 4Runner at 20mpg average is just fine, we use the Prius as a commuter because it makes $ense.

How bout this one?

https://******************/listing/1...rolet-tahoe-2/

LS9-Powered 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe
Current Bid: $21,000 Ends In: 5 days

Quote:
The 6.2-liter supercharged LS9 V8 is a hand-built crate engine from General Motors that was installed by the technicians at Titus Will Chevrolet of Olympia, Washington. Wicked Fabrication in Auburn, Washington provided the custom fabrication work and also serviced and tuned the truck throughout the first 1k miles of break in. Factory output numbers for the motor are 638 horsepower and 604 lb-ft of torque.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:05 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,660 times
Quote:
Don’t know what to tell ya look away from the glare then because they are not illegal to have on their vehicle take your fight to Congress and get the law changed good luck.
Something is wrong with you. LOL

Old 06-08-2018, 11:07 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
I have no problem with it. If you can afford it, and like driving it, then go for it.

The only time I roll my eyes at folks who own huge vehicles is when they complain about MPG or fill up cost. It's not like they didn't know what they signed up for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd love to own a Suburban or Tahoe as a secondary vehicle, that would be incredibly useful sometimes. For me though—with my needs, space, budget—my '05 4Runner at 20mpg average is just fine, we use the Prius as a commuter because it makes $ense.

How bout this one?

https://******************/listing/1...rolet-tahoe-2/

LS9-Powered 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe
Current Bid: $21,000 Ends In: 5 days

One time I was at the pump and the guy next to me was filling up a Cadillac pickup truck, I think it was an Escalade and he was complaining about how much it cost to fill up. He said "I wish I was driving your car right now". LOL He should have thought about the gas prices before he went and bought that monster.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:17 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Define quickly. Ford will have to design a whole new car before they can retool a plant to make a sedan again.

I hope GM takes advantage of Ford's withdrawl from the sedan market and snatches up a larger piece of the pie.
You do know that when Ford retooled their F150 plant for the new model, it was completely gutted, re-tooled and back on line in 20 days (During the Christmas break, so they were shut down most of that time anyway.) If they keep their designs updated and ready to go, it really is not that big a deal as long as suppliers are available.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:19 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Define quickly. Ford will have to design a whole new car before they can retool a plant to make a sedan again.

I hope GM takes advantage of Ford's withdrawl from the sedan market and snatches up a larger piece of the pie.
You do know that when Ford retooled their F150 plant for the new model, it was completely gutted, re-tooled and back on line in 20 days (During the Christmas break, so they were shut down most of that time anyway.) If they keep their designs updated and ready to go, it really is not that big a deal as long as suppliers are available.

GM is ramping up their SUV, CUV and Pick up trucks so they can compete with Ford in the vehicles l

Old 06-08-2018, 11:50 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,427,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post

GM is ramping up their SUV, CUV and Pick up trucks so they can compete with Ford in the vehicles l
These people on here have no clue how fast a assembly plant can be revamped people on here think they know but they don’t. And yes Gm, and Chrysler are ramping up production of their pickups and SUVs and jeeps to keep up with the demand for these vehicles. The new Jeep pickup is being built this year also. Sedans are not selling and the automakers know this.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:25 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,176,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
?
Because some people love to hate.

A further explanation of your question might be useful, but meanwhile I'll get out the ouija board and see what I can come up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive