Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 07:56 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,688,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
He seems very young and very angry, and naive, with hubris, a bad combination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,155 times
User_ID already has done the proving.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:58 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,506,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite
He seems very young and very angry, and naive, with hubris, a bad combination.
Quote:
Double post. Personal attacks. Very mature of you.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
User_ID already has done the proving.
He didn't once do any proving.
> I proved the 'tax burden' figure was insignificant in assessing the tax differential I would face in TX vs. CA
> I proved taxes are higher in CA
> I proved business taxes are higher in CA than TX

and specific to my ventures :
> An LLC w/ various partners focused in Real Estate Investment
> Trading/Investments
> An LLC w/ various partners focused on Software Sales

Business taxes would be significantly less (in several states I am evaluating : including Texas)

Aside from that, in case you have a problem w/ your vision :
http://www.taxfoundation.org/UserFiles/Image/maps/BP60-Fig1-map-large.jpg (broken link)

So, I'm a bit slow, remind me what User_ID proved.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:19 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,688,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Double post. Personal attacks. Very mature of you.
Statement of fact, not an attack at all, I feel for you, in fact, I have tried to give you a little fatherly advice about what is important in life, you seem to have missed it.

Have you read the book I suggested for you yet?

Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,093,812 times
Quote:
1.) I proved the 'tax burden' figure was insignificant in assessing the tax differential I would face in TX vs. CA
2.) I proved taxes are higher in CA
3.) I proved business taxes are higher in CA than TX
Clearly you aren't listening as I never disagreed with any of these, rather I elaborated on them, that is:

1.) No issue here, but you rather oddly think it only applies in one direction. There are cases where California is rather cheap in terms of taxes, it all depends on the details. Both the industries you mentioned do not get taxed heavily in California.
2.) Again no issue, in fact I cited information that showed that as a whole taxes are higher in California. But, even as you note, this doesn't tell you the whole story. California taxes low-income and middle-class folks lightly, on the other hand many "low tax" states do the opposite.
3.) Once again no issue here, on average businesses in California pay more taxes than most states. But the tax burden is in no sense equal, some industries get taxed more heavily than others.

Anyhow, you're not even addressing the issues I've brought up, you just keep neurotically posting a map about "business tax climate".

Old 03-24-2011, 10:38 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,125,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
The coastal markets in California are still coming down, $600k today can actually buy you a lot.

When people compare real estate between Texas and California they are rarely doing a apples to oranges comparison. Most Texas real estate is comparable to inland California and you'll find similar prices. Where Texas beats inland California is in terms of jobs, you can find better jobs around Austin, Dallas, etc than you can you can around Riverside, Fresno, etc. In the future this is likely to change though, these areas are rapidly changing and investment is likely to remain high for decades.
Yeah, I watch the markets there regularly. From where we moved on the central coast $600k is a very moderate budget. Ranging from 1200-1800 sq ft near the beaches, perhaps 1400-2000 sq ft in San Luis Obispo, and probably up to 3000 depending on the age and condition farther inland around Paso Robles/Templeton/Atascadero. Here, we have 4200 sq ft lakefront. Im sure the property taxes would be lower than what we pay. I'd say that after the crash in todays market the central valley is comparable to Austins market, but its impossible to really compare, while some choices will comp out, others will not.

You mentioned Austin and Dallas. The high end neighborhoods are very expensive as you said, but you still have a vast amount of very affordable housing. You can still find brand new construction in Austin for just over $100,000......and even less than that in the other big metro areas.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Clearly you aren't listening as I never disagreed with any of these, rather I elaborated on them, that is:

1.) No issue here, but you rather oddly think it only applies in one direction. There are cases where California is rather cheap in terms of taxes, it all depends on the details. Both the industries you mentioned do not get taxed heavily in California.
2.) Again no issue, in fact I cited information that showed that as a whole taxes are higher in California. But, even as you note, this doesn't tell you the whole story. California taxes low-income and middle-class folks lightly, on the other hand many "low tax" states do the opposite.
3.) Once again no issue here, on average businesses in California pay more taxes than most states. But the tax burden is in no sense equal, some industries get taxed more heavily than others.

Anyhow, you're not even addressing the issues I've brought up, you just keep neurotically posting a map about "business tax climate".
K, this sounds o.k . My circumstances have been heavily evaluated and don't apply to all. In evaluating my circumstances I am seeing big differences and this is motivating my decision. Probably the same as Carls Jr. I will level w/ you and say that not everyone's situation would be mine but I don't deny personal findings for my situation of professional advisement for it. You obviously know a good amount about the various business taxes/laws. As do I, from research/advisement. What is not known are all the details about my situation and I will limit my comments to that. You are right in your points but many don't apply to me.

*shake on it?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Statement of fact, not an attack at all, I feel for you, in fact, I have tried to give you a little fatherly advice about what is important in life, you seem to have missed it.

Have you read the book I suggested for you yet?
*gives .highnlite a hug.. I am really o.k you know ...
I don't recall what book you suggested. Can you give the title again.
B.T.W - Come July (if this vote) happens about tax increases, trust me, you wont see me posting about taxes anymore. I post on multiple forums and am quite active in local debates .. My efforts are to inform people so as to make for more educated voters on the issue. The end game is (if it happens) a vote to not extend taxes. Regardless of the outcome, there will be no more actionable items past that time. Thus, there will be no reason to continue discussing the topic passionately.

B.T.W - Have you hit the slopes at all this season ? The snowpack is awesome

Old 03-25-2011, 11:07 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,093,812 times
Quote:
My circumstances have been heavily evaluated and don't apply to all. In evaluating my circumstances I am seeing big differences and this is motivating my decision.
You cited a difference of 7~10% there is no way that is true. In terms of your circumstances, I can't say anything because you are being rather vague. More than likely you have a vague dream, rather than a sound business plan.

But stop wasting your time, get going. You say you're waiting to see what happens with the tax extensions, but that makes no sense. Those taxes are far to small to make a real difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California