Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,804 times

Advertisements

Redding, wow, now I was brought up a Army brat in the 60's. My Dad was a career officer and we lived in Denmark ( I was born in West Germany, "what does he mean by West Germany"), England, France. I enlisted in the U.S. Navy Submarine Service and saw the rest of the world. I retired from FedEx and for some bizarre reason I decided to move to Redding from Santa Cruz. I thought I had landed on some strange alien planet. One time in the bank when I was switching my bank account over a guy behind me in line mistook my British Union Jack tattoo( my Mom served in the British Army in WWII where she met my father who was with the 455th Bomb Squadron) for a Confederate flag. Right then and there I should have got back into my U-Haul and drove home to the coast. I am a educated guy, BA in History so I am not a rocket scientist although I was a navigator on 3 different Fleet Ballistic Missile submarines and I have lived in bad areas of towns and also good areas. By far and I mean by leaps and bounds this is the worst place I have ever lived. I have a list of 20 things that utterly blow me away about this hell hole . I wont bore you with them but it's mainly the white trash. Welfare / food stamp remora's from Hell. Meth smoking ,heroin injecting hillbilly inbred cousin fu^%ing rednecks. Then there are the Bethel brainwashed little moron's whom spout their B.S form of cult religion. As a matter of fact every church I have attended had and always will have the biggest hypocrite followers. I see the women dressed as hookers attending service and then peel out of the driveway talking and texting on their cell phones. I have worked in customer service with Fortune 500 companies and I am just amazed at the ignorance and sense of entitlement the youth has today. Then the pot growers....what a joke, trash the land, sell the pot to "pot clubs", if I was the Governor and actually had a pair I would call in the lame Fed's to clean it all up. But for me there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I get a pension and I just inherited a nice sum of money . So I sincerely hope Redding and Anderson and Cottonwood get hit by a rogue meteorite leveling it to dust as I am read about it in the Honolulu Star- Advisor, good riddance Redding, Aloha and Mahalo suckers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 02:00 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,021,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleK View Post
Patrick Francis Brooks , Shasta County CA < One of my favorite Redding citizens :P
"Why do I keep getting turned down when I apply for a job?"

Old 07-04-2014, 02:08 PM

200 posts, read 454,152 times
^^ lol!!!

Old 07-06-2014, 10:18 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
And this is why there is no Redding forum.

But, I have decided not to defend Redding to the world any longer. I like the traffic the way it is.

I'll just climb over all the meth addicts to get to my car tomorrow morning and drive 30 minutes to a free kayak tour at Whiskey Town Lake, the national park right in our backyard, that is mandated by federal law to have a full water level for our recreational enjoyment, in spite of the drought.

See ya!

Old 07-07-2014, 08:49 AM

I think the primary reason there is no Redding forum is due to size/population of the area, but that's just my reasoning. It's also kind of hard for me to defend Redding when I see what Redding once was and how it is now during the past 30 years and seeing people EVERY day who have been robbed due to the tweakers/heroin addicts stealing from them.

...and in other news Redding, in one year, has gone from being 10th in the US to 6th in car thefts. Top 10 Metro Areas for Car Thefts

Old 07-08-2014, 09:52 AM

367 posts, read 421,273 times
I think there definitely should be a separate forum for Northern California outside Bay area and Sacramento (something like "Northern California-small towns"). There're many political or general state-wide issues posts on California forum which shadow posts about North Cal towns.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Utopia is hard to find.. one can insulate one's self from the world with money..I doubt there is a utopia

I do wonder about places that put an emphasis on family.. religion.. service to others... whether they exist and whether these attributes would change my perceptions.. or in the case my reality

When I first moved to Redding I loved it and felt safe here.. now ab109.. homeless.. flocks of dopers coming to grow.. all the lowlifes that come with them.. all have changed our area exponentially in just several years... rarely did we have a pursuit,, now we have one every day,, rarely were there OIS shootings,, we've been having one a month.. beginning to feel like where I came from.. I do think I see it from a different vantage point than most people

My wife and I have concluded there is no utopia in the US anymore.. so we will look for a place with less density,, fewer people gnerally means fewer services ..less government.. lower taxes..

Kalifornia is about too many people vying for too few resources,,, and half of us paying for the other half of sick lame and lazy.. change that and utopia just might follow
Fully agree with that. And yes, nowhere in this country is a nice living anymore (unless you're extremely wealthy and can literally create a fortress on some desirable large land parcel). It's a kind of slow degradation of the quality of life that's happening everywhere, which accompanies increased social division.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I have a new technique for people who ask me for change because they need bus money or food money or whatever. I start talking their heads off about all of my bills and oh, how I wished I had some spare change, but you would not believe how much is costs to pay my electric bill and my rent and put gas in my car, let alone dog food......by now they are running away from me LOL!
This technique may be a good working way to get away from possible confrontation, but the point is that law-abiding citizens have a right to live without having to engage in this--should be able to walk without having to look over their shoulder or live in fear, bend their head down when confronted by these criminals or come up with "excuses" why they don't want to give handout and have their dignity violated this way. This state fails to provide this dignity and safety in almost all parts of it. I found situation was way better in mountain towns vs. valley towns.

A while ago I had aggressive padhandlers threaten me (even threaten to fight me)... now, after years of sport, my look had changed and these junkies don't approach me anymore. Look at the city of South Lake Tahoe: you get junkies mess with people in the street or places like laundromats....THIS CHANGES once the border to Nevada is crossed (Nevada border pretty much cuts through town, even though it's a technically a different city on the NV side). NV is a carry state and their sheriffs don't mess around as well --so the lowlife scum just falls off about right at the border. Whatever crimes they like to commit--they try to stick to California side, where people are not likely to pack. CA is a free party for thugs to harass, assault and steal from law-abiding people, all sponsored by the lunatic government. With increasing meth and other drugs infestation--this is creeping all over the country, though... And in the Western coastal states now you're either in the wealthy enclave or in the dumps where it's not safe. Standards of people are getting lowered more and more and they're starting to feel that this is normal to be harassed, hassled and threatened and just chalk it up quietly. Another problem is in Kaliffornia self defense can get you in trouble and people may fear unlawful prosecution for self-defense even more than being harmed by criminals...truly sick. Perhaps one should seek the harshest climate to live in, in hopes this may deter the thugs from moving in all over the place.

Last edited by Usrname; 07-08-2014 at 10:43 AM..

Old 07-11-2014, 10:54 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,146,302 times
Here's some more LOL news from the area:

I swear the collective IQ of the leadership in this area is about 10.

Chemtrails debate takes center stage at Shasta County supervisors

Old 07-12-2014, 07:25 PM

^^ I'm never surprised anymore by the stupidity of the Redding City Council. Fargo, I wouldn't have even given that high an IQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California