Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2022, 10:12 AM

23,571 posts, read 18,672,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Im gonna say they don't need an LMS training manager there getting paid 95k.

Seems like people want to complain about the mbta employees and their salaries but when it comes to suggesting eliminating some of them the answer is no.

I think a lot of it is too many damn people take the train. But no one wants to hear that either.

I thought ridership is still way down??? They already cut service on the Red and Orange lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
So she thinks it's the bus driver's fault? No excuse for such behavior.

That's kind of the mentality for many of these kids. They have the victimization mindset drilled into them at a young age. Don't you dare try to teach them personal responsibility.

Old 07-23-2022, 10:38 AM

MBTA poll: Which T Line is your favorite and least favorite? Vote here.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/07...ite-vote-here/

Old 07-23-2022, 10:43 AM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Hu?
you think the answer is having less people take the train?
thats a fantastic business model.
It's hardly a business. It's a public service. Whatever business model they have in place now it's a disgrace. And yes I think the T has rapidly been run down the past 10 years or so with the amount of people on it.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:08 AM

Quote:
It's hardly a business. It's a public service. Whatever business model they have in place now it's a disgrace. And yes I think the T has rapidly been run down the past 10 years or so with the amount of people on it.

Before Covid or after Covid??? What else you say is correct. Transit ridership is basically a market asking to be served, where it's in the state's interest to meet its needs. Lose a T rider, that's one more vehicle out in the road (or even worse, a rideshare vehicle). What we have now is a captive market without competition, that has been neglected and poorly served.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:12 AM

I dont know what ridership is like after covid but it seems that the trains are still quite crowded.

Because there is no real competition they seem to think they don't have to do anything to make it better. It seems they need to replace all of the trains at this point.

All these billion dollar business who want people's butts in the chairs forcing them to ride the train will do nothing about it to help either though. It's all up to the state to provide workers get a fabulous commute to work i guess.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I dont know what ridership is like after covid but it seems that the trains are still quite crowded.

I've ridden the T twice in 2022, it wasn't crowded at all (although neither were during rush hour). Last I heard, ridership was down ~50% from peak. That's a lot of lost revenue.

Quote:
All these billion dollar business who want people's butts in the chairs forcing them to ride the train will do nothing about it to help either though. It's all up to the state to provide workers get a fabulous commute to work i guess.

Yes that's generally how it works. The businesses provide the jobs, and it's a function of the state to provide the transportation and infrastructure for those businesses to succeed. I wish the state would do more to a. improve infrastructure and b. encourage more jobs to be more evenly dispersed around the state so fewer have to travel to Boston. But as always, we get what we vote for.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:33 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I've ridden the T twice in 2022, it wasn't crowded at all (although neither were during rush hour). Last I heard, ridership was down ~50% from peak. That's a lot of lost revenue.

Yes that's generally how it works. The businesses provide the jobs, and it's a function of the state to provide the transportation and infrastructure for those businesses to succeed. I wish the state would do more to a. improve infrastructure and b. encourage more jobs to be more evenly dispersed around the state so fewer have to travel to Boston. But as always, we get what we vote for.
It's become unsustainable for the state apparently

Old 07-23-2022, 04:13 PM

9,080 posts, read 6,302,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I thought ridership is still way down??? They already cut service on the Red and Orange lines.
At one point they cut weekend commuter rail service but now it seems to be back.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:37 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,344,844 times
What I hear from friends who work there makes me believe the T is a very corrupt public service.

They need an outside audit and an unbiased overhaul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston