Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
what "counterpoint" is needed? you see you butted in on a conversation that you have yet to see or understand the point in. so here i will spell it out to you, the other poster talks about how coach pop drew the neal 3 up in the huddle which i replied with how the 2 game winners by the griz where luck in that they where not drawn plays, one of which wasnt even a good shot but one of the lowest probable shots of the game in randolphs contested 3. out of the 3 shots in question only one was not a pure lucky shot but a designed play thus speaking to the posters point. now you decided to attempt to twist that into an argument of how the griz should not have won the games they did.

now i have given more credit to the griz to this point then just about anyone, anyone not popping in to troll spurs fans or fair weather fans who seem to be all about the griz these days but never spoke of them 3 months ago. i would say yes the spurs 61 wins had plenty of luck involved, lucky the refs didnt call a blocking foul in denver instead of offensive on melo, lucky manu and neal both hit some game winners through out, lucky for the health of the team all season, and bad luck on the 6 game losing streak. luck is a factor in every game as well. surely every game except game 3 had luck involved and the team who won, won but none where decisive and baring or enjoying a lucky role or bounce could have gone either way.

i will say again, you missed the point, you didnt pay any attention, or just wanted to troll to see about a rise doesnt matter, it is what it is. there has been no chest pounding on my part outside of a "gary f-ing neal" comment, if you call that chest pounding well we have 2 different definitions. griz fans (fair weather and other wise) have been pounding their chests since half way through game one, until last night (or including depending on how you look at it) they have had all the reasons in the world, then again the fact that they printed hats after game 4 saying "we beat the spurs" to hand out to fans was a bit premature and over the top. we will see in the end but watching that over time, momentum sure looked to have shifted. griz and their fans better pray and hope and beg to win tomorrow because they will not survive a game 7. hows that for chest pounding king kong?
I butted in on a public conversation? Does that makes sense to you? Whatever you post out in the open is fair game, that goes for anyone. Get a grip, sound like you're about to pop a blood vessel lmao....I saw exactly who you were talking to. And I responded to your post. Want just a private discussion with that poster? Well then PM them, don't ***** because your post got responded to by someone else....

I'm not even interested in the rest of your post. Grizz are up 3-2... until it's 3-3 or the Spurs come back to win it, come to grips with the reality that they're trailing in a series that they probably should have finished off by now. Why did the number one seeded Spurs allow the 'lowly and lucky' Grizz to play them close enough so that the Grizz could win the game with an 'unlikely' three by Randolph? I mean you did say the Spurs would decimate them, right? They should have put the games out of reach so that such 'lucky' shots don't bite them in the ass. Don't be mad at me, Rigas.... save that fire for your team. They're the ones underperforming at present....I guess it's luck that the Grizz have played them tight all games except the one they blew them out, right? Lots of luck to go around....

Last edited by Roman77; 04-28-2011 at 01:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 04:53 PM

909 posts, read 1,062,860 times
The spurs are the ones who had to hit two hail-mary shots in the final seconds to stave off elimination.

But their "luck" runs out in Memphis on Friday night. Book it. Write it down. Won't be close.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:31 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,141 times
And what about Battier's shot or Randolph's incredibly lucky three? What would you call those? Great execution? Baloney, fact is that both teams have hit lucky shots. And with the exception of g4 all the games have been close and hard fought. But with the embarrassing choke job by the Grizzlies last night it seems as though Memphis is now sol. Look for the Championship proven Spurs to run away with g6 easily. The young grizzlies have not seen the kind of super-intense playoff pressure that they will tomorrow night. Can you say massive at-home choke job in game six for Memphis? Oh yeah, I think so.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:35 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,430 times
With the fight the Spurs showed the other night, I believe they can win this series!!

Old 04-28-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
And what about Battier's shot or Randolph's incredibly lucky three? What would you call those? Great execution? Baloney, fact is that both teams have hit lucky shots. And with the exception of g4 all the games have been close and hard fought.
Exactly, which was my point. Luck plays a role in alot of things that occur over the course of a basketball game. A lucky bounce here, friendly roll there. But to single out the Grizz as simply being lucky to have won these games( not you), is a disservice. They have played great basketball this series. This is the number 8 seed we're talking here. I think credit is due, they have put themselves in a position to win every game. The ball didn't bounce their way last night, but hey, a different bounce here and there and the series might have been over. I say every game was won by the right team. I think this is by far the series of the playoffs, at least from a standpoint of the number 8 playing the number 1, and I think it's unfair for certain people to play the 'meh they just got lucky twice' game. The Grizz put themselves in position to win those games, just as the Spurs positioned themselves to win last night. Personally I'm looking forward to a well-played game 6 tomorrow....

Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times

Old 04-28-2011, 06:39 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
I watched the Spurs/Grizz game in its entirety for the first time last nite. The Grizz are no joke. They were coming up with shot after shot. They have some ballers. That guy named Sam Young was a baller. I had never heard of him either before even. I still think they lose Gasol to free agency though.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:30 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
With all due respect, don't be delusional. The Grizz have matched the Spurs throughout this series. You want to talk about being in those games to the very end? The Grizz had the lead down to the last minute last night, kudos to the Spurs for pulling out in the end, but they very well could have lost last night. San Antonio was at home, and needed O.T to squeeze out a victory. And you've been noticeably demure as the Grizz took a 3-1 lead. Now they barely win last night and you're sticking out your chest like the Grizz have simply been 'lucky'? No, the Spurs should have taken care of business better than they have, which is why they're trailing in the series. Let me guess, Manu isn't 100% is your next excuse, right? Well Rudy Gay isn't playing PERIOD. If I recall the only blowout in the series so far is by Memphis 104-86 in game 4, I suppose that was luck too?

Take off the Black and silver glasses for a second and at least try to be objective. Last week you said the Spurs would decimate them. After it was proven that wasn't going to happen, all of a sudden you're singing a tune about the Grizz being one of the best defensive teams, yadda yadd yadda. At least be consistent in your views.
I have to agree with you here. Gasol and Randolph have dominated the Spurs in the paint. Tim Duncan looks OLD and him getting 13 or 15 points a game for the Spurs isn't going to get them a championship. The Grizzlies look quicker, hungrier and more aggressive.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:30 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I have to agree with you here. Gasol and Randolph have dominated the Spurs in the paint. Tim Duncan looks OLD and him getting 13 or 15 points a game for the Spurs isn't going to get them a championship. The Grizzlies look quicker, hungrier and more aggressive.
So if the Grizzlies are so quick and aggressive how is Gino able to drop 33 on them on Wednesday? Yes, Memphis has a formidable frontline and a few good shooters but they are not unbeatable for San Antonio. They are an eighth seed trying to knock off a 61 win proven Champion under the bright lights of the playoffs. And history shows that doesn't often happen.

San Antonio and Memphis are well-matched if you ask me. So the difference in the remainder of this series will come down to mental toughness and battle tested experience. Memphis showed in game 5 that they can crack under intense pressure while San Antonio simultaneously proved what they were made of in a tight game. To me it's a no brainer who takes game six and eventually the series. Spurs without a doubt.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:00 PM

Gametime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball