Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 07:04 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,133,502 times

Advertisements

MLB 2019 Gold Glove Winners
American League
Position Player
1B Matt Olson, Athletics
2B Yolmer Sanchez, White Sox
3B Matt Chapman, Athletics
SS Francisco Lindor, Indians
LF Alex Gordon, Royals
CF Kevin Kiermaier, Rays
RF Mookie Betts, Red Sox
C Roberto Perez, Indians
P Mike Leake, Mariners/Diamondbacks

National League
Position Player
1B Anthony Rizzo, Cubs
2B Kolten Wong, Cardinals
3B Nolan Arenado, Rockies
SS Nick Ahmed, Diamondbacks
LF David Peralta, Diamondbacks
CF Lorenzo Cain, Brewers
RF Cody Bellinger, Dodgers
C JT Realmuto, Phillies
P Zack Greinke, Diamondback/Astros

The only metrics leader who did not win was Twins centerfielder Byron Buxton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 04:37 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,070,697 times
Cardinals extended the QO to Ozuna.
https://www.mlb.com/news/marcell-ozu...from-cardinals

Old 11-05-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
The New York Yankees have decided not to extend the $17.8 million qualifying offer to shortstop Didi Gregorius, making him a free agent.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...didi-gregorius

A club signing Gregorius now would not have to forfeit a draft pick.

In other news, J.D. Martinez has formally declined to opt out of his contract with the Red Sox which is worth 62.5 million over the next three seasons. Martinez has an opt out option after the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Old 11-06-2019, 12:10 AM

834 posts, read 529,299 times
I got a call from the Chicago Cubs today. Evidently I signed up for their season ticket waiting list ten years ago and my number finally came up. I dont remember doing it but this sounds like something I'd do after hearing of a ten year waiting list...

Old 11-09-2019, 01:58 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumby88 View Post
I got a call from the Chicago Cubs today. Evidently I signed up for their season ticket waiting list ten years ago and my number finally came up. I dont remember doing it but this sounds like something I'd do after hearing of a ten year waiting list...
Can you sell that spot to someone who wants tix w/out waiting?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-10-2019, 05:54 PM

Back in 2017, Albert Pujols grounded into his 351st double play, passing Cal Ripken for first place all time. Since then Albert has pushed the record up to 395.

He has averaged 20.7 double plays per season, is 39 years old, and has two years remaining on his contract.

The only active player with a shot at challenging Pujols' record is another slow, aging right handed batter, Miguel Cabrera. He has 318 double plays in his 17 year career. He is 36 and has four years remaining on his bloated contract.

If Pujols is able to add another 30 double plays over his final two seasons, he would end with 425. In such a case, Cabrera would have to average 26.7 double plays over his final four years, and his current average is 18.7.

So, barring something unusual, Pujols will retain the record and will have it for a long time. No active player other than Cabrera is on the radar.

Old 11-14-2019, 01:04 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
I’d be shocked if Ozuna doesn’t get a QO from the Cards. They’ve shown to be big fans of 1 year deals when they’re available, and won’t want to lose him for nothing. Stranger things have happened though!
The Cardinals have had issues of acquiring and retaining players who hit balls with bats for base hits and runs. Retaining Ozuna is a priority.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:36 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,969,279 times
Will Smith is going to Hotlanta.

https://www.mlb.com/news/braves-sign...hree-year-deal

Despite still needing rotation help, this is a huge move for the Braves. I keep saying that they've got a big shot at next year's World Series, and this is a serious first step.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Will Smith is going to Hotlanta.

https://www.mlb.com/news/braves-sign...hree-year-deal

Despite still needing rotation help, this is a huge move for the Braves. I keep saying that they've got a big shot at next year's World Series, and this is a serious first step.
The Giants extended the qualifying offer to Smith, so this signing will cost the Braves a draft pick.

Smith was a valuable asset to the Giants, but the last thing that a rebuilding club needs is highly paid ace closer. That is something you shop for when you need one more piece to be a contender. You don't need an ace closer if you don't arrive at the 9th inning with a lead very often.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:03 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,695,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
The Giants extended the qualifying offer to Smith, so this signing will cost the Braves a draft pick.

Smith was a valuable asset to the Giants, but the last thing that a rebuilding club needs is highly paid ace closer. That is something you shop for when you need one more piece to be a contender. You don't need an ace closer if you don't arrive at the 9th inning with a lead very often.
Farhan has to be super excited he'll get an extra draft pick now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball