Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 06:45 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times

Advertisements

TWA
Delta
American
United
Continental
PanAm
SWA
Western
Frontier
Ryan Air
Air France
Lufthansa
Singapore Air
JAL
Northwestern
Eastern
British Air
Midland
Branif
SunCountry
TWA
Czech Air
People Express
US Air
Iberia
Virgin'
Italia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 08:52 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Defunct
Air Gabon
Air Service (Gabon)
Air Inter (Gabon)
Sabena
National
Eastern
Texas International
TWA
Swissair
UTA
BOAC
British Caledonian
BEA
Pan Am
Republic
Metro
Continental

Existing or not sure
Lufthansa
Aeroflot
Thai
Emirates
Qatar Air
Egypt Air
South African Airways
United
Delta
A couple of peruvian airlines
Air France
KLM
Southwest
Air New Zealand
Singapore Airlines

More I have forgotten after 45 years of international travel

Old 02-18-2017, 09:13 PM

10,099 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Jetblue
Delta
American

Old 02-18-2017, 11:52 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,532,532 times
Delta
United
U.S. Airways
Continental
American
Air Canada
Air France
British Airways
KLM
Embassy Air (U.S. Government)
Royal Air Maroc(Morocco)
South African
Ethiopian
Egypt Air
Fly Dubai
Emirates
Qatar
Wizz Air (Hungary)
Aeroflot
Transaero(Russia defunct)
Air Serbia
Montenegro Airlines
Brussels Airlines
Lufthansa
Austrian Airlines
Thai Airlines
Air Asia
Korean Air
All Nippon Airlines (Japan)
Turkish Air
Somon Airlines (Tajikistan)
Ukraine International Airlines
Air Astana (Kazakhstan)
MIAT (Mongolia)
AirBaltic (Latvia)

Old 02-19-2017, 04:29 AM

1,880 posts, read 2,309,659 times
Air New Zealand
Qantas
Singapore Airlines
UTA
Garuda
Royal Jordanian

Looking at other lists, I seem to be the only one that has flown either Royal Jordanian or UTA? I liked the food on UTA (being a French airline helps) and Royal Jordanian crew were very nice (Garuda was the airline that I thought had the worst crew)

I did fly a little bit with my siblings as unaccompanied minors which usually meant one got to hand out the sweets for people's ears and also visited the cockpit (this is back in the 70s)

Old 02-19-2017, 07:16 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Growing up in Alaska I flew on Wien F27's and 737-200's many times. It was always an adventure.
I flew on Wien's 737's when I was in the Air Force stationed at Galena Air Base. I enjoyed the short flights between Anchorage, Fairbanks and Galena. I believe Wien was merged into Alaska Airlines, but I'm not sure. I know my base in Galena was closed. I enjoyed my 2 years in Alaska. My 1 year at Galena, followed by a year at Elmendorf. Beautiful state.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:35 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
Air New Zealand
Qantas
Singapore Airlines
UTA
Garuda
Royal Jordanian

Looking at other lists, I seem to be the only one that has flown either Royal Jordanian or UTA? I liked the food on UTA (being a French airline helps) and Royal Jordanian crew were very nice (Garuda was the airline that I thought had the worst crew)

I did fly a little bit with my siblings as unaccompanied minors which usually meant one got to hand out the sweets for people's ears and also visited the cockpit (this is back in the 70s)
I flew on UTA a few times to and from Africa. Far better than the useless Air France flights. There was much sadness when UTA was absorbed by Air France.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:36 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,745,966 times
Let me add a few I have flown on I have not seen listed.

Aeroflot
BEA (British European Air)
Braniff
Northeastern Air
Mississippi Valley Air
Mohawk Air
TAA (Trans Australia Air)
TTA (Trans Texas Air)

Old 02-19-2017, 08:44 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times
I have been on Aeroflot but unfortunately not in the old days, only in 2014 with a Sukhoi Superjet from Kazan to Moscow.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:51 AM

82 posts, read 81,759 times
I've flown all the usual U.S./Canada/Mexico airlines. I went to Taiwan once and flew there on Malaysia Airlines. I flew in a standard economy seat. It was like the equivalent of flying first class in the U.S. The seats were wider than typical airline seats. We were given leather menus and allowed to pick from a choice of several meals at each meal...and appetizers (including shrimp). We were served wine/beer. Someone was constantly going around with fruit juice and snacks (sandwiches, fruit, nuts). In the morning, we were given warm, wet washcloths to wash your face, etc. Before every meal, we were given wet washcloths also to wash our hands. It was a long flight, but it certainly was made much more comfortable by all the luxuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation