Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 4,747 times

Advertisements

If you have medicare, I wouldn't recommend Redding. The main place that takes medicare is the community clinic which, while it has fine doctors, is not accepting new patients and has 8,000 recently added to their list by force by obamacare, and those are mostly all the poor white unemployed disabled people in their 40s and 50s who smoke pot and methamphetamine all day. The heat is unbearable in the summer and I feel like a captive in my home. We have people flying the confederate flag out here. It's 86% poor white trash except essentially the nurses and doctors and other people who work at the two hospitals on town. This place is basically retail city, where all the uneducated people who are lucky enough to have jobs work, and then there are the people who work in the health industries keeping these people physically alive. And then all the "disabled" workers. I had to move here and I'm leaving at soon as my stint is over. Honestly pick another place. Or get better health insurance and live in a housing community away from Redding proper, in which case I gotta ask if being in Redding is really even necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 06:23 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,848,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novascptia View Post
I had to move here
"Had to?"

Old 08-22-2014, 01:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,747 times
Default had to

I was assigned a position here through a system which does not permit any flexibility after the fact, it's a small town so I'm not going to specify further lest it narrow things down, but yes, I had to, and my time will not be up soon enough.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:36 AM

4 posts, read 7,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by submantrooper View Post
Redding, wow, now I was brought up a Army brat in the 60's. My Dad was a career officer and we lived in Denmark ( I was born in West Germany, "what does he mean by West Germany"), England, France. I enlisted in the U.S. Navy Submarine Service and saw the rest of the world. I retired from FedEx and for some bizarre reason I decided to move to Redding from Santa Cruz. I thought I had landed on some strange alien planet. One time in the bank when I was switching my bank account over a guy behind me in line mistook my British Union Jack tattoo( my Mom served in the British Army in WWII where she met my father who was with the 455th Bomb Squadron) for a Confederate flag. Right then and there I should have got back into my U-Haul and drove home to the coast. I am a educated guy, BA in History so I am not a rocket scientist although I was a navigator on 3 different Fleet Ballistic Missile submarines and I have lived in bad areas of towns and also good areas. By far and I mean by leaps and bounds this is the worst place I have ever lived. I have a list of 20 things that utterly blow me away about this hell hole . I wont bore you with them but it's mainly the white trash. Welfare / food stamp remora's from Hell. Meth smoking ,heroin injecting hillbilly inbred cousin fu^%ing rednecks. Then there are the Bethel brainwashed little moron's whom spout their B.S form of cult religion. As a matter of fact every church I have attended had and always will have the biggest hypocrite followers. I see the women dressed as hookers attending service and then peel out of the driveway talking and texting on their cell phones. I have worked in customer service with Fortune 500 companies and I am just amazed at the ignorance and sense of entitlement the youth has today. Then the pot growers....what a joke, trash the land, sell the pot to "pot clubs", if I was the Governor and actually had a pair I would call in the lame Fed's to clean it all up. But for me there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I get a pension and I just inherited a nice sum of money . So I sincerely hope Redding and Anderson and Cottonwood get hit by a rogue meteorite leveling it to dust as I am read about it in the Honolulu Star- Advisor, good riddance Redding, Aloha and Mahalo suckers.
apparently you didnt know there was a huge homeless population in hawaii. There also a drug/huge meth issue there as well. waianae has cheap homes, if you dont mind property thieves. kauai, koloa, lihue has cheap condos. well, cheap as in under 100k

im sure its nice in ways. money can buy nice places nearly anywhere. no matter where we go, our self follows. who rah siemen.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:48 AM

4 posts, read 7,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I said utopia.. I didnt say reality...

There are certainly places substantially better in many aspects than others by personal preferrence

Im burned out on California. its luster is gone for me... I will have fond memories...

If I was rich enough Id live on a 100 acres in nothern Santa Barbara...

But.. since Im one of the 50 percenters paying for the lowlifes sucking off the worker bees... that lifestyle isnt happening

So..I will continue to look for a more conservative place. much less nanny state stuff, less services, less government, more religion and family values.. perhaps midewest.. who knows

Redding used to be that way.. not anymore
there is a midwest state.. that has religion, believes in community, and prioritizes family values. its a liberal state but the se part of it has a conservative view. its affordable, has low crime, great education and a good hospital. the only con....its a big one.. real winters, however, there are 4 seasons.

hint. Its north of Iowa and west of Wisconsin. The area i speak of..hmmmm. its easy to figure out, if you are looking for what you say you are.

its not utopia... but its close.

Last edited by pogobats; 11-16-2014 at 08:00 AM..

Old 11-17-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogobats View Post
there is a midwest state.. that has religion, believes in community, and prioritizes family values. its a liberal state but the se part of it has a conservative view. its affordable, has low crime, great education and a good hospital. the only con....its a big one.. real winters, however, there are 4 seasons.

hint. Its north of Iowa and west of Wisconsin. The area i speak of..hmmmm. its easy to figure out, if you are looking for what you say you are.

Nearly all of my family come from the Mosquito State. One cousin kind of summed it up so many years back, after hearing a few CA life stories: "I've never even met an Asian in person."

But hey, by all means, we encourage all who seek such familiar comfort (with all the country/family buffets one could drool over) to go and find such nirvana. Just be aware of the whole Swedes vs. Norwegians thing there, and the whole ethos will make more sense.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:46 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogobats View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Nearly all of my family come from the Mosquito State. One cousin kind of summed it up so many years back, after hearing a few CA life stories: "I've never even met an Asian in person."

But hey, by all means, we encourage all who seek such familiar comfort (with all the country/family buffets one could drool over) to go and find such nirvana. Just be aware of the whole Swedes vs. Norwegians thing there, and the whole ethos will make more sense.
I grew up in St. Paul. Was a regular blood donor to the mosquito bank. Read pogobats' review and utopia conclusion. Laughed so hard I couldn't type a response. By all means, I think everyone unhappy with California should move to Minnesota. Can't think of a better lesson.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:41 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
I hope you like snow. Lots of snow.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I grew up in St. Paul. Was a regular blood donor to the mosquito bank. Read pogobats' review and utopia conclusion. Laughed so hard I couldn't type a response. By all means, I think everyone unhappy with California should move to Minnesota. Can't think of a better lesson.
Or Ohio. Quite a lesson.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,317,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novascptia View Post
I was assigned a position here through a system which does not permit any flexibility after the fact, it's a small town so I'm not going to specify further lest it narrow things down, but yes, I had to, and my time will not be up soon enough.
So what prison are you in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California