Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 03:29 PM

13 posts, read 51,194 times

Advertisements

I built one, and put it on my 1987 Dodge Colt. Before the HHO unit that produces about .75 liters per minute on the average, my gas mileage went from 33 MPG to 44 MPG.
I spent about $130 on materials. I bought a vacuum switch that turns it on and off automatically, and a flashback arrestor to keep it from exploding should the engine backfire. I love it. I do enjoy saving over a dollar a gallon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 05:02 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
If it makes you feel better to believe such hogwash, then enjoy it until your hearts content.
IMHO, I don't beleive you built one, and if you did, it sure as hell didn't do anything for your mileage, but just for fun, lets see the pictures.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 PM

Default You'll soon see.

As time goes on you will see. Because there's no way this is going to be swept under the carpet by big oil. And I don't care if you don't believe me, because it's you spending the extra money on fuel not me.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 PM

By the way, you can see pictures of the unit I built, and the newer more stable unit I am building just by going to my hydroxy folder and opening the pictures. Index of /bluelightnin/hydroxygen (http://pages.sbcglobal.net/bluelightnin/hydroxygen/ - broken link) The first unit I built, I welded the wires directly to the anodes and cathodes. (This was because fabricating anodes would cost so much, between $5 to $8 per anode/cathode, this unit uses 5, and I didn't want to invest much in it since all the flat earth people were saying it doesn't work) The modification I'm making is to use tabbed anodes and cathodes, so that the joining of the dissimilar metals won't cause oxidation. And with the custom fabricated plates I can place them much closer together, which should increase the amount of hydroxy generated, which I think will improve mileage even more. I do plan on putting multiple units on to see if more hydroxy makes better mileage.

Last edited by BlueLightnin; 07-29-2008 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: Left out Url of pictures

Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This is a carefully concieved device designed to separate fools from their money.
You tell 'em Greg! And remember, my savings is the equivalent of over a dollar per gallon, and as the price increases, I save even more. OPEC is separating the fools from their money. And you misspelled conceived.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightnin View Post
As time goes on you will see. Because there's no way this is going to be swept under the carpet by big oil. And I don't care if you don't believe me, because it's you spending the extra money on fuel not me.
As time goes by, YOU will see..! Believe me, this scam has been making the rounds for years now, and everyone like yourself who professes to have built one, and all the people declaring they are now in independent labs getting the final testing, well those people have all faded away, because it never has worked, and it never will work.
Do you honestly believe the factories wouldn't be all over this if it worked? Nope, they would rather spend millions each year, trying for the slightest mileage advantage to get the government off of their backs.
The patent has been off this worthless device for years, so anyone with a small machine shop could produce them by the thousands for a very low cost. Yet no one does, I wonder why?
If the device had any potential at all, our crude oil problems would be behind us, and this country would be prospering instead of shipping our money to some Saudi King.
Stanley Meyer's had the patent, and he was indicted for fraud in '96, for scamming investors to invest in this junk science. It doesn't work any better today than when good old Stan was out conning people...
If you have one, and think it works, good for you. Enjoy it while the rest of us non-believers suffer

Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 AM

By the way, the web site you posted will not open. Please post a link. I have a file saved on every article I see on devises such as this.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM

Donn if the page doesn't open that's because you are in capable of entering the information into your location bar correctly. You are a waste of my time. You are the the kind of person who calls the wheel a scam -- Oh yeah, the wheel doesn't make anything go easier -- remember -- "can neither be created nor destroyed" So therefore leverage doesn't exist and neither a round earth. And all those Hollywood films of the moon and space. It's all a scam huh? If anyone doing the HHO had gone away, it's because Oil paid them to. But I don't think any has gone away, only away from people like you who waste their time. You don't have to believe it. You don't have to use it. But it's there, it works and it's saving big money for people who have to drive everyday. And even now people are putting it into use supplementing home heating. It's green, it saves, it's simple -- almost as simple as the wheel. But closed minds are forbidden territory. I'm sorry you won't benefit from it. But the real shame is that there are some people who will follow you. I'm not trying to sell you anything. I'm just telling you it works. Go build one, try it, it doesn't cost too much. Do like I did, build it cheap just to see if it works. You've thrown out $30 before. You're doing it now, every time you fill your tank. Oh I forgot, the earth's flat, we've never been to the moon, lightning never strikes twice in the same place and JFK is still alive. - Elvis is too huh?

Old 07-30-2008, 12:27 PM

681 posts, read 2,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
By the way, the ...site you posted will not open.
If his "HHO" system won't work any better than the link to his URL it may mean BlueLightnin is far too intelligent for mere mortals. Maybe you could try some civil discourse using Klingon?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:26 PM

I don't have a closed mind, just an educated one. I have been an auto tech for over forty years, and has seen these scams come and go for much longer than that. You can't defy the laws of science.
The bogus stories about the government or big oil buying up and squelching the 100 MPG carburetor, etc, is just as old, and just as phony. It's called urban legend.....!! No one with the IQ of a grape believes any of that bunk....
If this worked, I would be among the happiest on the planet, but, as I said before, it never has, and it never will.
If the one you make does work, I would get off the computer, and out in the garage, because if you hurry up the manufacturing process, you will pass Bill Gates up in a few months...
I plan on ordering mine as soon as my $50 million dollar check comes in from the African email scam that is almost as popular as the one you're pushing.
End of a ridiculous conversation. Just write me in six months and tell me how it's going, if you dare show your face by then.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive