Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:38 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,710,914 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't bother to build one of these things as it screams junk science to me.. Having said that however, the link provided works as is. There's 7 pictures there (JPGs). Maybe some of you aren't quite as smart as you think you are.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 03:08 PM

681 posts, read 2,915,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The bogus stories about the government or big oil buying up and squelching the 100 MPG carburetor, etc, is just as old, and just as phony. It's called urban legend.....!! No one with the IQ of a grape believes any of that bunk....
Exactly my point. You are 'spot on', in my view. Just another urban legend

Old 07-30-2008, 03:10 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,894,398 times
Default Cutting Through The Baloney...

Ok you guys...

All this endless arguing back and forth ad naseum is getting nowhere.
For example: "this is a scam, it doesn't work, never has"...."does too"...."does not"..."does too"...."does not"..."you're an idiot"..."oh yeah, well you're stupid...and your mother is ugly", blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc:

Here's the deal: Forget all the hype and opinions. Concerning HHO, I say PROVE IT!
If you think it won't work, then PROVE that it doesn't work, by installing one in your vehicle, then show us your test results. Don't just sit back in an easy chair and tell us something can't work, when you've never actually tried it.

On the other hand, if you think it DOES work: I say PROVE IT!
Install one in your vehicle, then show us your test results!

Better yet, install one in your vehicle, then have an impartial, unbiased 2nd party do the testing...

Results of one test are not good enough. To get somewhat of a fair idea, I'd say the results of at least a dozen, or so, test vehicles might tell us something.

Here's why: none of us are really interested in what the various private pre-concieved beliefs may or may not be....they convince no one...especially if what you are saying is not based on actual use and experience. What we ARE interested in: actual test RESULTS...of actually running one of these contraptions. I want to hear from someone who has actually used one of these things. Shouldn't be too much to ask...

Any takers?

Bud

Old 07-30-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
I wouldn't bother to build one of these things as it screams junk science to me.. Having said that however, the link provided works as is. There's 7 pictures there (JPGs). Maybe some of you aren't quite as smart as you think you are.
Or maybe it's now been fixed. Because the same URL now is OK. Or you may be right. We just might be as stupid as dirt.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM

Gosh, Bud, you're taking all the fun out of it. ZIP.....................

Old 07-30-2008, 07:21 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,904,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Ok you guys...
you think it won't work, then PROVE that it doesn't work, by installing one in your vehicle, then show us your test results. Don't just sit back in an easy chair and tell us something can't work, when you've never actually tried it. Bud
That's the craziest idea I ever heard..! You expect me to spend my time, energy, and money on something that can't work, to prove it can't work?
I have my proof, this gadget has been promoted now for at least 15 years, if not more. Not one has ever proven to work. If they did work, ever car in America would have one in that length of time, yet no reputable firm has ever marketed such an item. No one wants to build a simple, inexpensive devise that would make them the wealthiest man in the world...? Makes sense to me....
You tell me, if you could build these in your garage in a couple of hours, and guarantee a minimum of a 30% mileage increase, would you or would you not become fabulously wealthy in a very short time period?
Use a little common sense.....

Old 07-30-2008, 08:18 PM

13 posts, read 51,206 times
Tonight July 30, 2008. Watch NBC news at 10 PM CDT Channel 2 in Tulsa Oklahoma, and it's viewing area. I don't know your stations in your areas, but NBC network. They're testing one, and you'll see for yourself. One problem with the one they're testing, it costs a lot, but that's the price you pay, and it's worth every penny, because you'll see if you watch the NBC news. And I do use one. I love it, it saves over a dollar a gallon. That means I get my gas cheaper than you do. I finished my second model today. It's for my friend who was instrumental in getting my stainless tabbed anode/cathode plates. It's better than the first one I built, but then I was building the first one cheap, just to find out if the talk was true. -- And guess what. It is true, HHO saves you 30% and more. It works on diesel, gas, EFI, and TBI. It cleans up the exhaust - I think they touch on that on the news segment, that depends on if they run the whole segment or if they edit it for time. Some of you people need to get lives. Why do you look for a conversation on the net then jump in and talk like you know something, accuse strangers of lying about something that isn't gonna make them a penny, or put them in any better position by lying about it. What is it with you? You just want a fight? You ought to know you're pretty stupid, we're all pretty stupid. Not too many years ago, only Al Gore had dreamed of an internet. So all in all I don't know much, but I do know HHO does work. And it's awesome. If gas only cost 50 cents a gallon, it'd take a long time for the initial cost to pay off. Unless of course, you wanted to consider the amount of carbons emitted into the air, and put a value on that.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
That's the craziest idea I ever heard..! You expect me to spend my time, energy, and money on something that can't work, to prove it can't work?
I have my proof, this gadget has been promoted now for at least 15 years, if not more. Not one has ever proven to work. If they did work, ever car in America would have one in that length of time, yet no reputable firm has ever marketed such an item. No one wants to build a simple, inexpensive devise that would make them the wealthiest man in the world...? Makes sense to me....
You tell me, if you could build these in your garage in a couple of hours, and guarantee a minimum of a 30% mileage increase, would you or would you not become fabulously wealthy in a very short time period?
Use a little common sense.....
Crazy like a moon landing.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
Exactly my point. You are 'spot on', in my view. Just another urban legend
But Franklyn 4666599 -- Mine is fact. I built it, it's on my car, it increased my mileage from 33 MPG before, to 44 MPG after. And my tailpipe was black and sooty, but it's not anymore! See it on the NBC news!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I don't have a closed mind, just an educated one. I have been an auto tech for over forty years, and has seen these scams come and go for much longer than that. You can't defy the laws of science.
The bogus stories about the government or big oil buying up and squelching the 100 MPG carburetor, etc, is just as old, and just as phony. It's called urban legend.....!! No one with the IQ of a grape believes any of that bunk....
If this worked, I would be among the happiest on the planet, but, as I said before, it never has, and it never will.
If the one you make does work, I would get off the computer, and out in the garage, because if you hurry up the manufacturing process, you will pass Bill Gates up in a few months...
I plan on ordering mine as soon as my $50 million dollar check comes in from the African email scam that is almost as popular as the one you're pushing.
End of a ridiculous conversation. Just write me in six months and tell me how it's going, if you dare show your face by then.....
Well after the news tonight, you're gonna look dumb as dirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive