Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I keep reading that A Rod will get a 100 to 150 game suspension. I don't really understand why his suspension is longer than the others. Not an ARod fan, just curious.
The additional penalty for Arod is being based on:
A) Lying to the MLB investigator (obstructing the investigation)
B) Distributing PEDs to others via facilitating their contacts with Biogenesis Labs.

Meanwhile, I'm sure everyone believes this:
Quote:
A-Rod wants to be a 'role model'
Alex Rodriguez claims in an interview with Sports Illustrated that he still wants "to be a role model" despite the "noise" surrounding the embattled New York Yankees slugger from the Biogenesis scandal.

"Look, it's concerning," Rodriguez told the magazine. "I have two daughters at home, and I'm sensitive to that, and above all, I want to be a role model, continue to be a role model -- especially to my girls.
Alex Rodriguez tells Sports Illustrated he still wants 'to be a role model' - ESPN New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 07:51 AM

And as part of his plan to be a role model.....

Source: A-Rod reps talk settlement

Quote:
After Alex Rodriguez's lawyer said his client would fight any discipline from Major League Baseball, a source familiar with discussions told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" Wednesday that A-Rod's representatives are now negotiating a possible settlement that could result in a lengthy suspension.

Several sources have told "Outside the Lines" that some MLB officials have pushed for a lifetime ban, saying they would rather force Rodriguez to defend himself than agree to a suspension that allows him play while he appeals. Rodriguez was presented with MLB's evidence in recent days, detailing what sources said were "volumes" of documents establishing a connection between Rodriguez and Biogenesis clinic founder Tony Bosch.

Sources said MLB was also given evidence supporting accusations that Rodriguez attempted to coerce at least one witness in MLB's investigation. That accusation is the basis of MLB's argument that Rodriguez may be punished for his conduct, in addition to multiple violations of the game's joint drug agreement.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:43 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,060 times
Bud Selig will no longer negotiate and A-Rod will be suspended until the end of the 2014 season.

Alex Rodriguez likely to be suspended through 2014 season on Monday, according to sources - ESPN New York

Old 08-03-2013, 08:10 PM

How about each of the other 29 clubs kick in 2.6 million which would be 75 million dollars. The Yankees, who after all were stupid enough to sign Rodriguez to the contract, pay the other 25 million. Give Arod the money and release him, ending the problem once and for all.

I'm sure Rodriguez would be happy to take the money and run like a bandit even though he never gets to play again. He keeps insisting that he just wants to get back on the field, but c'mon, at this point what would that be like? The man is poison and everywhere he went he would find the stands packed with fans who came just to boo the crap out of him and wave homemade signs featuring an assortment of sarcasm and genuine loathing. He will have to move about with body guards who scan the crowds to see if any hate mail senders have shown up in person.

Who wants that?

I say pay the d-bag and send him into exile.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:50 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
I'm sick and tired of this never-ending PED tird circus. MLB needs to ban him for life. Period. Put an asterisk by his name in the record books, be done with him, and in a month no one will remember him.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-04-2013, 12:02 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'm sick and tired of this never-ending PED tird circus. MLB needs to ban him for life. Period. Put an asterisk by his name in the record books, be done with him, and in a month no one will remember him.
why?

never tested positive,

doped for a few years when baseball hadn't outlawed PED's

never failed a test

how does he deserve 200 games or lifetime ban?

Braun only got 15 additional for violating the 'baseball agreement' during his now infamous presser

Braun failed a test

either they need to come out and show exactly what they have on him or not, same with Braun, how can you determine for sure what he should get when baseball won't show the evidence, this "tampering" or whatever. How is this so different than what Braun and others did?

MLB is working with and Paying Bosch

doesn't have anything to do with Braun playing for the Commish's former team does it?

Old 08-04-2013, 03:55 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
why?

never tested positive,

doped for a few years when baseball hadn't outlawed PED's

never failed a test

how does he deserve 200 games or lifetime ban?

Braun only got 15 additional for violating the 'baseball agreement' during his now infamous presser

Braun failed a test

either they need to come out and show exactly what they have on him or not, same with Braun, how can you determine for sure what he should get when baseball won't show the evidence, this "tampering" or whatever. How is this so different than what Braun and others did?

MLB is working with and Paying Bosch

doesn't have anything to do with Braun playing for the Commish's former team does it?
We don't know the entire scope of the situation and all of the evidence MLB has on him. If this thing gets dragged out, it will get very messy. A Rod is not going to be playing for a very long time.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:04 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
A Rod is an arrogant jerk. I hope he get suspended all of 2014 at least and loose his appeal.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:24 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Anyone else miss the days when the PEDs of choice were beer and tobacco?

Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 PM

Suspension announcements expected in five minutes.

Most teams have around 50 games left to play this season, I wonder if this was timed so that suspensions for the remainder of the season will work out to be the same as a first time test violation penalty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball